My favorite way to avoid angst over wrinkled clothing

Merion_Mom

My only concern is my suit(s) and dress shirts. I pack them worn and wrinkled and on the first nite, I get them dry cleaned and ready for the formal nites. The other leisure clothes basically are in good/decent shape and when I hang them up, most of the wrinkles are gone.

I always pack a small/travel size bottle of Downy Fabric Refresher and then hang the said wrinkled garment/shirt in the bathroom when I'm taking a hot shower to get ready for dinner.

By the time I'm out of the shower, not only am I clean & refreshed, but so are my clothes, and they are wrinkle-free!

Happy Sailing!

I roll everything except dressy clothes. For my formal/cocktail dresses and DH's dress pants, sport coat/jacket, khakis and dress shirts, those all go in dry cleaner bags and folded usually in thirds. Other than that, we just go with the flow and have never had really wrinkled clothes. Most wrinkles fall out when clothes are hung up anyway. I avoid linen and 100% cotton which tend to wrinkle easily.

Edited by BND

i had "i don't care" suite neighbors who were actually good friends......looked like he always slept in his tux.....:eek:

after 1st formal night even his wife mentioned his tux needed pressed but he would not pay since only 1st formal night free pressing is offered.....so he decided to hang his tux from the ceiling of his balcony....he figured the humidity and breeze would would get rid of the wrinkles....:rolleyes:

welllllllllll somewhere in the Carribean a size 42 tux is still in the "wash cycle"as it blew overboard......:D

after many laughs he got a rental tux for the 2nd formal night which he was not charged for do to his misfortune ~ he did tip the tailor heavily....:)

Edited by 2004corvette

What a fun thread!

We moved into our second home many years ago after our third child was born ... eight-and-a-half years later we moved out and I found my iron & ironing board ... I hadn't even known they were missing.

Two houses later ... at least I know where they are sitting and gathering dust!

Most of my clothing would have a heart attack if touched with an iron!!:eek:

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

LOL

My DW and I had been married or 7 or 8 years and one day she asked if I had seen the iron. Of course I had. I went out to the garage and over to my workbench where it had been stored since I have been using it for laminating edge banding to cabinet frames for the past 7 or 8 years.

i had "i don't care" suite neighbors who were actually good friends......looked like he always slept in his tux.....:eek:

after 1st formal night even his wife mentioned his tux needed pressed but he would not pay since only 1st formal night free pressing is offered.....so he decided to hang his tux from the ceiling of his balcony....he figured the humidity and breeze would would get rid of the wrinkles....:rolleyes:

welllllllllll somewhere in the Carribean a size 42 tux is still in the "wash cycle"as it blew overboard......:D

after many laughs he got a rental tux for the 2nd formal night which he was not charged for do to his misfortune ~ he did tip the tailor heavily....:)

Absolutely terrific story....life gives us the funniest laughs!

Most of my clothing would have a heart attack if touched with an iron!!:eek:

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

I have an iron, but I thought it was to be used to throw at a burglar, should a burglar break in. I would not want to damage a good frying pan.

I always pack a small/travel size bottle of Downy Fabric Refresher and then hang the said wrinkled garment/shirt in the bathroom when I'm taking a hot shower to get ready for dinner.

By the time I'm out of the shower, not only am I clean & refreshed, but so are my clothes, and they are wrinkle-free!

Happy Sailing!

As a UK resident I have often wondered whether there is a British version of Downy. I have never come across anything that seems to be similar. Any suggestions fellow countrymen/women?

As a UK resident I have often wondered whether there is a British version of Downy. I have never come across anything that seems to be similar. Any suggestions fellow countrymen/women?

Ask and you shall receive.:) Not a fellow countrywoman but we share the same town.;)

http://www.northerncheapskate.com/how-to-make-homemade-wrinkle-releaser/

Edited by iheartbda