Minor Changes to Suite Perks?

IECalCruiser

I had the pleasure of being on an aft suite on the Island....I am planning to write a review on it soon. I will say we did have an orchid plant...A purple Cymbidium...It had 5-6 blooms on it and was very pleasant to have around. There was a small vase of flowers in the bathroom. I picked up some lilies in the market and added them. They were aprox.$5.00 in Cannes...They perfumed the whole room for the rest of the cruise. The furniture on the deck was cast aluminum...deck lounger, table and chairs...I thought it was extremely comfortable. better than the teak...anyway...my imput....

Just off Caribbean Princess November 11th. Furniture on balcony, table with 2 chairs, 2 loungers. Sabatini's breakfast menu full menu, if you go there. Room service menu expanded to include omelet. The only cabins to have room service on last day when all others must go to HC. Flower arrangement not orchid. Fruit basket included apples,oranges, kiwi, pears, grapes and strawberrys. DVD player with extensive list. High tea in room. Afternoon appetizers. Mini-van setup very plush bathrobes slippers, personalized stationary, business card holders 2 silver ballpoint pens. Upgraded bathroom amenities. Jucizzy bathtub separate shower toilet and sink in separate room. Modified walk-in closet 2 TV'S cabin steward can bring dinning room menus the day before. Hide-a- bed in living room drapes to close off bedroom. This was in penthouse suite. 7 night cruise could change on shorter cruise.

Which manufacturer? Current model year or older? I'm letting the wife know that we need to book suites from now on.....:D

Edited by ar1950

PH suite on the Star in January, and the same cabin number on the Grand in October. Had orchids in both cases. We found the service in Sabitini's for breakfast to be better on the Star than the Grand.

In addition to the canapés, we received 6 chocolates on a doily each night on the Grand (but had to ask the Purser's desk for them) but not on the Star. They were mixed dark and milk chocolates and not the two that were left on our bed pillows.

There are links to pictures in my signature.

PH suite on the Star in January, and the same cabin number on the Grand in October. Had orchids in both cases. We found the service in Sabitini's for breakfast to be better on the Star than the Grand.

In addition to the canapés, we received 6 chocolates on a doily each night on the Grand (but had to ask the Purser's desk for them) but not on the Star. They were mixed dark and milk chocolates and not the two that were left on our bed pillows.

There are links to pictures in my signature.

Orchid as well for our PH suite on the CB this past September.....

Bob

As long as on the subject, wish Vista Suites had the shelves on the wall next to sink and or a shelf under sink like interior to minis, PH & OS have, (prefer not being next to vent).

For at least the last two years we have had orchids in suite and on long cruises I don't have to add water. In Feb. missed chocolate covered strawberries from appetizer menu.

I have found the suite bath ammenities are missing and have to ask for some items, some I get some I don't.

Wish loungers layed down all the way like other cruise lines have on suite balconies and easier to move, on Ruby our loungers didn't even recline.

Do the GS suites still have all the nice arrangements? Loved coming into the room and seeing the large bouquets everywhere.

Can anyone comment on if suite breakfast in "Share" now?

Agree, stationary could go. i love having slippers.

Anyone on Crown recently in Full Suite? Hope they don't take Thermal Suite away.

Ahhh, It's still the "suite life".

Sandipalms

Earlier this month........We had the orchid as well. We were told no more flower arrangements. (CHEAP!)

In August onboard the Golden we got a flower arrangement after having orchids on the two previous cruises.:confused:

Mike:)

A few cruises ago I started buying a flower arrangement to be in the room when we get there. Wife loves it. No need to get the suite any cabin can get flowers for around $50.00

If they want to offer 1st class service for suites they need to step up to the pump and WOW their clients not go cheap.

framer

We were underwhelmed by our suite perks Liked the suite itself and breakfast in Sabatini's, but the rest was just ok We really didn't feel like the big bucks we spent added lots that was special

We definitely would have liked more attention and a quicker fix when we had a problem

Just off Caribbean Princess November 11th. Furniture on balcony, table with 2 chairs, 2 loungers. Sabatini's breakfast menu full menu, if you go there. Room service menu expanded to include omelet. The only cabins to have room service on last day when all others must go to HC. Flower arrangement not orchid. Fruit basket included apples,oranges, kiwi, pears, grapes and strawberrys. DVD player with extensive list. High tea in room. Afternoon appetizers. Mini-van setup very plush bathrobes slippers, personalized stationary, business card holders 2 silver ballpoint pens. Upgraded bathroom amenities. Jucizzy bathtub separate shower toilet and sink in separate room. Modified walk-in closet 2 TV'S cabin steward can bring dinning room menus the day before. Hide-a- bed in living room drapes to close off bedroom. This was in penthouse suite. 7 night cruise could change on shorter cruise.

MANY THANK! Are you allowed to keep the silver ballpoint pens-newbie cruiser here? The fruit basket sounds lovely-a chance to try a kiwifruit. I'm sailing on the Golden Princess, 3 nights Sydney-Melbourne, Australia embarking November 11, 2016. Have noted to bring my camera and take copious photos, and make loads of notes to write my review. I'm in the Handicapped Accessible Window Suite, so no balcony furniture or Jacuzzi tub for me, but Priority Embarkation, Sabatini's for breakfast, Room Service, DVD player, Afternoon tea in suite and Appetizers sound really nice. A friend is sailing in an Inside Stateroom, so have told him I'll extend an invitation to him to come and enjoy my Window views-he went green with envy, he could only get an Inside Stateroom, he booked so late.

Yes the pens are yours to keep; but alas they are not silver.

Mike:)

THANK YOU! Everyone's been very patient with my dumb questions, I've learnt such heaps, and my friend who's still working and doesn't have the time to do much research, now just asks me a question and I do his research for him-retired on medical grounds so plenty of time to do it. He did take over buying the power strip and extension cord for me-NO Surge Protect which was a great help.

Adaptor plugs are on sale at the local branch of the State Motoring Organisation-sale goes until Mid-February, so can organise this after I pay for flight and hotel accommodation in January, have money over what it's costed at, even allowing for inflation-still haven't been able to get the November 2016 flights and hotel prices. Allowing a 10% increase, but not sure about the Melbourne hotel. I stay at the other when I need to go to Adelaide, so well aware of the price, and by staying multiple days, do get a discount. I'm also going to reserve my choice of Canapes for the 1st Night, aware that I do get Chef's Choice on the 1st night as well, and have invited my friend to bring his Cocktail and join me in the Window Suite-he's accepted with delight.

I agree with ginabab who wrote, "We definitely would have liked more attention and a quicker fix when we had a problem."

My DH and I are elite and most of the time, we stay in suites when we cruise. We took 2 cruises in suites last year.

On the first cruise, we had "Not-My-Job" Vitor as our steward. Upon arrival, we asked for a top sheet. He told us that Princess did not provide top sheets because it caused too much work for the stewards. I told him I knew differently, and perhaps we could talk with his supervisor/manager or the Hotel Manager. He then said he was only joking. Right. When the light bulb on the lamp beside the bed went out, I asked him if her could get it replaced. He replied, "Not My Job; call maintenance." When the shower backed up and would not drain, I asked Vitor if he could get someone to fit it. Again, he replied, "Not My Job; call maintenance."

On the second cruise, we had "All in good time, madam, all in good time" Marco as our steward. When he greeted us upon our arrival, he said, "I will tell you what I can do for you, then you can tell me if you have any special request." OK, I thought, a different approach, but one I can handle. Then he proceeded to NOT telling me what he could do, but telling me he was on the floor only until 12:30 and after that we were to call housekeeping if we needed anything. He also said if we wanted the room to be cleaned, to put that card into the door slot. However, putting the "please clean room" card into the door never, ever worked. We were at the end of the line of the rooms Marco cleaned, and he never cleaned our room before noon. We would go out, put the card into the slot and return and hour or two later, and the room was never, ever cleaned before noon. On two occasions when I saw Marco in the hall around 10-11 am and asked him to make up our room, both times he replied, "All in good time, madam, all in good time." He also told us he needed to clean the rooms of those going ashore first because they would come back on the ship and would want to take naps. I guess he had his schedule, and he was not going to deviated one bit from it.

Both of these stewards left us with bitter feelings. We fondly remember our butler on Celebrity who always said, "Ill take care of it Madam, my pleasure!" Now, I'm not saying I need a butler, but it would be nice to have a go-to person to get things done -- someone with a "butler attitude."

Celebrity is currently offering many amenities to entice suite passengers. We are thinking it might be time for us to switch back to Celebrity. We enjoyed our one cruise on Celebrity, but liked Princess' suite amenities of free laundry, breakfast in Sabatini's, and the separate line at passenger services for suite/elite passengers. We also liked the entertainment better on Princess.

However, beginning in Jan 2016, Celebrity is offering free laundry to their Royal Suite & above passengers. With the replacement of Share for Sabatini's, we don't know if the breakfast suite perk will continue on Princess. On Celebrity, of course, suite passengers have their own restaurant to got to breakfast. It seems Princess is going towards more passenger-participation entertainment, so we don't know if we will continue to like entertainment better then Celebrity's. Just saying.

Well, thanks for reading my rambling.

MANY THANK! Are you allowed to keep the silver ballpoint pens-newbie cruiser here? The fruit basket sounds lovely-a chance to try a kiwifruit. I'm sailing on the Golden Princess, 3 nights Sydney-Melbourne, Australia embarking November 11, 2016. Have noted to bring my camera and take copious photos, and make loads of notes to write my review. I'm in the Handicapped Accessible Window Suite, so no balcony furniture or Jacuzzi tub for me, but Priority Embarkation, Sabatini's for breakfast, Room Service, DVD player, Afternoon tea in suite and Appetizers sound really nice. A friend is sailing in an Inside Stateroom, so have told him I'll extend an invitation to him to come and enjoy my Window views-he went green with envy, he could only get an Inside Stateroom, he booked so late.

Window suites do have a jacuzzi tub and separate shower. Enjoy.

We had "anything you need, please" Relando on our Mexican Riviera cruise on the grand this past week. Our stay in a window suite was made very special because of him. They need to promote his type to the suite areas. Thank you so much Relando.