Will you ever be Zenith ?

maggie.1008

Yes, definitely...put us down for those. Those Florida people have it made!

Put me down for those too. :D

I am looking at Princess Itineraries now only because of the lack Celebrity ships that leaves from Seattle (apart from Alaska)

I enjoyed a Pacific Coastal from Seattle on the Solstice a few years back. What a joy to return right away to your hometown port!:o

Celebrity.. If you monitoring the CC boards PLEASE bring more ships to Seattle. PLEASE!!!;)

I agree -- E+ is a ways off for us too. And, frankly I don't see that much to get excited about there. We're also D+ on RC, and in the same situation there -- Pinnacle is just too far away. Between the structure of those two loyalty programs and the dearth of ships on the West Coast -- it's like RCCL is just begging us to try Princess or HAL! :rolleyes:

I have already tried Princess BECUASE of Celebrities lack of representation on the West Coast.

Edited by MoyCoy

Currently 48 yo and E+. The new system has actually made me start looking at other cruise lines as I know I can never reach Zenith. I no longer strive to reach the next level. I will still use Celebrity or Azamara through preference, but will look at others now if itineraries don't take my fancy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Currently 48 yo and E+. The new system has actually made me start looking at other cruise lines as I know I can never reach Zenith. I no longer strive to reach the next level. I will still use Celebrity or Azamara through preference, but will look at others now if itineraries don't take my fancy.

Strange since Celebrity never had an Elite plus or Zenith previously. Even stranger that you imply that you never previously looked at other cruise lines when the Celebrity itineraries did not meet your fancy.

Celebrity continues to be my favorite cruise line, but I have always looked at all the options. My first two Princess cruises were in the South Pacific because Celebrity does not cruise from Tahiti. (Five cruises total in that area now)

Although we are Elite+ and the benefits are much appreciated I will never receive the Zenith level. I could not care less and I am very happy for those that have reached that level. I suspect that it will be very rare for cruisers starting today to reach the Zenith level.

We will be Zen (half way to Zenith) after our TA this coming October. Since I am 66 and my husband is 78, I don't think we will ever make Zenith. We always book AQ or CC (well when they started having AQ and CC). Before that we always booked an outside (remember that Horizon and Zenith ships did not have balconies).

We go way back to the Meridian and had to pay to become Captain's Club. Over the last 15 years we've been booking 10+ cruise days.

We are very happy with Elite+, but don't see another tier between E+ and Zenith ever happening.

I love this! We are ZEN also. I now feel special! We also cruised Horizon and Zenith way, way back and paid $ to join The Club. It has been a fun ride. I do not really care about reaching Zenith. I would

However enjoy my own Zen Club!

But check....if you are the highest level on RCI, you can't combine points for RCI and "X", but either line will recognize the highest level you are of the other.

That's not true. If you are the highest level with RCI, you'll only be recognized as Elite on Celebrity and if you are the highest on Celebrity, you'll only be recognized as Diamond on RCI.

But check....if you are the highest level on RCI, you can't combine points for RCI and "X", but either line will recognize the highest level you are of the other.

For reciprocal recognition, this is not true under the current conditions of the programs. If you are Zenith on Celebrity, you are recognized as Diamond on RCI, unless you have actually sailed enough on RCI to earn a higher status.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

Not exactly. They only have reciprocity to the Diamond-Elite Level. They do not recognize the higher levels with reciprocity. Example: A Zenith on Celebrity is still only a Diamond on Royal. A Pinnacle on Royal is only an Elite on Celebrity.

We are Elite+. Just sailed on the Infinity doing a British Isles cruise. Our travel partners who are elite received a rose in their cabin from the Captains club. We did not receive this. When I inquired, I was told Elite+ do not get this anymore.

A $1.50 rose is too much to reward frequent cruisers. Pretty stupid sense to me.

We are Elite+. Just sailed on the Infinity doing a British Isles cruise. Our travel partners who are elite received a rose in their cabin from the Captains club. We did not receive this. When I inquired, I was told Elite+ do not get this anymore.

A $1.50 rose is too much to reward frequent cruisers. Pretty stupid sense to me.

I thought Elite+ got all the benefits of Elites plus the extras.

We are also Elite+ and on a recent Constellation cruise did indeed receive the rose from the Captain's Club hostess. Wonder if a staff person was confused on the Infinity.

I would have been half way there with the new point system that rewards solo travelers with double points. As it is I'm E+.

Unless Celebrity drastically improves the food, and given the new higher fares, I will never be Zenith.

A suite on 2015 European cruises are now approaching $1000 per night when you factor in taxes and gratuities. For that kind of $ I can sail on Seabourn, Oceania or Silver Seas, all of which have better food and better itineraries visiting smaller ports.

I've got six cruises booked for 2015, none of which are on Celebrity.

I would have been half way there with the new point system that rewards solo travelers with double points. As it is I'm E+.

Unless Celebrity drastically improves the food, and given the new higher fares, I will never be Zenith.

A suite on 2015 European cruises are now approaching $1000 per night when you factor in taxes and gratuities. For that kind of $ I can sail on Seabourn, Oceania or Silver Seas, all of which have better food and better itineraries visiting smaller ports.

I've got six cruises booked for 2015, none of which are on Celebrity.

Hi Kevin.....If I was to double all the points I have up till now?

I would be about to 2500 points (at this point)...

I can't afford any of the luxury lines you mentioned. I am Elite + too

and will end up staying that way for years and years and years.

And actually, I have 1 cruise booked for November and nothing booked

for next year:eek:

I have a feeling no matter what celebrity calls another level people will call it Zen. It is perfect.

I have a secret hope when the new suite resturant comes on board it will be better than specialty ones. I also hope they take the opportunity to give Blu menu a facelift and retrain...even some of the dishes were very salty, a little odd for a clean menu.

I am amazed that a Captain Club rep would give you such incorrect information. (Assuming it is incorrect). Are you saying that you did not receive any flowers from the Captain Club or did you receive a flower arrangement instead?

We also see it this way. We are Elite + and we do not find that what Celebrity offers will make us book only with them to become Zenith. We book because of the Itinerary and as long Celebrity or Azamara have good offers on itineraries we are interested, we will book with them. Otherwise with other cruiselines, which by the way, also have rewards for frequent travellers and those are not as difficult to achieve as a Zenith status.

I have a feeling no matter what celebrity calls another level people will call it Zen. It is perfect.

And Zen Plus will be pluperfect. ("adj. More than perfect; supremely accomplished; ideal: ")

And Zen Plus will be pluperfect. ("adj. More than perfect; supremely accomplished; ideal: ")

Clever! Add a zen and a zen plus. Pluperfect. That is worth at least one more long thread and what would be offered. Zen half of a zenith and zen plus three quarters? They could be unofficial designations until celebrity bends to the will of a few CC members.;)

Jagoffee: We were in a concierge room. There are no more flowers in the room and no we did not receive any flower from the Captains club. Our friends who are elite and in a balcony room did receive it. We had the same cabin attendant who told us that elite+ is no longer entitled to receive a Captain's club flower. How cheap can they get? This was our 41st Celebrity cruise and our fifth time on the Infinity. We have 1 more Celrbrity cruise booked and then goodbye.

Jagoffee: We were in a concierge room. There are no more flowers in the room and no we did not receive any flower from the Captains club. Our friends who are elite and in a balcony room did receive it. We had the same cabin attendant who told us that elite+ is no longer entitled to receive a Captain's club flower. How cheap can they get? This was our 41st Celebrity cruise and our fifth time on the Infinity. We have 1 more Celrbrity cruise booked and then goodbye.

I believe your cabin attendant was misinformed or just didn't know and chose to give the wrong answer. It happens, you know.

I certainly wouldn't jump ship because the Captain's Club forgot to send me a rose, but to each his own, I guess.

Now what are the real reasons that you are leaving Celebrity? Certainly not a rose or a few flowers. Cabin Attendants are sometimes known to give wrong or misleading information simply because they don't want to do something. We once asked for grapes rather than a fruit bowl assortment and were told that they were not available on the ship. I told the Attendant that I would call the Hotel Director and ask about the grapes. The Attendant said that there is no need to do that as he would try to find them. The appeared shortly after. Most of the Attendants are fantastic and will go the extra mile to please. Someone is last in the class and I found them on that cruise.