Does Princess serve chicken tenders?

1153rsmith

I cannot say I ever looked for those on a cruise, if so they are more likely to be a buffet or kid menu item they stock, maybe someone with kids might know here. Also it never hurts to ask the wait staff, who can be quite anxious to bring you what you wish, though it may be real chicken pieces fried if it is not on a menu somewhere aboard ship.

Good luck with your search!

Grilled chicken breast is available at the Grill. A lunch option is to make your salad in the buffet and bring it outside to the grill area where you can add the chicken. I've done this. It's a little effort, but it does work out and it's nice to eat lunch outside.

I have read lots about burgers, dogs, and pizza, but haven't seen anyone mention chicken tenders. Do any of the lunch venues on the Island Princess serve fried chicken tenders?

I've heard of lifeboat tenders, but never chicken tenders:D What are they?

For our non-US cruisers, chicken tenders are most often strips of chicken breast which are breaded and fried. They are usually a frozen food product. Often served with ranch or honey mustard salad dressing, or ketchup.

I've seen them at the Trident Grill every day for lunch. I think they might also call them "Chicken Fingers"

You've seen FRIED chicken tenders/fingers at the grill? Where and when? In my gazillion Princess cruises, I have never seen anything other than a chicken breast at the grill and those are grilled. Pray tell.

You've seen FRIED chicken tenders/fingers at the grill? Where and when? In my gazillion Princess cruises, I have never seen anything other than a chicken breast at the grill and those are grilled. Pray tell.

Now Pia. You know it isn't really a gazillion cruises! You normally don't tell how many cruises you have or how many days at sea with Princess but you spilled the beans on yourself a few months ago so I know how many cruises you had at that time (and how many days at sea with Princess!) and you can't be up to quite a gazillion yet since then! :D

(Being a CC celebrity has it's downside in that you now have to deal with the paparazzi - or at least one nosy old fart...) :eek:

You are, of course, correct regarding the lack of fried chicken parts at the grill.

(There, I made it on topic...)

Now Pia. You know it isn't really a gazillion cruises! You normally don't tell how many cruises you have or how many days at sea with Princess but you spilled the beans on yourself a few months ago so I know how many cruises you had at that time (and how many days at sea with Princess!) and you can't be up to quite a gazillion yet since then! :D

(Being a CC celebrity has it's downside in that you now have to deal with the paparazzi - or at least one nosy old fart...) :eek:

You are, of course, correct regarding the lack of fried chicken parts at the grill.

(There, I made it on topic...)

Michael or Chris; don't know which one you are but assuming it's Michael. Now listen carefully. I am NOT going to tell you how many days until I reach 1000. Suffice to say, had we not had to cancel a few this year, you would already be hearing the number. LOL. My game. :D

For our non-US cruisers, chicken tenders are most often strips of chicken breast which are breaded and fried. They are usually a frozen food product. Often served with ranch or honey mustard salad dressing, or ketchup.

Per above is exactly what they are.

Just adding that they are like chicken nuggets except in strips.

Kids normally LOVE them. :)

LuLu

Thanks. If we don't see them, we will ask. We love to get a salad and add chicken tenders to them for a light lunch. So far, the best chicken tenders afloat have been on DCL. Hoping Princess has some too.

I would have to guess that on DCL they they would be voted one of the most popular menu items, along with cheese pizza , and pasta in "butter sauce", at least by those who are too young to order a Corona to wash them down! :D

Michael or Chris; don't know which one you are but assuming it's Michael. Now listen carefully. I am NOT going to tell you how many days until I reach 1000. Suffice to say, had we not had to cancel a few this year, you would already be hearing the number. LOL. My game. :D

Yes, dear.

It's not my fault you made the "front page" recently. I didn't tell anybody else what I read. Well... I did tell my wife but I tell her everything and it's not like she would ever participate in a forum. :rolleyes:

Pardon me while I clean the coffee off of my screen. I needed a good laugh this morning and you provided it. LOL
Well have another laugh then.:(I've never heard of that term either. It's obviously a regional term.

We call them chicken nuggets as another person has mention here

Edited by cdnguy

Well have another laugh then.:(I've never heard of that term either. It's obviously a regional term.

We call them chicken nuggets as another person has mention here

Nuggets are a "gob" and tenders are a strip or a flat piece. I find the nuggets I've been given to try that come from fast food places (McDonalds, Burger King, etc.) to be pretty much tasteless. They seem to be processed chicken that's been formed. I've had some "tenders" that tasted like - chicken.