Half Moon Cay Season Opening And Changes

aliaschief

Thankyou for the link! We will be here twice on our B2B in March. We are lucky and that we will be there from 8-4pm on both times. We will be the only ship there! That will be nice. So do they do some sort of Bar B Q while we are there? I know drinks will be on our ship board credit, just asking with lunch.

Sailing Nieuw Amsterdam B2B western/eastern Caribbean Cruise 3/15/2015

Thankyou for the link! We will be here twice on our B2B in March. We are lucky and that we will be there from 8-4pm on both times. We will be the only ship there! That will be nice. So do they do some sort of Bar B Q while we are there? I know drinks will be on our ship board credit, just asking with lunch.

Sailing Nieuw Amsterdam B2B western/eastern Caribbean Cruise 3/15/2015

Yes there will be a BBQ lunch for you on HMC. Things like burgers, hot dogs, chicken, ribs, salads, fruit, desserts etc. They will provide water, ice tea and I think some sort of fruit punch for drinks. Or you can buy a drink from one of the bars.

We love HMC - we are doing it twice on our upcoming eastern/western on the Nieuw Amsterdam. Can't wait!

Yes there will be a BBQ lunch for you on HMC. Things like burgers, hot dogs, chicken, ribs, salads, fruit, desserts etc. They will provide water, ice tea and I think some sort of fruit punch for drinks. Or you can buy a drink from one of the bars.

We love HMC - we are doing it twice on our upcoming eastern/western on the Nieuw Amsterdam. Can't wait!

Much appreciate your reply Daisyloo😑

We will enjoy the relaxation and the beautiful Caribbean waters!

3 STAR MARINER becoming 4 next cruise

Sailing Nieuw Amsterdam B2B Western/Eastern Caribbean Cruise 3/15/2015

I know drinks will be on our ship board credit, just asking with lunch.

Although the drinks go on your onboard account, the bar charge is handwritten (but not totaled) and posted later once the bar staff returns to the ship.

Buyer beware: check your hand written bar receipt against the amount posted on your shipboard account. It may be different.

Last cruise I was charged two different amounts for the same cocktail in Capt. Morgan's Bar (the pirate ship). The first drink was written down as $6.75 + 15%, with no total amount. It was posted correctly onboard as $7.76. The next drink (same cocktail, different bar tender) was handwritten

as $6.75 + 15, with no total amount. But I was charged $6.75 + $1.50, and it was posted incorrectly onboard as $8.25.

Since HMC was the last stop before Ft. Lauderdale, I saw the discrepancy on my account the morning of disembarkation, but had no time to pull out receipts, figure out the math, and go to the front desk. Once home, I figured out what happened. Lesson learned: next time I'll ask the bartender to write the total amount on the receipt. :)

Edited by Boatdrill

Although the drinks go on your onboard account, the bar charge is handwritten (but not totaled) and posted later once the bar staff returns to the ship.

Buyer beware: check your hand written bar receipt against the amount posted on your shipboard account. It may be different.

Last cruise I was charged two different amounts for the same cocktail in Capt. Morgan's Bar (the pirate ship). The first drink was written down as $6.75 + 15%, with no total amount. It was posted correctly onboard as $7.76. The next drink (same cocktail, different bar tender) was handwritten

as $6.75 + 15, with no total amount. But I was charged $6.75 + $1.50, and it was posted incorrectly onboard as $8.25.

Since HMC was the last stop before Ft. Lauderdale, I saw the discrepancy on my account the morning of disembarkation, but had no time to pull out receipts, figure out the math, and go to the front desk. Once home, I figured out what happened. Lesson learned: next time I'll ask the bartender to write the total amount on the receipt. :)

Boatdrill😬

THANKYOU, THANKYOU!

This happened to us sooooo long ago on our very first cruise on the Ryndam.

We will take heed and be very aware of our charges. I so appreciate the heads up! I will also ask the bartender to write out the total on our receipt!

3STAR MARINER becoming 4 on next cruise

Sailing Nieuw Amsterdam western/eastern Caribbean Cruise 3/15/2015

You did notice, I'm sure, there are no registers, etc. at the bars. Everything is done by "hand." Unless you are the only one in the bar I cannot imagine any bartender having the time to calculate the 15% by hand and add it to the drink order for a total. I just don't see that happening ... not with my experience on HMC anyway. I'm sure a phone call to HAL after your cruise would have gotten your 49 cent overcharge refunded to you.

Edited by Linda&Vern

Thanks so much for the link. I have been on 3 HAL Caribbean cruises and due to weather conditions haven't got to see Half Moon Cay yet. This November we are doing a b2b, 2 chances to get there! Hope it works out.

You have had really bad luck! I'd go on one of the Caribbean cruises just to go back to HMC again....love it!

Thanks to the OP for the link and good luck to you in November!

If you like to snorkel, you can bring your own equipment (or rent it) and enjoy the snorkel area right off left side of the beach.

First Chief, Thank You for the link to the Blog.

Unfortunately though, the one thing I could possibly do on HMC is not talked about or shown......... "The Tram" I have to see a photo or even hear/read whether or not the Tram is 100% Handicapped equipped. By that I mean can those of us in Wheelchairs, scooters and other mobility devices board and use the Tram?

Is it lift equipped or do we have to store our devices somewhere and attempt to climb a step or 2?

I've been to HMC a few times, but only got off the ship twice because the Island is not HC friendly enough for those of us with Mobility problems. I would love to see the Island via the Tram, but I need answers and photos before I will go through the hassle of getting off the ship.

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

We'll try to get some photos of it for you. Your DH has my email address, so just send me an email of what you want to know and we will do our best to find out. I don't have anything planned for HMC, so this little scavenger hunt will be just the ticket! :)

Is this something that HALFacts.com would be interested in having??? ;)

Please consider sending the photos to that site so that all of us with an interest can know how accessible the trams are.