Anyone Cruise on the Celebrity Mercury

GTVCRUISER

Beautiful ship, one of the secrets were the four outside cabins on the sky deck on each side and each end of the deck. They were regular outside cabins with huge verands's. Word got around on this board and people swooped them up, became very hard to get. Same set up on the Galaxy. They were some of the first cabins switched over to Concierge when that category was introduce.

We sailed the Mercury for 15 luxurious nights back in 1998 for our 25th anniversary. Got on in Fort Lauderdale and got off in Los Angeles and went through the Panama Canal. It was a repositioning cruise from the Caribbean to Alaska and about 20% of the ship was staying on for the follow on cruise of 14 nights from L.A. up to Seward. Would have loved to have done that but 15 nights was a long time for us.

We received a certificate saying that we were the largest ship through the Panama Canal at that time.

Great cruise!

Mercury was our first =X= cruise back in February 2000. We were fortunate to sail her two more times before she left the fleet.

Miss her terribly and disappointed to see Century now leaving the fleet.

Our very first ever cruise was on Celebrity Mercury. Been hooked on cruising ever since!

Ditto. Our first cruise ever. Got us hooked. Excellent service. Loved the champagne greeting, the ice cream, entertainment... everything!

Heading off today on Century to Alaska. Sailed her once before. This will be the last on her.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I loved the Mercury! In 2001 I did a B2B on her in Alaska and it was probably the best cruise I've been on. Everything was perfect and the ship was beautiful. To me it felt like a perfect combo of the Century and Galaxy. I remember having some serious post cruise depression after that trip.

Our favorite ship. Perfect in every way. We enjoyed great service and dining, outstanding crew, interesting pax, beautiful ship.Just the right size for cruising.

We were so sad when she left the fleet.