Seriously???? internet minutes are a joke

LdyDDS

The reinstated internet minutes are about 1/3 of the minutes I was due the day I booked the cruise I'm taking next March. I believe that Azamara should recognize the perks available on the day the cruise was booked. I booked the cruise and agreed to the price based on the perks available such as the number of internet minutes. The few minutes given back at this point are really unacceptable. This is like a slap in the face and being told to shut up.

About 1/3

Not necessarily. It all depends upon your level. If you are at Discoverer Platinum, it's nearly 2/3 of what it was before. At Discoverer Plus, it's about 1/2 of what was offered previously. With all due respect, I thought that Azamara's Internet minutes offered was very generous. Too generous if you ask me.

I realize that some will be displeased with the new Internet minute structure, especially at the lower tier levels. However, I feel there's other benefits which more than make up for this shortfall. The booking onboard savings is a huge plus.

FWIW, over the past 2 weeks... all I've hoped for, is a compromise that most would be pleased with. IMO, Azamara has offered exactly that. At this point, I think it would be nice if we let it go, and move forward.

Edited by Host Andy

Not necessarily. It all depends upon your level. If you are at Discoverer Platinum, it's nearly 2/3 of what it was before. At Discoverer Plus, it's about 1/2 of what was offered previously. With all due respect, I thought that Azamara's Internet minutes offered was very generous. Too generous if you ask me.

I realize that some will be displeased with the new Internet minute structure, especially at the lower tier levels. However, I feel there's other benefits which more than make up for this shortfall. The booking onboard savings is a huge plus.

FWIW, over the past 2 weeks... all I've hoped for, is a compromise that most would be pleased with. IMO, Azamara has offered exactly that. At this point, I think it would be nice if we let it go, and move forward.

Well said Andy.

Would I prefer to have kept my 235 free Internet minutes? Yes of course. But considering a couple of days ago I was faced with having none and now I have 120 makes me very pleased.:D

This community asked Azamara to reconsider the LCV programme, they did so and IMO we should thank them and be grateful.

With all that is going on in the world how fortunate are we to be planning future cruises whoever we choose to sail with. I am going to try to stop being so indulgent and start counting my blessings.

Well said Andy.

Would I prefer to have kept my 235 free Internet minutes? Yes of course. But considering a couple of days ago I was faced with having none and now I have 120 makes me very pleased.:D

This community asked Azamara to reconsider the LCV programme, they did so and IMO we should thank them and be grateful.

With all that is going on in the world how fortunate are we to be planning future cruises whoever we choose to sail with. I am going to try to stop being so indulgent and start counting my blessings.

Well said Hazel and Andy. They did listen to us and while you know how much I value my free Internet minutes, and in an ideal world would have liked 235 free, I will be happy to top up my lower allocation with a discounted package now.

And I think the double points for solo travellers are great. How many cruise lines not only offer 25% single supplements but also double loyalty points?

I agree with Host Andy.....time for us to thank Azamara for their wise reconsideration n their LCV loyalty programme and move on.

I am really looking forward to our Journey cruise in a few weeks! :)

Thank you Azamara for listening and reinstating the free internet minutes. I don't bother much with the internet when on holiday, too busy doing other things but I do like to check in on line for my homeward flight where possible, thus saving time and hassle at the airport. Therefore I am happy with the reduced levels.

I've been sailing with you since the beginning (2007). I worked my way up to 235 internet minutes and now I get 90????? I do not use these minutes frivolously. I pay bills and make sure all is well at home. Will I have to stop sailing so I can pay my bills on time! If you told me that you used some of these cutbacks to upgrade your satellite I might think differently. It takes longer to connect! On my last cruise the gentleman in the internet cafe had to print all of our boarding passes because the computers in the cafe wouldn't connect. Do you have a separate satellite for the passengers???

Well said Hazel and Andy. They did listen to us and while you know how much I value my free Internet minutes, and in an ideal world would have liked 235 free, I will be happy to top up my lower allocation with a discounted package now.

And I think the double points for solo travellers are great. How many cruise lines not only offer 25% single supplements but also double loyalty points?

I agree with Host Andy.....time for us to thank Azamara for their wise reconsideration n their LCV loyalty programme and move on.

I am really looking forward to our Journey cruise in a few weeks! :)

I don't see any option to purchase additional minutes at a discount.

I've been sailing with you since the beginning (2007). I worked my way up to 235 internet minutes and now I get 90????? I do not use these minutes frivolously. I pay bills and make sure all is well at home. Will I have to stop sailing so I can pay my bills on time! If you told me that you used some of these cutbacks to upgrade your satellite I might think differently. It takes longer to connect! On my last cruise the gentleman in the internet cafe had to print all of our boarding passes because the computers in the cafe wouldn't connect. Do you have a separate satellite for the passengers???

You have to cancel your cruise because you can't afford $50 or so for internet?!?!?!

It looks to me that the free minutes roughly equate to the discount that would have been given off of the package and so replaces the discount. Personally quite happy with that as at Discoverer level it's equal to the amount you get as Elite, OK it's less as you climb the slippery pole but still sufficient for our needs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you Azamara for listening and reinstating the free internet minutes. I don't bother much with the internet when on holiday, too busy doing other things but I do like to check in on line for my homeward flight where possible, thus saving time and hassle at the airport. Therefore I am happy with the reduced levels.

I agree with your comments. Also , the majority of cruisers are travelling with someone else, a family member, who also is likely to have internet minutes. If you each have 120 minutes, that is 4 hours of internet time combined. That would probably satisfy the majority of passengers.

Perhaps I didn't phrase that correctly. What I meant was that I consider that $47.95 for an extra 85 mins on top of my free 90 mins is very reasonable in my opinion. Of course 235 free mins is better but it's not a dealbreaker. Sadly, even when on an Azamara cruise I do have to check in with work!

Like I have already said....I am now more than happy with the new LCV benefits package and I can't think of another cruise line that is being as generous.....but maybe someone else can? :D

I've been sailing with you since the beginning (2007). I worked my way up to 235 internet minutes and now I get 90????? I do not use these minutes frivolously. I pay bills and make sure all is well at home. Will I have to stop sailing so I can pay my bills on time! ?

Try auto bill pay.

I am sorry for those of you who do not have as much access to internet minutes as you had expected. It still puzzles me why people need to be on the internet so much while away from home. I can understand if there is an ailing family member or the like but tell me what is so important that you have to be tied to the computer. :confused:

We have been on more than 50 cruises, several of them lasting three weeks or more in the last 15 years or so and I have never used the internet while on vacation. :)

Happy cruising,

I am sorry for those of you who do not have as much access to internet minutes as you had expected. It still puzzles me why people need to be on the internet so much while away from home. I can understand if there is an ailing family member or the like but tell me what is so important that you have to be tied to the computer. :confused:

We have been on more than 50 cruises, several of them lasting three weeks or more in the last 15 years or so and I have never used the internet while on vacation. :)

Happy cruising,

For us it's having elderly family members and for DH to check his work emails (and not having to use data minutes on his phone). I'm very glad you don't have ( or want) to be in touch with home while you're on vacation but please don't disparage those of us who do.

The loyalty program benefits should be structured to appeal to a wide cross-section of customers. Those who use large amounts of internet minutes are atypical, so it makes sense that Azamara would trim the allowance back to cover say 85% and use the savings to enhance other aspects of the program.

Demanding 235 minutes is on the same scale as complaining that a basic liquor package doesn't include your favorite single malt scotch.

You cannot be serious!

They are giving you 90 minutes free Internet time to pay your bills. Unless you have hundreds of bills to pay during your cruise surely this is enough time. If it isn't you have the option of using free wi Fi in bars while ashore or purchasing a top up package.

I am grateful for the return of some free Internet. Obviously you are not.

It is obvious that some people will gripe about anything and never be happy. We complained and Azamara actually listened and made an incredibly generous compromise. I am very grateful for the benefits they returned and most of the extras they offered in addition. They have earned our continued loyalty.

My point was.....if Azamara wants to change the perks fine BUT they should honor the perks that were in place for each level on the day the cruise was booked since those perks were part of the reason the cruise was booked. Let's compare it to buying a car.....if you agreed to a certain price for certain amenities and paid for them ahead of time and the day the car was delivered it was missing something important to you like air conditioning wouldn't you be irritated if the dealer told you to just open the window and enjoy the ride?

My point was.....if Azamara wants to change the perks fine BUT they should honor the perks that were in place for each level on the day the cruise was booked since those perks were part of the reason the cruise was booked. Let's compare it to buying a car.....if you agreed to a certain price for certain amenities and paid for them ahead of time and the day the car was delivered it was missing something important to you like air conditioning wouldn't you be irritated if the dealer told you to just open the window and enjoy the ride?

I agree - the bigger issue is even with tons of free min, Azamara only has 2 very old ships that are getting older by the day...on our last cruise the dry docked refurb still showed a very shabby suite...with ripped curtains and stained rugs...Crew is great but it's time to invest in a new ship!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by deise17311

Someone mentioned why internet is so important, that they never use the internet...well, some of us are still employed, some are business owners or independent contractors who MUST stay connected. After taking 14 cruises with 6 different ships, the cruise on Azamara which we just completed had absolutely the WORST internet service of all!! It's painful enough having to use vacation time to do work, but when you sit, sit, sit, waiting for a connection, or have to reconnect and do all your work over, it's more than annoying!! We understand that the internet on board is not going to be what one has at home or the office, but it can be much improved! It is possible, other lines have done it! That was our biggest complaint, but even with the extra cost in minutes of waiting, and aggravation, we still will cruise Azamara again.