Elite Breakfast

not2old

Could someone tell us where the Elite breakfast on the Summit is usually held and the times? Thanks!

Last time I sailed Summit (last summer), it was held in Normandie

from 8-10.

• 1 month later...
Any thing special about an elite breakfast or just a quiet place to eat?

It's a quiet place to eat -- mostly continental breakfast with specialty coffees and bloody marys & mimosos.

It's usually held in the specialty restaurant on Deck 3 on the M-Class, and the Tuscan Grill, Deck 5, on the S-Class.

when we were on Constellation TA last April they held it on Deck 11, Tuscan Grill, for Elite +, and Ocean Liners, Deck 3, for Elite, although they never checked and you could go to either one.

Any thing special about an elite breakfast or just a quiet place to eat?

Well, if you would like an adult beverage such as a Mimosa or

Bloody Mary? It is included, along with cappuchinos, lattes, etc...

specialty coffees that are extra $ in other venues...no extra charge

at the Elite Breakfast.

Can kids go? Also if my parents are Select level and if we book them in a room with elite can they go then??

It's an "Elite" function -- a perk designed for those who attained Elite status. We recently traveled with my brother and his wife who are Select. They went to either the MDR or Buffet for breakfast, and found other things to do while we were at the Elite cocktail hour from 5-7 in the evening.

There was a person at the entrance checking cruise cards. We went there just for the quiet environment. Selections are much less than the buffet upstairs. One interesting observation, unlike the buffet line, most people took small portion of food on their plates.

Can kids go? Also if my parents are Select level and if we book them in a room with elite can they go then??

I believe (someone will correct me if I am wrong) all passengers in a given cabin as long as one is Elite can attend the Elite functions, so you would have to split up. I don't know about children, I have never seen any in there.

The sign is very clear: "For Elite Members". This is an honour system. If everyone is following the rules, there is no need to have enforcers. So are the dress rules, the liquor in baggage rules, the tipping rules, etc. In each voyage, Celebrity organizes receptions for Select Members and for Elite Members. Hopefully the right members go to the right reception.

If your parents are in a room with an Elite member they can attend both the Coffee-house Breakfast and the Elite Social Hour as per Captain's Club

Elite Member Benefits

Our aim is to ensure that each and every cruise experience offers you all the recognition and rewards you so richly deserve. That means unprecedented levels of service, access and perks. Celebrity is pleased to offer the Captains Club Coffee Break experience and Cocktail Hour exclusively for Elite/Elite Plus members and their stateroom/suite companions. The casual coffee house style experience available most mornings offers complimentary espresso, teas and other menu items. The cocktail hour available most evenings offers a wide selection of beverages and the ability to enjoy socializing with fellow Elite/Elite Plus members and relaxing with a complimentary drink before dinner.

Have they returned to the mini buffet or still bringing out tiered trays w/assorted items?

Just off Silly and they have a menu you select 5 or 6 different plate choices to choose from. Went only 1 time as it took long to get your selection even though there were only 4 people in there. The reason for the long wait was that they make each plate fresh. If had a choice, would rather go back to old system of serve yourself.

Are you saying you plan to manipulate your bookings, listing an Elite member of a couple in each of two rooms with a non Elite (but planning to switch on board so the Elite couple is together and the non Elite couple is together) just to beat the system? You may be able to get away with it, but honestly, it seems pretty low, a totally different situation than a single Elite with another non Elite cruiser actually traveling in the same cabin. Elite cruisers have spent a lot of time and money to get those perks, you would be trivializing it to try and sneak your parents in. And no, I'm not Elite myself and I don't expect the perks until I get there. If the above is not what you are planning, I do apologize.

Edited by cynbar

Ok but then what about doing that to get (as an example on Rcl) diamond balcony discount when booking two adjacent rooms?

I typically book two connecting rooms, one for my family and another for my parents (who also qualify for the AARP discounts if applicable). it was a Rccl rep who said that way we can get both discounts. Is this wrong to maximize the savings?

As for the elite status breakfast...it's just breakfast with the family I hardly see (ie. Grandparents and grandkids don't live in the same province )..is that so wrong? We don't drink so wont be taking alcohol away from "true" elites... And yes there are other meals in the day they can see each other but like i said before I'm not partaking in the free booze...just a nice breakfast with family.

So judge all you want...

Edited by xcell

Well, if you would like an adult beverage such as a Mimosa or

Bloody Mary? It is included, along with cappuchinos, lattes, etc...

specialty coffees that are extra $ in other venues...no extra charge

at the Elite Breakfast.

Is fresh squeezed orange juice included as well?