President's Cruise?

JLSPOOL

What is it?

Are all passengers on the ship included?

Do all Celebrity ships have one?

Which ships? What dates?

Are all/most/some activities by special invitation?

Are more public rooms reserved for "Private Function"?

jls

The only President's cruise I know of is the one sponsored by my online travel agent. This year it's the transpacific, on the Millenium, this September. I am told that this is the time to get great deals on future cruises. Besides the president of the cruise lines their will be some high ranking exectutives from Celebrity. They have cocktail parties, slot pulls, wine tasting and other things. This is just for the people who booked through the sponsoring travel agency.

I saw a thread about the one going on now on the Equinox in the Med.

Thx, interesting that there will be another in 2014 going trans-Pacific.

jls

Edited by JLSPOOL

It is not sponsored by any specific TA. It is sponsored by Celebrity. It is the cruise that the President, Michael Bayley will be on. You can find it on Celebrity's website, under Captain's Club, Presidents Cruise. They hold some special events during this cruise. IT is open to anyone, you can book direct through Celebrity or through any Travel Agency

It is not sponsored by any specific TA. It is sponsored by Celebrity. It is the cruise that the President, Michael Bayley will be on. You can find it on Celebrity's website, under Captain's Club, Presidents Cruise. They hold some special events during this cruise. IT is open to anyone, you can book direct through Celebrity or through any Travel Agency

This is different than the one I mentioned. This one left on July 26 and was a seven day Med cruise. Mine is valid and only can be booked through the online travel agency. Board protocol will not allow me to mention names so you could see for yourself.

The President Cruise is happening now. Bayley is on board with a lot of Miami bigwigs. There was a free shore excursion offered to the first 1000 Captains Club members who signed up (they got about 750). About 2/3 of the guests on board have no idea that this is a special cruise, they signed up independently, have nothing to do with Captains Club,

The next one will be next year on the Century.

I'm torn between taking the Century for a free shore excursion, or avoiding the Century.

Either way, we'll be wise and check with Celebrity to know before we go.

Isn't the Trans-Pac cruise mentioned earlier on Millie? Is another Pres cruise on Century?

Thanks for the info.

jls

Edited by JLSPOOL

There is (was) a Celebrity President's Cruise on Equinox and an upcoming travel agent's president cruise on Millennium to Japan. We're on the latter with about 600+ other passengers booking with that TA.

It would have been nice to see which president threw the better party for the passengers involved.;)

There is (was) a Celebrity President's Cruise on Equinox and an upcoming travel agent's president cruise on Millennium to Japan. We're on the latter with about 600+ other passengers booking with that TA.

It would have been nice to see which president threw the better party for the passengers involved.;)

Do you know if travel agents get a discount?

-Marisa

The announcement made on board was that the next President's Cruise will be on Century, round trip out of Singapore, in March of 2015. Nothing has appeared on the Celebrity website yet, but there should be mention of it soon.

The ship is nearly sold out already, for those considering booking it.

This year's President's Cruise included one free shore excursion, an evening in a Tuscan town, dinner and wine included.

There were three cocktail parties for Captain's Club members, one on opening night, one on the last night, each lasting 45 minutes.

There were souvenir pins for every Captain's Club members, and gifts of a set of Coasters and a wine opener kit.

With Michael Bayley on board, there were also many events like "Taste of Nice" dinner and "Taste of Spain" dinner at extra charge.

In addition, he hosted a dinner for 24 invited guests on the helipad.

Michael Bayley was very visible throughout the ship. He stopped by many tables during drinks and meals and said hello to lots of the guests.

• 3 weeks later...
What is it?

Are all passengers on the ship included?

Do all Celebrity ships have one?

Which ships? What dates?

Are all/most/some activities by special invitation?

Are more public rooms reserved for "Private Function"?

jls

I wouldn't specifically go on a cruise because it is the President's Cruise. We were on the July 26 Equinox sailing that was the President's Cruise. I didn't think that there was anything special about this cruise. The service wasn't better, in fact sometimes I felt like it kind of slacked (but maybe that's because we did Select dining instead of having a set time), the shows weren't better, and most of the special presidents events cost a ton of money.

The one event that didn't cost anything was that night in the village. While the concept was good, we felt that the execution wasn't the greatest. The food was eh, we basically spent 2+ hours (round-trip) driving in a coach bus for a mediocre dinner.

The only President's cruise I know of is the one sponsored by my online travel agent. This year it's the transpacific, on the Millenium, this September. I am told that this is the time to get great deals on future cruises. Besides the president of the cruise lines their will be some high ranking exectutives from Celebrity. They have cocktail parties, slot pulls, wine tasting and other things. This is just for the people who booked through the sponsoring travel agency.

Hello there,

The Celebrity President's Cruise is for any Captain's Club Member (Classic and above) regardless of their booking origin. Thanks!