Staff bent over backwards to make sure we sailed!!

Kruzin Karen

We recently sailed on the Golden Princess, a 3 day Ensenada get away with some friends who are newbies to cruising. At the VERY last minute, our guests realized they had left some important travel documents at home. In a state of total panic and hysteria, we rushed the poor staff at check in, some of us yelling, some of us crying. We were sure half our group wouldn't be allowed to sail. These kind, wonderful women calmed us down, assured us that Princess also wanted us to make our cruise, then bent over backwards to make it happen. I only wish I had thought to get names, but I was too busy panicking. We've been on 20+ cruises, and this was one of the best ever. Maybe it was the staff's kindness, maybe it was sailing with people to whom cruising was shiny and new, or maybe it was the fact that it was our first time in a suite! We also had misunderstood one of the suite privileges, and Princess graciously offered it to us, anyway. I now have 3 upcoming B2Bs on the Crown next month. I have a new favorite cruise line!

The bright side to an experience like this (well, aside from the fact that Princess helped out) is that you never forget those papers again. All it takes is one hysterical meltdown to make you remember the documents the next time. :)

Who's yelling?

See OP's post:

At the VERY last minute, our guests realized they had left some important travel documents at home. In a state of total panic and hysteria, we rushed the poor staff at check in, some of us yelling, some of us crying.

We recently sailed on the Golden Princess, a 3 day Ensenada get away with some friends who are newbies to cruising. At the VERY last minute, our guests realized they had left some important travel documents at home. In a state of total panic and hysteria, we rushed the poor staff at check in, some of us yelling, some of us crying. We were sure half our group wouldn't be allowed to sail. These kind, wonderful women calmed us down, assured us that Princess also wanted us to make our cruise, then bent over backwards to make it happen. I only wish I had thought to get names, but I was too busy panicking. We've been on 20+ cruises, and this was one of the best ever. Maybe it was the staff's kindness, maybe it was sailing with people to whom cruising was shiny and new, or maybe it was the fact that it was our first time in a suite! We also had misunderstood one of the suite privileges, and Princess graciously offered it to us, anyway. I now have 3 upcoming B2Bs on the Crown next month. I have a new favorite cruise line!

someone in YOUR group forgot their paperwork and you guys rushed the staff and yelled at them???? You're lucky you got to cruise

Wow. All I was trying to do was give Princess a compliment. We didn't actually yell, but we were excited and apprehensive. They were nice to us. Sorry I even posted. Why are you people so mean?

Pay no attention to the grumps.

It was very clear what you were trying to say. :rolleyes:

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Pay no attention to the grumps.

It was very clear what you were trying to say. :rolleyes:

I totally agree, and got the point you were trying to make - Princess went above and beyond.

Apparently "yell" was a hot button for some (there are many who are sensitive concerning how those in the service industry are treated) .

What I heard you say was that the Princess reps calmed everyone's fears of missing the cruise and made it happen.

Way to go, Princess !

Where did I go wrong??

You didn't say anything wrong, and I am glad you came here to share a positive experience. The only thing you may be guilty of (by saying you were yelling and crying) is exaggerating to make your point--a perfectly acceptable use of rhetoric under these circumstances. The truth is that other cruise lines may not have been at all helpful or cooperative in your case, which some people feel is a justification for carping that "you made your bed, you should have had to lie in it". Don't allow them to rain on your parade.

Edited by fishywood

Thank you Colo Cruiser. Where did I go wrong??

You didn't go wrong anywhere. Ignore the posts that seem critical. Lots of people seem to post like that from time to time (even me :cool:). Thanks for giving Princess the kudos that they deserved!

Edited by ar1950

Wow, what a scare! I am glad it all worked out. The people that helped you, were they the check-in people in the terminal? If so, they are not Princess Cruises employees, but outsource employees. They work for Metro Ports/Metro Stevedore Co. I always find them very nice and a pleasure to get checked in. LA/San Pedro is my home port :)

Wow. All I was trying to do was give Princess a compliment. We didn't actually yell, but we were excited and apprehensive. They were nice to us. Sorry I even posted. Why are you people so mean?

I understood exactly what you posted and I think that it is great that you wanted to compliment the ships staff in assisting you with the emergency.

One thing I have learned reading on Cruise Critic is that there are some very nice people and then there is that one or two that feels obligated to be mean and nasty. Ignore the fools. There are a lot of nice people here.

Thanks for your post!!:)

Most of us got what you meant. There is always a few that have to chastise just to do so. Thank you for posting your positive experience with Princess. Nice it all worked out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk