suite perks

smokie36

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Love this thread! TY

Packing for a last minute booked Alaskan sailing on Jewel sailing next Saturday 9/19.

Knowing its bound to be chilly & wet our packing will be bulky,

so trying not to pack what we don't need.

Question: Does the Jewel SC 2 BR family Suite have Binoculars & Ubrellas?

In advance we appreciate your help so much!:)

Hi All,

Love this thread! TY

Packing for a last minute booked Alaskan sailing on Jewel sailing next Saturday 9/19.

Knowing its bound to be chilly & wet our packing will be bulky,

so trying not to pack what we don't need.

Question: Does the Jewel SC 2 BR family Suite have Binoculars & Ubrellas?

In advance we appreciate your help so much!:)

I don't recall that NCL provides binoculars - brelly sticks yes.

You may have the binocular issue confused with Carnival or Holland America

in their better class suites - and then I may be confused.

Traveling companions in a Carnival Suite had binoculars.

Others have experience with this - binoculars are not to be overlooked on a

Alaska cruise and to include a land package to Denali !

Edited by don't-use-real-name

I don't recall that NCL provides binoculars - brelly sticks yes.

You may have the binocular issue confused with Carnival or Holland America

in their better class suites - and then I may be confused.

Traveling companions in a Carnival Suite had binoculars.

Others have experience with this - binoculars are not to be overlooked on a

Alaska cruise and to include a land package to Denali !

OS and higher on NCL have binoculars, lower suites do not.

The cocktail party invitation for the suite guests is called VIP and the Captain attends. On the Star, it was held in the Spinnaker lounger. On the Jade it was held in the lounge/bar on deck 7 and the Captain had his picture taken with you as you entered the room. On the Dawn, the VIP party was held in both Garden Villas since they were vacant for that cruise. That was a treat!

That might depend on the ship. I don't remember us receiving an invitation.
and also cruzsnooze

As cadien said it may depend on the ship. We received one on the Pearl and on he Star. The Captain did allow pictures to be taken with him on the Star as my DSD asked if he would. I noticed he took pictures with other attendees as well. The invitations came with other paperwork/ship "mail" already in our cabin.

I saw in this video

At 2:57 that there is a "Concierge Lounge" in the Haven on the Jewel. Then I read somewhere that this may have been removed and turned into a suite. Yet NCL does not show the area as a room on their website.

Does anyone know if the NCL Jewel still has a "Concierge Lounge" in the Haven?

Thanks!

-Sean

Edited by wilmingtech

Can't see your video but the Jewel Deck Plan 15 still shows Villas Private Lounge which is what I think used to be called the Concierge Lounge.

I edited the video so you can click on the link. Just wondering if there is still access to that lounge on NCL Jewel.

Edited by wilmingtech

I edited the video so you can click on the link. Just wondering if there is still access to that lounge.

That's what I thought it was. The stairs lead to Deck 15 & the room is labeled Villas Private Lounge" on the deck plan. I think there was talk of them replacing with more suites but they never did it. Gem has Owner's suites there.

As cadien said it may depend on the ship. We received one on the Pearl and on he Star. The Captain did allow pictures to be taken with him on the Star as my DSD asked if he would. I noticed he took pictures with other attendees as well. The invitations came with other paperwork/ship "mail" already in our cabin.

The suite guests did all receive a bridge tour invitation in our case. And a handful of things were canceled because they weren't prepared right after dry dock, so maybe the tour was easier to do than a reception that time. We certainly preferred it.

I am just off of a short Carnival cruise with my DD. Though the grand suite was roomy it was not NCL. We ahd a great time and now I am waiting patiently for my suite on NCL next April!

We are also just off a Carnival cruise and had the Grand Suite. Your right about it not being NCL and our next cruise is also in April on NCL on the Jewel in an aft Penthouse.

You were at GS getting your DSC removed when they were passing them out, better luck next time.

Doubt it since the invites should come to the cabin but maybe. Now I won't have to worry about standing in line to remove the DSC since it will be a form to merely email in. I prefer to tip in cash as I go along and not double tip dinner since I already paid 18% on the specialty dinner package. To each his own and without judgement would be nice but you aren't secure enough acknowledge that apparently.

We are also just off a Carnival cruise and had the Grand Suite. Your right about it not being NCL and our next cruise is also in April on NCL on the Jewel in an aft Penthouse.

Too funny we have an aft Penthouse on the Jade. We will both enjoy our April cruise in luxury. :D