Will you ever be Zenith ?

maggie.1008

We are Elite + but guessing that will be the peak of our achievement with Celebrity.

Why? We book balconies, CC and AQ if priced right, but would never consider a suite again (have done SS and RS) as just way too much $$ for the return (we would prefer to travel more, although since we are gone 5-6 months a year now so not much extra time). Plus, we enjoy traveling on other lines (which has gotten us to Elite on Princess, Diamond on RCCL and Platinum on NCL) and do like to do lots of other types of travel. Not saying cruising is getting old, just maybe a little stale around the edges :) after 600 days on ships.

We have done seven X cruises in the past four years and have about 400 points. It is unlikely that we will ever do a suite.

Also, I fear that we will run out of cruises. I don't see doing the same cruise again and again.

I can see us planning a land trip to Europe and booking a transatlantic one-way. We can do that many times.

I'm never likely to reach Zenith as I started cruising too late. It would be nice if there were a tier between Elite+ and Zenith--that might be possible for me and would give me something to shoot for.

I like cruising on Celebrity, but I'm running out of fresh itineraries. I also enjoy land trips.

The one thing I don't understand--why don't I get two sets of coupons when I've paid the same price as two people occupying the same cabin and they do get two sets of coupons. Seems to me that Celebrity is halfway there by giving us solo cruisers double points, but they didn't quite go the distance.

I agree with others that there needs to be a tier between Elite+ and Zenith. this would give us something to work toward. At the moment we have no incentive to be loyal to Celebrity and we, too, are looking at river cruises.

The difference in perks between Select and Elite for just 150 more points is quite great, but the difference in perks between Elite and Elite + for 450 more points is next to nothing. However, we do like the capuccinos and the extra Internet but those two perks do not mean a lot to people who have the beverage package and who cruise to get away from the Internet and business.

I was going to post this in my first comment on this thread but decided not to in case it slanted the thread away from the direction the OP wanted it to go. However, it has already started. Sorry, if we have done this OP.

DH and I are in our 70's and we would have to be much younger to ever achieve this level.

At the time of conversion, we became elite+ and there we will stay forevermore! I love those cappuccinos in the Bacio!

On winter Caribbean cruises, we have met pax, mostly retired educators, who sail back to back to back and maybe one more back in the winter. I think these multiple back to backers are zenith or close to it.

At our age, we have our bucket list (or at least I have!!!!) and cruising is not on it. My list is very realistic and doable. We just have to stay healthy.

Next year, hopefully, we will park ourselves in Provence for 2-3 weeks and take day trips. I have been wanting to do this since the last time, which was probably 10 years ago or so, but each year, something else gets in the way! (This year it was the Baltic cruise)

When we cruise, we like to take a 14 day one if possible and usually opt for an inside cabin.

I totally agree that there should be a level between Elite Plus & Zenith , it is almost impossible to reach Zenith unless we stay in the Penthouse about 10 times & that is not going to happen. The perks are great but too huge a difference between Elite Plus & Zenith

Hi Everyone,

We're pretty close to Zenith, and hope to be there soon. Not sure how long. It all depends on how many cruises we take for the rest of 2014 and 2015. As Mom is up in years, I always worry about the future, but I'm a worrier ! Thankfully, all is currently well. As long as she can do it ? We're going. We both love cruising, and we wouldn't consider other vacation options.

Add me to the list of those who hope for a new level between Elite Plus and Zenith. However, I feel it important to note that we are extremely pleased with the 2 new levels, and Celebrity has done a fantastic job with the updates. As I've said many times, the Zenith benefits are the gold standard of cruise loyalty programs.

Edited by Host Andy

The difference in perks between Select and Elite for just 150 more points is quite great, but the difference in perks between Elite and Elite + for 450 more points is next to nothing. However, we do like the capuccinos and the extra Internet but those two perks do not mean a lot to people who have the beverage package and who cruise to get away from the Internet and business.

Fully agree with this statement to the point that being at the Elite level as I am is where the perks are the most substantial and not a lot more comes along with Elite +.

For some it's probably an ego thing of achieving Elite +. The high end coffee's and a few extra minutes of internet is not why I travel or cruise.

With this being said I'm not really incented to get to the Elite + level. Elite is great as it is and for me quite nice and appreciated.

I know this means nothing in reality, but I had a conversations with someone in captains club and they told me they expected an additional tier between the two and possibly a little more to Elite Plus.

The question is timely as I am looking at our two weeks in December and wondering if I should move to princess for lower air, half the price and mini suite.

Our December cruise has 50 bonus points. If I don't make Zenith what is the real value of Elite Plus? Obviously, I have too much time on my hands today. :)

No, not even likely to make E+ for the combined reasons of too few cruise itineraries from the UK and poor additional perks, so happy to stay at E. Might yet make D+ on RCL, and am Platinum on NCL. After Eclipse in a month's time we are unlikely to sail Celebrity until late 2016 if then.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

If I take every cruise I currently have booked, I expect to become Zenith in April 2016. If Celebrity had converted previous cruises in suites with the extra points, I would be Zenith now. Time will tell.

Edited by jcpc

I'm trying to do the math in my head and I'm on the fence. I turn 30 this year and after the cruise in September I will be in Elite. I might have time on my hands, however a nice raise at work would help so I can start staying in suites.

Maybe, one day as we travel in suites and thus get extra points. Isn't it odd though that whiles suites are the fastest way (and for many of us the only way) to get to Z level, if you travel RS or above, getting to Z means little or nothing in terms of added perks. Not sure what the incentive is in this instance.

No, not ever!!!!!! We're taking our first cruise as E+ next month. When we return we'll have 820 points. I'm 6 years older than Bruin Steve, and my husband is 10, so we're in "the same boat" as Steve. If Celebrity does create a level betwenn E+ and Zenith, that might be doable to achieve. If not, we'll just have to be content with our 200 free internet minutes.

Zenith - nope not going to happen and don't give a hoot although Michaels sounds wonderful but then again I can buy my way in with an upper suite. There is too much of the world that X doesn't touch and while I love, love, love my time onboard - this is but one of many ways that we travel to see the world. Excited to become Elite after next booked cruise but not willing to limit myself. I just turned 57 and it is GO time in my life. Now is the time to go - 1 X cruise a year plus land travel and I'm scratching off the bucket list items. :D

You have to feed the addiction if you are a dedicated Celebrity cruiser: we might visit that plateau again in three or four years. We are as far away as most people from the nearest port and we don't mind cruising around in circles in a warm sea when the next Polar Vortex visits.

I posted this chart a little while ago:

AnalyzingCaptainsClubTiers.png