How to get extra "points"- crown and anchor

cpannkuk

• 9 months later...
I know this isn't normal practice on RC ships, but has anyone ever asked for their C&A upgrade mid-cruise and received it? I'll become Diamond on day 2 of my next cruise.

Not looking for the free cocktails, just another quiet place with a nice view to read my kindle during the day. I'll be sailing with my daughter and her friend over spring break. I've read here the views on Freedom class ships are better in the DL than the CL.

We became Emerald during our last cruise and they changed our level so when we were booking a cruise to the Med we got the higher balcony discount. No other benefit at the time but the extra balcony discount was all we wanted.

I'm a Crown and anchor member

- junior suite

- solo traveller

- 3 night cruise explorer of the seas 29/11/2015

Currently have 9 points . How many points will I get for completing my upcoming cruise ?

You will get 9 points for your 3-night cruise.

• 2 years later...

The Enchantment of the Seas was stretched to make it slightly larger than other Vision Class Vessels, but they decided the operation was too expensive to do it with other ships. I love the smaller and medium sized ships over the modern behemoths because cruise lines tend to put more people on the ships without enlarging the shared areas commensurate with the additional people.

The Enchantment of the Seas was stretched to make it slightly larger than other Vision Class Vessels, but they decided the operation was too expensive to do it with other ships. I love the smaller and medium sized ships over the modern behemoths because cruise lines tend to put more people on the ships without enlarging the shared areas commensurate with the additional people.

O actually find that Royal has done an excellent job with adding common areas as the ships get larger. Look at Oasis class and all the different areas.

Passenger to space ratio on the Vision is 38.2 while on Oasis it’s 41.7. Other than when a show gets let out I find the Oasis class seem less crowded than the smaller ships. At least for now those that like the smaller ships can still sail on Royal.

O actually find that Royal has done an excellent job with adding common areas as the ships get larger. Look at Oasis class and all the different areas.

Passenger to space ratio on the Vision is 38.2 while on Oasis it’s 41.7. Other than when a show gets let out I find the Oasis class seem less crowded than the smaller ships. At least for now those that like the smaller ships can still sail on Royal.

Well said. People think there is more room on the smaller ships, not as crowded but in 1980-90's the smaller ships were ratio in the 20's... Yes more passengers on newer ship's but lot more public space and larger cabin's also...

I understand that you get double points for a suite or higher. (Does this include jr suites)

Also are there any other ways of getting additional points? Just curious. I am one point away from platinum and the other levels seem so far away!!! I thought some other lines had specials once in awhile but I didn't know about rccl

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am in the same boat as you. I Have 29 points. Just one point away. But I have a 7 day cruise for 6 that I am paying for.

I am in the same boat as you. I Have 29 points. Just one point away. But I have a 7 day cruise for 6 that I am paying for.

I hope that you know that you only get the points for yourself, for the cabin that you are in. Everyone gets his/her own points. It doesn't matter who is paying the bills.

And what the heck does that have to do with this thread? (this three year old thread) :eek:

Not sure where you got those numbers....ratio for Oasis is 36 and 32 for Vision.

We had a seven night cruise on Voyager way back when you only received one point per sailing ( before the conversion) this still remains as one point doesn’t it? They don’t owe me an additional 6 points?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a seven night cruise on Voyager way back when you only received one point per sailing ( before the conversion) this still remains as one point doesn’t it? They don’t owe me an additional 6 points?

Your one CREDIT prior to the conversion likely became 7 POINTS when conversion occurred. There was a specific conversion formula, and generally folks got 7 points per credit and some additional added points.

M

The conversion they used back in 2011...

1-4 credits x 7 + 1

5-7 credits x 7 + 3

> 7 credits x 7 + 13

Therefore your 1 credit will be worth 8 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk