How crowded are R class ship laundry rooms?

edgee

We are taking our first R class cruise in a month. Found the laundry rooms on O class ships plentiful and convenient. Since R class ships have much fewer self service machines per passenger, wondering if the machines are so busy there are long waits and thus is it somewhat of a hassle to use them to the point it is worth it to send clothes to the ship laundry and have it done for you?

Pretty much depends on what is and is not working. Dottie on one cruise was in the laundry room joking and having a great time while ironing her dress for the night! We let her know about the dryers and she said it was already on the list to be fixed. So there a lady CD knows what is important!!

R ships have laundry rooms and that is better than some cruise lines. Other types of ships have many more laundry rooms but many more people so I guess it balances out. Patience and nose clips:eek:

I have seen horrible behavior and I have seen where the laundry room is a great social centre with wonderful people and conversation.

O posts no procedure so on some sailings you are expected to be on site to defend your position transferring from washer to dryer and on other sailings a civilized line up of bags will do. yyWv.

Send your clothes to the ship's laundry and do your delicates in the bathroom sink.

This s a good suggestion. Unless you've embarked following an extensive land trip, or like us with a land trip following the cruise so want to take opportunity of a sea day to prepare for the next leg, sending things out for cleaning is a good idea. Too bad O does not offer 'fill a bag' on a regular basis to save that hassle

This s a good suggestion. Unless you've embarked following an extensive land trip, or like us with a land trip following the cruise so want to take opportunity of a sea day to prepare for the next leg, sending things out for cleaning is a good idea. Too bad O does not offer 'fill a bag' on a regular basis to save that hassle

They do (sometimes) offer and deal - $20 for 20 pieces of laundry. No telling when this is available but it is a good deal when it is offered.

They do (sometimes) offer and deal - $20 for 20 pieces of laundry. No telling when this is available but it is a good deal when it is offered.

Yes, I've heard of this, thank-you for confirming. We've not had the pleasure on any of our sailings or would have definitely taken advantage. All we've seen offered is next day at no additional charge which is helpful if short on packing or dribbled a little lobster bisque on one's last shirt

I believe there is a laundary room on each deck. I went once and it was empty, saved taking home a pile of dirty clothes and was no hassle

No. One laundry room for the entire ship on smaller Oceania ships known as R class.

Am I correct that there is only one laundry room on each of the three R ships?

Yes, on the R Class the Laundrette is just forward of the aft elevator lobby on Deck 7 (look for the hanger symbol on the Deck Plan).

deck07.png

The larger ships, Marina and Riviera, have a self service laundry facility on every passenger cabin deck, with the exception of Deck 12.

b_113136.jpg

I like to do my wash in cold water ...the ship's laundry does not

Why worry about it not your time or money

Sad to say, I'd think long and hard about washing in cold water in a communal machine, these days :cool:

Better flabby elastic than God knows what! :eek:

Offered on longer cruises only

I think more than 14 days

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have never understood this either.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Even if I send the bulk of my laundry out I have items that require special handling and I don't trust the ship' s laundry will pay attention to a whole lot of special instructions. I prefer to launder those items myself rather than risk having them ruined.

Hope you understand now

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Last time Paul..got 3 wrong socks and 2 pair of wrong panties last time I sent mine out and never got mine back....I decided to stick to machines..BTW I always take bounce and a mesh bag..Mesh bag is for socks none of Stus socks ever disappear when I do them!!

Jancruz1

I have never understood this either.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Perhaps some of us can take "luxury cruises" because we pay attention to details that allow us to afford a more upscale experience. We do our own laundry saving the cost of extra luggage, owning more clothes than we need, paying per piece which for 2 people adds up, just like to get it over with and once everything clean I go for the next week, I hate having "laundry" hanging all over my luxury inside or ocean-view room :p, and oh so many more reasons. Thrifty in many ways equal more cruises and more happiness.

Just as I can not understand why anyone would pay hundreds of dollars for a few sips of wine, it isn't my money or my concern how others choose to spend their hard earned money . And I don't look down on those who make different choices. Please don't judge me on vastly preferring ships that have convenient and accessible laundry facilities.

Want to start a riot? Take out one of the drinking areas or upcharge restaurants that make ordinary folks feel superior and convert it into an upscale Laundromat! :D CHEERS