Rotational Dining coming to Quantum

dirtgirl

Im neither for nor against it at the moment ,I will have to see how its going to work

, A couple of things though what will happen to Grande I don't mind the formal attire but some people wont want to do that, so will they do away with Grande being formal and what will happen to the entertainment timings ,its not going to be an easy change over.

As Oasis has already had her MDR spilt into different restaurants for DD then I would say RD will come to Oasis & to Allure.

But I don't think it will happen quickly, with Anthem coming out in less than 3 months then perhaps they will wait and see how RD works on her before they change OA & AL.

Thanks Liz- I would think (or hope) that they would wait

Wow thanks for the update :D

I knew RCCL were having lots of discussions to see what could be done to "fix" DD but I didn't expect Rotational Dining...sounds good though. :D

Rotational Dining does not sound good in the least.

If this is implemented on launch of the Anthem then we would not be proceeding with the cruise. Having read the menus and the concept, we bought into a product. RCCL would be in breach of this description.

Whilst we made bookings at all 3 complimentary restaurants, we have no desire to eat at Silk more than once, and American Icon Grills menu is appauling. We would certainly not pay the considerable sum for this cruise to eat in The Windjammer or be rotated to restaurants.

The concept of My Time Dining is something that suits us. Dynamic Dining sounds inspired.

Moving Weybridge customer services to Guatemala was bad enough, but Rotational Dining is a deal breaker.

Thanks Liz- I would think (or hope) that they would wait

Hi Ellen, I believe that during Allure's dry dock they will split (not spilt as I posted earlier :o) the MDR up in preparation for RD. When exactly RD will happen on AL ...well that is the big question.

Thinking about it, while Allure is in Europe after dry dock...not sure RD would work because of the Interporting and along with the Royal iQ App and change of Broadway show etc etc...too much at once, so maybe the October Transatlantic :confused:

I enjoyed DD on the Quantum but will not book a ship with rotational dining unless I know early enough in advance what my rotation is so I can plan specialty the nights they assign me to a dining room I would rather not eat in.

Rotational dining won't work. As others have pointed out with only a few complimentary dining locations. Some will like to eat at Grande every night, others won't be taking formal dress and every 3rd night could be in there.

I think this will be offered in addition to booking for a few tables at the traditional time slots early/late with others like mytime and speciality ones will always be reservation/bookings.

There have been many posts on various threads that said that Royal Caribbean is trying to get passengers to use "pay extra for" speciality dining.

With Rotational Dining people who dislike certain types of food will now be forced to either dine in those venues or go to speciality (pay extra for) restaurants OR go to the Windjammer.

There is a lot more to come on this issue. A big problem I see right away is for those of us that are specialty dining enthusiasts, they need to have a 'separate' rotation so that we can enjoy a combination of complementary and for a fee dining venues.

I think they will have to find some 'hybrid' between DD and RD for this to work. Having a pure rotation just brings back the same problems we had prior to DD. When I would do 4 specialty restaurants with the Chef's Table Package on an Oasis 7 night cruise, that meant I was only at my assigned table 3 nights.

As I was on Oasis right after dry dock and saw how well they designed the 3 venues of American Icon, Silk and the Grande and then saw the same décor was placed on Quantum, I am assuming they have already contracted and purchased the décor for all Quantum and Oasis class ships and that they will not be re-negotiating those decorating contacts and will move forward in some format on the 6 ships, Quantum, Anthem, Ovation, Oasis, Allure and Oasis III.

Totally in favor of Rotational Dining! For us it combines the best of two worlds. First we keep our same wait staff for the entire cruise. Second... when on vacation we like to different restaurants.

Same wait staff + different restaurants = Happiness for our family!

Totally in favor of Rotational Dining! For us it combines the best of two worlds. First we keep our same wait staff for the entire cruise. Second... when on vacation we like to different restaurants.

Same wait staff + different restaurants = Happiness for our family!

My thoughts exactly. I was hoping for something like this. Would love having the same staff in the different venues. Makes the cruise so much better.

As Oasis has already had her MDR spilt into different restaurants for DD then I would say RD will come to Oasis & to Allure.

But I don't think it will happen quickly, with Anthem coming out in less than 3 months then perhaps they will wait and see how RD works on her before they change OA & AL.

Oasis' dining room has not been "split" it has merely been redecorated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on Oasis a couple of weeks ago. Each dining level has a different look and I was hoping that RCI would drop DD and just go with the redecorations on the three Oasis class ships. If RD is instituted then the menus will have to change. On Disney you can choose the dining sequence so you wind up on formal night in the castle from BATB, for instance. Lots of talk of this planning on the Disney boards here on CC

We were on Oasis a couple of weeks ago. Each dining level has a different look and I was hoping that RCI would drop DD and just go with the redecorations on the three Oasis class ships. If RD is instituted then the menus will have to change. On Disney you can choose the dining sequence so you wind up on formal night in the castle from BATB, for instance. Lots of talk of this planning on the Disney boards here on CC

I would think the current DD menus would work fine with RD, they are after all for different restaurants.

Edited by Elizanessie