2016 Itineraries

What happens is that Seabourn will take a deposit for an itinerary with no sail date yet published. This requires a deposit ($400) and you are given 1st shot at a "requested" cabin before its open the general public. I just did that for a Canada-Ft Lauderdale trip and got what I asked for.

That's very interesting. Please pardon my ignorance BUT where do you get to see itineraries without sail dates?

There are 2 different cruises thru the canal, Dec 2015 and March 2016. 20 days or extended.

Exactly - December 2015 is still a long way away and the last time they did Panama was .. when? Just seemed to me that there was quite a long gap between Seabourn cruises down the canal.

And 20 days is a bit of a deal killer for us I think. We wait more ..

Exactly - December 2015 is still a long way away and the last time they did Panama was .. when? Just seemed to me that there was quite a long gap between Seabourn cruises down the canal.

And 20 days is a bit of a deal killer for us I think. We wait more ..

December 23, 2013 on Sojourn. Link to my photos

That's very interesting. Please pardon my ignorance BUT where do you get to see itineraries without sail dates?

All the itineraries have "names" i.e.: "Atlantic Coast Harbors"

They run year after year with very little change, possibly a stop or two.

So if you like a specific cruise you can request it for the future with no real obligation. The deposit is always refundable.

What happens is that Seabourn will take a deposit for an itinerary with no sail date yet published. This requires a deposit ($400) and you are given 1st shot at a "requested" cabin before its open the general public. I just did that for a Canada-Ft Lauderdale trip and got what I asked for.

We have done this for the new build, don't know where, don't know when. We like V 6 suites on deck 8, but these are already gone, so we are wait listed!

Thank you Markham for spotting that the itineraries had been loaded, I've only just seen your post as I've been offline for a couple of weeks.

So for Christmas 2015, our options are either:

a) Panama Canal transit on Odyssey (I don't know why but I have concerns about Odyssey, seems to draw more complaints than Quest and Sojourn).

b) Panama Canal transit with Silversea :eek:

c) reverse itinerary on Sojourn that we just took on our last cruise, Singapore to Hong Kong this time instead of vice versa.

Hmmm.

My TA sent my notification of the 2016 itineraries two days ago. It really does pay to have a good TA. Wish Seabourn would go to Alaska.

We too wish Seabourn would return to Alaska. In May we had a very nice trip on Pacific Princess in a great 2 bath aft suite. The best cabin we have ever had. Food and service were very good as well but we would have looked very hard at Seabourn.

All the itineraries have "names" i.e.: "Atlantic Coast Harbors"

They run year after year with very little change, possibly a stop or two.

So if you like a specific cruise you can request it for the future with no real obligation. The deposit is always refundable.

Thank you San Jose King, that is very helpful.

Thank you Markham for spotting that the itineraries had been loaded, I've only just seen your post as I've been offline for a couple of weeks.

a) Panama Canal transit on Odyssey (I don't know why but I have concerns about Odyssey, seems to draw more complaints than Quest and Sojourn).

c) reverse itinerary on Sojourn that we just took on our last cruise, Singapore to Hong Kong this time instead of vice versa.

Hmmm.

We compared a Penthouse on the Odyssey cruise you mentioned with a Silver Suite on the Silver Spirit. We have sailed in both types of suites. The per diem for the Odyssey Penthouse is $999.50 before taxes, etc. The per diem for the Silver Suite is $691.00 before taxes, etc. (and take 5% off of that if you are a Venetian Society member). That's over $300.00 per person difference each day. Any ideas why such a difference??

Hmmm.

The Singapore to Hong Kong for me

Have done the Panama so many times and I do not like the Odyssey so much.

There's always Antarctica on the Quest

Edited by Mr Luxury

and I do not like the Odyssey so much.

Could I ask what it is about the Odyssey you dislike, or what is better on the Sojourn & Quest ? I thought the ships were all identical, so is it just a question of crew/staff differences, or something more substantial ?

Will shortly be on our first 'big girl' cruise, on the Odyssey, and as the 'little sisters' have been such a good fit for us I am a little aprehensive about the new experience. Forewarned is forearmed and being aware of any issues, one is less likely to feel as dissapointed.

Edited by Flamin_June

It is strange, but we did not like Odyssey as much as Sojourn or Quest. The Captain on then was rather silent and uncommunicative (but he is now not on Odyssey, and seems to have got a bit better socially!) and the staff, though of course good, did sometimes seem a bit defensive. We put this down, in both cases, to the fact that we felt that Odyssey definitely has a 'judder' which you notice at night in bed, which seems to be when either an extra engine is switched on or one off. This apparently does not apply to all suites, nor to any particular part of the ship, but we certainly had it,and it woke us up sometimes.

A member of staff did confide that Odyssey was, as he described it, the prototype, and the problem does exist and is almost impossible to solve. It also applies to Regent Voyager.

I dare say someone will shoot me down in flames, but I do think it is the case, and does not occur on Sojourn or Quest. Would like to hear other opinions on this topic.

Thanks for your comments lincslady. I remember a fair bit of discussion abiut the judder a few years ago. Not much mention recently - I thought it had been fixed.

Hmmm - this is veering way off topic, so I think I will open up another thread to (hopefully) continue this conversation.

The Odyssey did have some vibration issues but with a particular technical refit 2 years ago I understand this was sorted and that the application is also in place on Sojourn and Quest.

It would be useful to hear from recent Odyssey passengers their experience with vibration relating to the ship's operation (as opposed to whatever Mr L and his wife are enjoying).

We have a 2 weeker on Odyssey in November and are keenly looking forward to it!

Happy sailing!

The Odyssey did have some vibration issues but with a particular technical refit 2 years ago I understand this was sorted and that the application is also in place on Sojourn and Quest.

It would be useful to hear from recent Odyssey passengers their experience with vibration relating to the ship's operation (as opposed to whatever Mr L and his wife are enjoying).

We have a 2 weeker on Odyssey in November and are keenly looking forward to it!

Happy sailing!

Just watch out for the sofa in 642

The Singapore to Hong Kong for me

Have done the Panama so many times and I do not like the Odyssey so much.

Interesting that I've picked up an odd feeling overall about the Odyssey, even though I enjoy Quest and Sojourn.

We did Hong Kong to Singapore in March and although I wasn't that enthusiastic about most of the ports before the cruise, it was actually one of the best holidays we've ever had.

The itinerary is identical for Christmas 2015, just the opposite direction. We're considering it strongly - we loved Singapore and could happily spend a few more days there pre-cruise.

Nigella,

We too are looking at the Singapore to Hong Kong sailing. You mentioned that you did it this past March in the other direction. Did you take advantage of the excursion to Angkor Wat and if so, what were your impressions of the tour and would you recommend it?

Nigella,

We too are looking at the Singapore to Hong Kong sailing. You mentioned that you did it this past March in the other direction. Did you take advantage of the excursion to Angkor Wat and if so, what were your impressions of the tour and would you recommend it?

Hello RNBMN, I'm sorry I can't help you. The port stop in Cambodia is the only port that's different to the itinerary we did. On our cruise we had 2 days in Bangkok, whereas I noticed yesterday that the Christmas cruise has 1 day there and one in Cambodia.

• 2 months later...