Statendam Washroom Issues

Cruisung Lady

DO NOT bring your own. You will clog the lines and it will be an awful mess with many losing use of their toilets.

Why do you think the ship would not have the usual supplies of appropriate tissue? :confused:

DO NOT bring your own. You will clog the lines and it will be an awful mess with many losing use of their toilets.

Why do you think the ship would not have the usual supplies of appropriate tissue? :confused:

Lady said "issues" not "tissues". ;)

I doubt the OP will bring their own toilet. :rolleyes:

Thank you, both.

Good when we can laugh at ourselves. :D

I always say that if I ever lose my sense of humour, especially at my own expense, it will be time to tear up my passport and stay at home and watch TV.

If anyone is reading that is on the statendam or just off her, is there any toilet issues on board that you heard about. We are leaving on Monday for 30 days and want to be warned ahead of time. Merry Christmas everyone

We were in #174 and "A" verandah on the Incan Empires Nov.2-Dec.3. This stateroom is in working order (and overall was great:) ) because the toilet is now properly fixed. Our stateroom flooded at 1 AM the first night, a week later there was no water at all in the toilet, and the last week of the cruise the entire flushing mechanism fell off the wall:eek:! We discovered the plastic device had been previously stuffed with paper as a quick fix.

Front desk was slow to respond except for the flood the first night. The engineer said they ran out of time in dry dock and tiled over the bathroom floor drain.

Other staterooms on the verandah deck had water problems, and one had a sewage leak at the seal attached to the wall.

I had to laugh when Hotel Director Randall Corcoran said they were maintaining the ship before turning it over to P&O.

Aside from the toilet problem we loved our room and stewards. Ports were fantastic and cuisine was great! Worst Front Desk staff I have ever encountered.

Karen

We had no issues of that nature at all onboard the Incan Treasures cruise. We also disembarked on 12-3. There were a few public bathrooms that were out of order from time to time but appeared to be fixed regularly.

We had no problems with the front desk crew. I found them to be helpful and responsive with the few problems we did encounter on this cruise.

Ships have inherent plumbing issues...it can happen anytime, anywhere. Do not fixate on it. It either will or won't be.

It's true...do not flush ANYTHING except the paper provided...no tampons, no diapers, no tissues...it will mess everything up for everyone.

Edited by cb at sea