Just received email from Oceania regarding sale

Bruin Steve

Surmising from the Cruise Critic response, I would say that:

Wave 1 was sent to those passengers currently deposited on an upcoming Oceania Cruise.

Wave 2 was sent to those Passengers who had a booking within the last year.

Wave 3 has yet to be sent.

Wish that were true. We have already made final payment on two upcoming cruises (November and February) and did not receive any type of notification from Oceania.

I believe that a great many of the supposedly "missing" emails went directly to Travel Agents.

That may well be but if I receive sales promos directly all the time (as I do), I think I should have gotten this e mail directly as well.

No big deal, but....

I believe that a great many of the supposedly "missing" emails went directly to Travel Agents.

Not mine......he sent me the one sent to agents, but nothing sent to me via him. He is also one of O's big agents here in the UK.....

And I have had promo junk mails from both the US and the UK offices in the last 24 hours.....

Edited by LaCroisiereS'amuse

Well, we received TWO emails -- one for each of us. Yesterday.

Sailed last November and May, and are booked (not not paid as yet) in April.

Not sure that means anything ...

And the emails came from O, not our TA.

Mura

Maybe they started at the bottom of the alphabet. We got our letter yesterday. We are going to take the wait and see attitude with our glass half full.

We had noticed on a B2B cruise last year that when the new staff came on board, it took them a couple of days to swing into the routine and then service improved again. This past January, the only restaurant on the Nautica that we had problems with the food was Toscana. I didn't eat my dinner one night and they wanted me to order something else, but I wasn't that hungry so did not bother.

Well, we received TWO emails -- one for each of us. Yesterday.

Sailed last November and May, and are booked (not not paid as yet) in April.

Not sure that means anything ...

And the emails came from O, not our TA.

Mura

Two for us, also. I wonder, how many of the folks who have not recieved an email have gone to the Oceania web site and specifically signed up to receive email? I believe they maintain two or more lists, one for advertising (with which you probably had nothing to do), and one for such notices, which you would specifically have had to request.

One way to do that is at the bottom of the home page, where it says "change my address/email".

Edited by hondorner

Wave 1 was sent to those passengers currently deposited on an upcoming Oceania Cruise.

I am Wave 1 and 2 and got no e-mail.

Got the news .... and just remembered one thing : we were docked in Kusadasi last June on Insignia and next to us was another ship : Norwegian Spirit. I remember we quickly went on our balcony and looked and listened to all the very untasteful circus they were making while getting off the boat -- very noisy and all and we thought : Thank God we don't travel on such a ship.....

Is this something we may now expect on Oceania? Sad!...

Got the news .... and just remembered one thing : we were docked in Kusadasi last June on Insignia and next to us was another ship : Norwegian Spirit. I remember we quickly went on our balcony and looked and listened to all the very untasteful circus they were making while getting off the boat -- very noisy and all and we thought : Thank God we don't travel on such a ship.....

Is this something we may now expect on Oceania? Sad!...

At Oceania's price point I don't think so.

Wish that were true. We have already made final payment on two upcoming cruises (November and February) and did not receive any type of notification from Oceania.

A sign of things to come ??????

We haven't received any emails and have just come off 49 days cruising with Oceania

Maybe it's alphabetical. We are "L" and we received it..

We're a W and received an email from both Oceania & Regent.

We haven't cruised Regent in 6 years but have been on 5 Oceania cruises in the last 10 months.

Hi Stan & Jim,

We fall under the first two waves and have not recieved an email from Oceania. I first read about it right here on Cruise Critic.

Just by chance, we just took a last minute cruise on NCL Getaway last week. I was pleasently surprised with many aspects of the ship and staff. It was our first on NCL and large ships and although it was a change from what we are use too we did enjoy it for the week.

Fran from Florida

Hi Stan & Jim,

We fall under the first two waves and have not recieved an email from Oceania. I first read about it right here on Cruise Critic.

Just by chance, we just took a last minute cruise on NCL Getaway last week. I was pleasently surprised with many aspects of the ship and staff. It was our first on NCL and large ships and although it was a change from what we are use too we did enjoy it for the week.

Fran from Florida

Hi Fran-

We have many, many friends who were so intimately involved and intrinsically effected by the buyout that I've basically given up trying to discern who learned what from who, and when they learned it.

What is done is done.

Regarding NCL, Stan works for an outfit which gives away their cruises as bonuses to the clerical staff when "they have all done very well",

and it is true when people say that there is no such thing as a bad cruise.