RCI Wouldn't Reprice !!!!

Ashland

Has anyone else had problems with RCI recently repricing to get the lower published rate :confused:

I never have until today...Booked directly 3 days ago and found RCI was offering a lower rate on my cruise for March 2015...no problem I'll just call the C&A D+ desk...problem...the rep I spoke said "no the rate was the same as I booked"...even though I disputed this with the new published rate on the RCI website right in front of me...said "her system disagreed..and nothing she could do".

So I hung up called back asked for a price on a new booking...bingo..the lower price...the rep pulled up my booking and was transfered to Resolutions..after a few minutes I had saved a total of $537.00.

Very disappointed with the C&A desk rep...it was just one of the regular reps..that was able to verify the lower pricing and had no problem transferring me to someone that could make the adjustment for me...

Has anyone else had problems with RCI recently repricing to get the lower published rate :confused:

I never have until today...Booked directly 3 days ago and found RCI was offering a lower rate on my cruise for March 2015...no problem I'll just call the C&A D+ desk...problem...the rep I spoke said "no the rate was the same as I booked"...even though I disputed this with the new published rate on the RCI website right in front of me...said "her system disagreed..and nothing she could do".

So I hung up called back asked for a price on a new booking...bingo..the lower price...the rep pulled up my booking and was transfered to Resolutions..after a few minutes I had saved a total of $537.00.

Very disappointed with the C&A desk rep...it was just one of the regular reps..that was able to verify the lower pricing and had no problem transferring me to someone that could make the adjustment for me...

You got the lower price, good. I'm not defending the computer system at RCI, we all know it is problematic. In this day and age, it pays to call ANY company back and speak to a different agent, whenever you doubt what the first agent tells you.

You got the lower price, good. I'm not defending the computer system at RCI, we all know it is problematic. In this day and age, it pays to call ANY company back and speak to a different agent, whenever you doubt what the first agent tells you.

Thanks...but the first rep should have offered to transfer me to resolutions immediately..after all I would have expected it from the C&A desk...she even said if she priced out a new booking right then it would give her the same price I was disputing...goes to show you she didn't even try.

I don't know,she very well may have been telling you the truth with the info she had or knew how to get.Either way you got the lower price.Not a very big deal really.It always pays to get a second opinion for anything.Glad you got it though.

Edited by rtazz17

We've had similar problems ever since the BOGO sale started. It seems that once a cruise is priced as part of a "sale", the rep on the phone either can't see, or more often can't change the booking without getting someone from resolutions involved. We experienced the identical issue you had on Friday - we could see the price drop on our March 2015 cruise, but the C&A rep could not. I don't know what she did but after a few minutes of walking her through what we were seeing she found the new price, but her system would not let her reprice it without someone from resolutions overriding her screen. We ultimately got the $272 price drop, but it is frustrating to have to go through the same dance over and over.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Had a similar situation. Found a sale with a $100 per cabin onboard credit, but the cabin would be priced $15 more. Don't know about you, but I would pay$15 to get $100!

First rep called resolutions, they couldn't see the price I was seeing(even though it was on their website) and said they couldn't do,anything. This took about 25 minutes. Called today and in 5 minutes had the onboard credit aded to the reservation, and we did not go thru resolutions.

You should not have to make numerous phone calls to get things done correctly

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I just had to recently cancl and rebook as RCI said they couldn't do a price adjustment any other way. As a result, I had to rebook all of my dining and excursions, and ended up paying more for our drink packages as we purchased them before the removal of the included service fee. Their loss as I opted against rebooking some of the excursions and decided to go with private companies.

Thanks...but the first rep should have offered to transfer me to resolutions immediately..after all I would have expected it from the C&A desk...she even said if she priced out a new booking right then it would give her the same price I was disputing...goes to show you she didn't even try.

I have ran a 24/7 call center. There are many reasons a customer service person gets/gives wrong information. If you were so sure why didn't you as to be transferred to the Resolutions desk? Wow, you got rewarded and still unhappy with one person. Shaking my head. Life is too short to let one little issue cause you to post in bold print! :eek:

Edited by DaNana

I have ran a 24/7 call center. There are many reasons a customer service person gets/gives wrong information. If you were so sure why didn't you as to be transferred to the Resolutions desk? Wow, you got rewarded and still unhappy with one person. Shaking my head. Life is too short to let one little issue cause you to post in bold print! :eek:

The first rep I spoke to was one on the C&A D+ desk...She was adamant there was nothing to be done !!...I was very surprised at her bad attitude after many years of always dealing directly with RCI to book my cruises...I must say this was a first !

Perhaps "I" (as you say) should have insisted that she transfer me but at that particular instance I felt it may be wise to just call back and have another rep give me a price on a new booking (which she apparently wouldn't do) for exactly the same cruise..especially since I had only booked this March 2015 cruise two days prior. Many on these boards do the same thing everyday..which really shouldn't be the case...but that's another much talked about subject.

"Rewarded" isn't exactly how I look at being charged the going published rate..and I think many that have gotten price adjustments will agree.

BTW: DaNana...I always post in bold print...just easier for me to see and read...Not necessary to make an issue out of how some of us post..I find nothing wrong that you prefer to post in "purple".

Please "shake your head" change lanes and move on.

Peace Out !

Edited by Ashland

Been trying since Saturday to upgrade to a X guarantee Balcony for the Same price as our Inside, we get a different answer each time our TA cannot get anywhere price varies between £8 & 128pp and they say they would have to cancel previous booking and re-book so that MAY change our flts and that would cost more, even spoke to the Miami office who said they would sort it out, 2 days later still waiting, beginning to wonder if RCL want the Business and may go to another line with less hassle, this has only happened since they changed the UK call Centre to Guatemala.

I have called twice now and have gotten 2 price drops on our February cruise. However, I just called Royal Carribean directly. Am I missing something about calling C&A desk? We are Diamond Plus also, but it never occured to me to call them for a price drop. I have to admit, last week when I called for the 2nd price drop, the man on the phone said it had dropped only a few dollars, but when I told him I was looking at the computer right in front of me, he said, "let me put you on hold and talk to resolutions" and of course, I got the corrected price. Always pays to question their price if it differs from the one you are seeing.

I am sorry you had to make 2 calls to get the correct results. The first rep may have been having a bad day...since you say she had a bad attitude. Sorry if that was the case. Or possibly she was having IT issues. It happened at my office yesterday....someone was seeing something on their screen that I couldnt see on mine...and we were on the same network...same screen, etc.

Glad you got results you were happy with even if it took 2 calls. However, that then makes the title of your thread misleading. RC did "reprice"!!!!!!

You got what you wanted. Maybe the first person you talked too was new ? and not sure how to deal with that situation. Everyone knows the drill to hang up and call back. Ive done that serveral times with my phone and cable company. Luckly Royal has been pretty decent too me only a few minor bumps, nothing hanging up and calling back wont fix :D

Also you never know with royals website its a pain to work with

RCI doe's not have any problem repricing a booking if the price goes up.:eek:

Yes, and if that mistakenly happens, I call Resolutions and have them re-price back to our original price. I had an agent mistakenly re-price a cruise recently, so I contacted Resolutions, and had it back to the original price in just a few minutes.

Believe me, I have much worse stories to tell about airline reservations mixups. It happens.

RCI doe's not have any problem repricing a booking if the price goes up.:eek:

You got that right.

I can see ONCE IN AWHILE getting a 'newer' rep and having to call back, but it is almost guaranteed you will need to talk to multiple people if you need a price adjustment. It wasn't always like this. I think they are just making it harder by adding another layer (ie rerouting to resolutions) of complication in order to get the lower price.

And their website really stinks too, I guess on both ends, if the reps can't see what we are seeing.

I don't know,she very well may have been telling you the truth with the info she had or knew how to get.Either way you got the lower price.Not a very big deal really.It always pays to get a second opinion for anything.Glad you got it though.

I think $537.00 sounds like a fairly big deal to me.

That's funny, I think life is too short to worry about which fonts other people choose to post with.

Hi guys,

I called yesterday because I saw that prices for balcony rooms on our November 16th cruise on Adventure was almost $250 cheaper per person. C & A said the EXACT same thing to me, but they transferred me to Resolutions right away without me asking. Unfortunately, that agent said the exact same thing. Her reasoning was that after our final payment date, which was early last month, they "couldn't change any rates or issue on board credit". TOTAL BS!

Wrote a strongly worded e-mail to C&A and the web reservations desk telling them I've been "loyal to Royal" since my first cruise in 1997 and I might actually consider trying a different cruise line for my next cruise.

Hopefully that bursts their bubble. $500 is alot of money and it is frustrating to see people who book at the last minute get insane deals.

I think I'm going to try calling again today.

Hi guys,

I called yesterday because I saw that prices for balcony rooms on our November 16th cruise on Adventure was almost $250 cheaper per person. C & A said the EXACT same thing to me, but they transferred me to Resolutions right away without me asking. Unfortunately, that agent said the exact same thing. Her reasoning was that after our final payment date, which was early last month, they "couldn't change any rates or issue on board credit". TOTAL BS!

Wrote a strongly worded e-mail to C&A and the web reservations desk telling them I've been "loyal to Royal" since my first cruise in 1997 and I might actually consider trying a different cruise line for my next cruise.

Hopefully that bursts their bubble. $500 is alot of money and it is frustrating to see people who book at the last minute get insane deals.

Don't bother calling again. That policy has been in place for a few years. No recourse other than to upgrade to a higher category cabin and pay the difference.

Don't bother calling again. That policy has been in place for a few years. No recourse other than to upgrade to a higher category cabin and pay the difference.

I dont understand why they can't issue OBC though. Makes absolutely no sense to me.

I dont understand why they can't issue OBC though. Makes absolutely no sense to me.

I'm not aware of any cruise line that credits for lower prices after the final payment date. They pretty much all stopped doing that a few years ago. Go ahead and try another cruise line, but realize they do the exact same thing.

They did up until May 2011. You could get OBC up until 3 days before the ship sailed. They stopped doing that to align more with all the other mass market lines policies. Now all you can do is try for an upgrade.

I'm not aware of any cruise line that credits for lower prices after the final payment date. They pretty much all stopped doing that a few years ago. Go ahead and try another cruise line, but realize they do the exact same thing.

Carnivals early saver rate is the only one. There are other restrictions though like non refundable deposit I think.

Edited by ryano

Hi guys,

This is no longer the policy -- it was changed a couple of years ago. Upgrading to the next category is your option after final payment.