Favorite Ship and Favorite Port.

Susie51

I've sailed the various Grand-class & Sun-class ships but not the smaller old Renaissance ships and each one has their strong points. After sailing on the Royal last year I missed too many things on the Golden this year. Our next 2 cruises are on the Royal & Regal but for us the itinerary & price are more important than the ship. Each ship has it's strong points so I can easily find something to enjoy on any ship.

It's difficult to pick a favorite port but St. Petersburg was a wonderful surprise with Dutch canals & Italian architecture. Even 2 days wasn't enough time to see everything. Sailing into Venice was a wonderful experience and a great place to easily explore.

My favourite ship is Ruby Princess particularly if we have an aft cabin.

It is very hard to choose one port, but in Europe I love Istanbul, Venice (for the sail-in) and Kefalonia, and in the Caribbean it would be St Barth's. However we're sailing into New York in September so that may just about blow everything else out of the water (not literally!!).

I didn't see her mentioned, so think I will. My favorite ship so far is the Caribbean Princess. I loved everything about her, so much so, have sailed on her a second time.

I would have mentioned the Golden had it not been for returning to her and seeing how much it seemed as though she was in desperate need of a long dry dock session.

I also do like the Coral but has been several years since I have sailed on her. Trying out the Island in a couple of months and hopefully she is in good condition.

Favorite port -- well, way too many to mention. My favorite itinerary is Alaska, though.

However we're sailing into New York in September so that may just about blow everything else out of the water (not literally!!).

The Statue of Liberty at dawn. :) Okay, this is also my favorite port!

Sapphire Princess (and I like the 4 anytime dining rooms... more choices, more intimate, cool decor).

Embarkation port: toss-up between San Francisco and New York City.

Port of Call: This is actually kinda difficult. I try to enjoy myself no matter where I'm at... recently, I'd have to say that Roatan was a lot of fun.

Sapphire Princess - beautiful ship - and happy memories of 28 days spent on her in the South Pacific :)

Favourite port?

......tricky, but for very different reasons it would have to be a tie between Pago Pago and Dublin :D

All the Grand class ships! Love their Promenades, and Horizon Terrace pools, and Piazzas, and on and on... St. Thomas is my favorite port, more so due to good associations than anything else. St. Maartin would be close second. :D

Favorite port: San Francisco. Not so much for the port but because it's the nearest place for me to board a ship and it's where I boarded my first ever cruise ship and got hooked on cruising.

We're still so new to cruising that we don't have a lot of ports for comparison so the above is a good enough reason for now.

Favorite ship: Sea Princess. Again, because it was our very first ship and the first cruise is something really special that will never come again. Besides being our first ship, I actually did like Sea Princess quite a bit. Cafe Corniche was great and the really wide promenade with loungers made my wife smile big time. Just remembering how happy that cruise made my wife will always make Sea Princess very special to me.

This of course is a loaded question - and for us the answer is occasion driven.

For relaxation, our favorite port would be Honolulu - only due to Duke's Bar on the beach. For adventure, the ports of Italy (Venice or the Amalfi Coast) or Istanbul are all unbelievable. If there is one place you have to visit - Talliin should be your destination - where else can you actually put on a full suit of armour?????

As to ships - we love the Sapphire but the Coral and Island are right up there.

As most others have said - any ship, any port, any time - we love being onboard.

Like many folks: Island/Coral/Sapphire

Probably best port day ever: 4WDing in the Falklands, across muddy bogs in a cold rain, to see king penguins. Priceless! And the kind of thing I never would have done if I hadn't been on a cruise.

Favorite ship (to date) is Diamond Princess. Favorite port is probably Vancouver but that is likely to change once I have sailed from Venice 75 days from now.

Will tip my hat to the Coral/Island/Sapphire like many others. Good designs.

Wide promenade decks rule!

Norris

Bora Bora,Venice and Sydney top our port list.

Ship......we have been on four sizes of Princess ships, Coral, Star, Emerald(Crown and Caribbean) and Royal.. Each ship was a pleasure to sail. We would sail all of them without hesitation. The most beautiful of them all was

the Royal.:D

Another vote for the Caribbean Princess. Loved the layout, and loved our aft cabin.

St. Petersburg and Bora Bora are a tie for me. So, so different that I can't even compare enough to choose one or the other.