Nuttiest thing you've ever seen at the pool?

tiggeril

Let's lighten things up around here!

When I'm on the pool deck, I've usually got my nose buried in a book.

I know we've got a lot of observant people on this board, so please share the craziest, silliest, most outrageous things you've seen on deck!

While sitting in the Solarium a sign was posted at the pool with all the rules. Since this is an adult only area I wondered why one of the rules was "no one wearing diapers allowed in the pool." Makes me wonder!

I believe it's because, when the Radiance ships travel in cold climate areas (Alaska), the indoor pool is open to all.

I've only seen fighting for chairs. I've seen people actually using their vacation time taking pictures of chair hogs. Wait, that was me. I should ask my wife she is the pool goddess.

Oh, wait my feeble mind just remembered one! On Allure 2013 my wife indicated she wanted one of the drink cooler bagss that they sell with several bottles. So the last Sea day on the way back to port I bought one of those bags with I think 4 Coors lights and 4 Mike's Hard Lemonade and we had a nice spot by the beach pool. I think I had all 4 Coors gone and one of her Mike's and I remember watching this 30 something, decent looking German lady sunning while laying flat on her stomach with her top undone. I was people watching and noticed this lady and admired wiht what I thought was some disgression (obviously influenced by alcohol.) She started to get up by pulling up her bikini top and sat up to tie it. When we saw me admiring her, she pulled it down for a quick flash. Add in the other pair at Quest the night before, it was the only 4 I have ever seen on a cruise. (Other than those belonging to my wife.)

Edited by BillOh

Watched a rather chubby woman wrap a towel around herself and proceed to change out of her swimsuit and get dressed. Unfortunately, the towel did not completely cover her during the process, especially when she bent over to pick up her underwear!:eek:

Sherri:)

Apparently, a lot of women will change bathing suits at the pool...we had it happen multiple times daily on our Brilliance cruise....every time she got wet, she'd strip down, and put on a dry suit...no towel, no nothing. Needless to say, her lounge chair became a magnet for onlookers! Was she a model?...nope...an older lady!!

Funniest & one that everyone who saw it, hope never to see again. An elderly gentleman about 5'6" 250 pounds wearing a Speedo with his boys haging out! :eek:

Maybe he was trying to get them suntanned! :D

LuLu

I've only seen fighting for chairs. I've seen people actually using their vacation time taking pictures of chair hogs. Wait, that was me. I should ask my wife she is the pool goddess.

Oh, wait my feeble mind just remembered one! On Allure 2013 my wife indicated she wanted one of the drink cooler bagss that they sell with several bottles. So the last Sea day on the way back to port I bought one of those bags with I think 4 Coors lights and 4 Mike's Hard Lemonade and we had a nice spot by the beach pool. I think I had all 4 Coors gone and one of her Mike's and I remember watching this 30 something, decent looking German lady sunning while laying flat on her stomach with her top undone. I was people watching and noticed this lady and admired wiht what I thought was some disgression (obviously influenced by alcohol.) She started to get up by pulling up her bikini top and sat up to tie it. When we saw me admiring her, she pulled it down for a quick flash. Add in the other pair at Quest the night before, it was the only 4 I have ever seen on a cruise. (Other than those belonging to my wife.)

OhBill.....:rolleyes:

One of the funniest things I have ever seen at the pool was actually a ship-sponsored activity. Many years ago they would throw fruit (apples, bananas, pears, etc.) into the pool and the contest was to see who could stuff the most fruit into their swim suit. Pretty funny!:D

On our last cruise, the Belly-flop competition was about to get underway when the cruise director said "hold it... there appears to be something in the water". It turned out that someone had thrown up, and chosen to keep it to themselves. Some spectators thought it was an older man who seemed to have a bit too much to drink. Needless to say, the contest was postponed, the pool had to be closed, drained and cleaned by the staff. :eek:

One of the funniest things I have ever seen at the pool was actually a ship-sponsored activity. Many years ago they would throw fruit (apples, bananas, pears, etc.) into the pool and the contest was to see who could stuff the most fruit into their swim suit. Pretty funny!:D

Better remember to bring the banana hammock.

On a Celebrity cruise last summer from NJ R/T Bermuda, there was a child about 7 years old, totally unsupervised, in the adult pool which was experiencing a lot of sea change, i.e., high waves. The kid was clinging to the side and appeared terrified. Adults helped him out and I didn't see a grown-up appear until at least 15 minutes later.

We tried to find some staff to get the kid's family, but they were not around. Would hate to think if something really bad had happened. And I do think that the ships should take some lifeguarding responsibility because of irresponsible adults on the cruise. :(

I saw two older gentleman, wearing Speedos that were as old as they were and therefore bereft of elastic, sitting on a deck chair with their legs up-knees bent, with ping and pong, and the small cue stick totally exposed.

I saw two older gentleman, wearing Speedos that were as old as they were and therefore bereft of elastic, sitting on a deck chair with their legs up-knees bent, with ping and pong, and the small cue stick totally exposed.

:eek::eek:LMAO, I can just picture that.

Better remember to bring the banana hammock.

Genius. This forum should have a round of applause button.