Does Carnival allow this?

Lars2014

Like another poster mentioned, that seems to be pool area decking...so therefore I wouldn't be surprised to see people in swimsuits getting in line for food after being in the pool. Saw it at Guy's all the time.

I guess I don't see what the big deal is considering it's near the pool area...it's like people standing in line to get food at a water park...they aren't going to be fully dressed usually. Eh, no biggie to me.

I was taught to wear a shirt at the table i would think it included the buffet also. But that's my opinion i guess.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

You are correct, it is your opinion. I have actually seen the same on many different cruiselines, so I guess it is not just Carnival that allows it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That looks like the section of the buffet that is outside by the pool. I saw this on our Fall Break cruise. It's not as bad as you think...

Yes that is right off the pool on the LIDO, it is fine just don't try to come through the doors to the inside buffet like that as you will be ask to leave & put on a cover up.

We see this all the time every cruise NO PROBLEM.

Char

I'm not a fan of men or boys going through any buffet line without a shirt on or women or girls going through in just a swimsuit, no coverup. To me, it's just very inappropriate. But people have gotten so casual that it seems many people think this is just fine. On the other hand, I don't know why people would want to eat stuff like burgers, fries, hotdogs and pizza when they are on a cruise ship with ALL the other foods available. To me, burgers, fries, hotdogs and pizza are not treats and not something I'd want to eat on vacation because they are just not special at all. If you can have it anytime at home, why have it on vacation? But obviously a lot of people want this as we see lots of them eating this on every cruise. To each their own. Shrug. I just stay away from the Lido deck buffet since they don't have any foods I would want anyway.

To answer your actual question, there *is* a dress code for the indoor portion of the buffet. I'm sorry to say, however, that I've never seen it enforced. People aren't supposed to be in the dining area of the buffet in their swimsuits or shirtless, but I've seen it more than once.

The outside burger line is a different story, of course.

To answer your actual question, there *is* a dress code for the indoor portion of the buffet. I'm sorry to say, however, that I've never seen it enforced. People aren't supposed to be in the dining area of the buffet in their swimsuits or shirtless, but I've seen it more than once.

The pic she posted is "outside". You can see the deck.

Taken on Carnival Magic, I can't imagine going through the buffet line with this guy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0KvgebIEAEaf9V.jpg

Yes they allow it! I saw it first hand on the Imagination, the guy wasn't wearing any shoes either. Totally uncouth! Nowadays you say anything to the person and your liable to get smacked in the head.

P.S. It wasn't outside by the pool either, it was inside the Lido buffet.

Edited by elliair

I have seen this rule enforced many time's, in fact this last week on the Sensation man was ask to put a cover-up on his daughter. She was maybe 4 or 5 at the most. I think it will depend on who is running the show at the time.

Char

Some people need to stop putting their thong underwear on backwards.

Since this is an outdoor area, I see no difference in this pic as I would see at any resort around the world at an outdoor beach/pool/water slide/flow ride dining area.

I'm not a fan of men or boys going through any buffet line without a shirt on or women or girls going through in just a swimsuit, no coverup. To me, it's just very inappropriate.

I agree. At least have the decency to put on a shirt/cover up. It's just common courtesy.