Which "dam" ships have you been on?

Vict0riann

We have sailed, in order of sailings, the old Noordam, Statendam, Westerdam, Zuiderdam, Eurodam (twice), Prinsendam, Ryndam and Volendam. Next up is the Maasdam, and another on the Westerdam. I have to say that Eurodam is my favourite - we usually have a TA or a TP in there somewhere, so the ship occupies a lot of our time. Ryndam is runner-up.

Edited by Vict0riann

I've been on over 80 HAL cruises and on all the ships (multiple times for many) except for Prinsendam. :)

While there are none I don't like, my favorites are Maasdam and Noordam. I do have to add I was most surprised when we first sailed Eurodam strictly of curiosity that we really liked her far more than expected and sailed her 5 cruises,,,, so far. :)

Oh, yah....... I also sailed Noordam III which is no longer in the fleet.

Edited by sail7seas

We haven't been on any of them yet. We are looking forward to our first HAL cruise as soon as the Summer 2016 itineraries open up. I've been reading this board for quite awhile now so I know we will really enjoy it.

I'm sure you will!

I sailed aboard Oosterdam (twice), Zaandam, and Veendam. I don't have a favorite yet, but I enjoyed the longer cruises aboard the smaller ships. I will be boarding the Statendam soon for a 30-day trip to Hawaii and French Polynesia.

The HAL ships on which I have sailed with the dates they entered service in parantheses for those no longer in service: Rotterdam V(1959), Statendam(1957), Noordam(1984), Amsterdam, Volendam, Zaandam, Maasdam, Veendam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Eurodam, Zuiderdam, Noordam, Westerdam.

I have never had a bad "Dam" voyage.

My favorite of them all is Rotterdam V. She was called the "Grande Dame" and anyone who sailed aboard her knows exactly what that means. I had the joy of sailing on her 3 times: 1970--my first cruise (what a way to begin!), 1971, and 1996, shortly before she was retired from the HAL fleet.

The current Volendam is my next favorite. My retirement celebration cruise was aboard her. Followed by her maiden Asia Pacific voyage, then, in 2012, the Auckland-Sydney-Vancouver repositioning voyage. All were nothing short of being excellent!

Of the Vistas, the Noordam is my favorite, but after the absolutely magnificent 7 day cruise on the Westerdam last January, my January, 2015 cruise again on the Noordam will need to match my Westerdam experience or she is going to get replaced as a favorite.

Edited by rkacruiser

I've sailed on all the ships in the current HAL fleet, except for the Nieuw Amsterdam; that one is booked. Most of the ships have been my home away from home multiple times. :D

I've also sailed the 1957 Statendam and the 1959 Rotterdam---the last one multiple times, too.

Of the current fleet the Ryndam holds a special place in my heart. The ms Rotterdam did until the renovations of 2009. :mad:

Of all the ships I've sailed, the ss Rotterdam is still probably my favorite.

btw---for those making reference to the ships in their signature, know that not everyone sees your signature. Some of us have that, as well as avatars and/or images, turned off.

Veendam (x2), Ryndam, Zaandam, Volendam (x2), Zuiderdam (x3) upcoming the Westerdam. My favourite is the Volendam followed closely by the Zuideram (I like both equally really, but for different reasons). Least favourite the Zaandam, but mostly I think because I disliked the Captain at the time, and I think the crew did, too.;)

Amsterdam -our favorite. Just the right size!

Statendam - twice

Noordam - we really didn't care for her

Prinsendam

We have cruises booked on Zuiderdam & Rotterdam - looking forward to both

Want to try one of the larger, newer ships!

Favorite is usually the one I'm on at the time. I will say the R class is probably my favorites type of Hal ships.

This! Or the last one I sailed. Right now my new favorite is the Rotterdam because the cruise was as close to perfect as a cruise can be. The stars aligned and it was magic.