On board credit from travel agent

mrsihopes

We booked a cruise which leaves on Dec 4th of this year. When we booked the cruise through a travel agent, it state we are to get 170.00 onboard credit from the travel agent, and my paperwork shows that also. It is not showing up yet on my cruise information when I sign into princess. It is showing all of my other onboard credit. My travel agent stated that it will be posted to my onboard account within 24 hours of boarding the ship. Does this sound right? Would like to make sure I receive it before I board in case I need to contact them. Any information would be appreciated.

My travel agent's OBC does indeed show up in the Cruise Personalizer under 'Payment and Credits.' It shows as "Travel Agent Promotion."

Now if your travel agent has not yet committed the OBC to Princess then Princess will not be able to post it in the Cruise Personalizer. It appears that your T.A. will only tell Princess the day prior to sailing. You may receive a gift card in your cabin regarding the T.A.'s OBC. I would bring hard copy of all documentation with you on the ship. If the OBC is not there Princess will be able to query the T.A., but Princess will not be responsible if for some reason it does not show up.

Do you have a copy of the "Princess Cruises Booking Confirmation - Passenger Copy - Final Payment" (not a travel agent's document)? If no, ask the T.A. to send you the PDF copy.

Whether it shows up or not in the Personalizer may depend on what type of OBC the Travel Agent is providing.

One type is from a list of amenities that Princess allocates to TAs who have group bookings. This type of OBC will show up in the Personalizer.

The other type is a true gift of OBC from the TA. Gift OBC does not show up in the Personalizer as the giver (who may not be a TA) may want it to be a surprise when you board the ship. This is true even if you gift yourself OBC before the cruise.

My travel agent's OBC does indeed show up in the Cruise Personalizer under 'Payment and Credits.' It shows as "Travel Agent Promotion."

Now if your travel agent has not yet committed the OBC to Princess then Princess will not be able to post it in the Cruise Personalizer. It appears that your T.A. will only tell Princess the day prior to sailing. You may receive a gift card in your cabin regarding the T.A.'s OBC. I would bring hard copy of all documentation with you on the ship. If the OBC is not there Princess will be able to query the T.A., but Princess will not be responsible if for some reason it does not show up.

Do you have a copy of the "Princess Cruises Booking Confirmation - Passenger Copy - Final Payment" (not a travel agent's document)? If no, ask the T.A. to send you the PDF copy.

Agree with the above. Ours showed up on the Cruise Personalizer and under Payments and Credits.

If the TA OBC is an amenity from booking a sailing which they have group on,

then you will see it on your CP (it actually comes from Princess as a Group Amenity and not from the TA at all).

If the TA OBC is a gift from their comm. , then you won't see it until you

get to your cabin,

Ok thank you everyone, talked to someone else at the agency and got a clear answer about what is going on. :D

And they said.....:confused:

Iagree with those saying it depends on the obc type. MOST times we get a loyalty type obc from our agent which shows up on our account onboard, not on the cruise docs. Have, however too received perks via the "group" booking including obc and specialty dinner which IS on the docs.

And they said.....:confused:

Iagree with those saying it depends on the obc type. MOST times we get a loyalty type obc from our agent which shows up on our account onboard, not on the cruise docs. Have, however too received perks via the "group" booking including obc and specialty dinner which IS on the docs.

That only part of it 85.00 shows on my princess credits and the rest was a group booking which will be posted between 7 and 5 days before cruise. Will get something in the stateroom stating it was a give from Travel agent.

• 3 months later...

Hope it is ok to ask this here. Hate to start a new thread. What about dinner and wine gifts from Princess. They called and said they were giving me dinner and wine for our next cruise. She asked me to wait on the phone while she entered it and I could hear her typing.

Does this show up on the personalizer? Mine still hasn't.

I remember getting something like this in the past and remember seeing it somewhere but can't remember where. On one cruise there was an OBC missing when we arrived on the ship so now I make sure I have everything in writing with me.

My ta is two email questions behind so I hate to ask her more until others are dealt with.

Thanks for any help.

Hope it is ok to ask this here. Hate to start a new thread. What about dinner and wine gifts from Princess. They called and said they were giving me dinner and wine for our next cruise. She asked me to wait on the phone while she entered it and I could hear her typing.

Does this show up on the personalizer? Mine still hasn't.

I remember getting something like this in the past and remember seeing it somewhere but can't remember where. On one cruise there was an OBC missing when we arrived on the ship so now I make sure I have everything in writing with me.

My ta is two email questions behind so I hate to ask her more until others are dealt with.

Thanks for any help.

I don't believe it shows up, you may want them to send you an email listing the dinner.Good luck with your TA. :eek:

Any time OBC (or anything else) is purchased as a "gift" - even if you purchased it yourself - it doesn't show in the Cruise Personalizer. However, I always call Princess and ask them to send me a confirmation email as they can see the "gifts" on their system. They are happy to send the confirmation email and I take it onboard with me. An "official" email from Princess carries a lot more weight on the ship than something from a TA.

My travel agent provided us with $75 credit (between two of us) and it shows up as Travel Agent Promotion on my credits on my Personalizer.

That OBC may be from a Group Amenity rather than a rebate of their comm?

The agency may have added you to a speculative group that they blocked.

My travel agent provided us with $75 credit (between two of us) and it shows up as Travel Agent Promotion on my credits on my Personalizer.

Same here, except it showed up as $37.50 for each of us.

The only credit that was not split in half was the credit for owning 100 shares of Carnival stock. That was totally listed under my name (despite we own the shares together.)

• 11 months later...