Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Apparently Princess and Carnival don't book any passengers on the west coast. Carnival must be going broke serving this market. Oh, wait, Carnival just announced earnings and said they had much higher onboard revenue and their stock jumped over 6% today. Yeah, good thing for Royal that they don't waste any ships here.

I was just quoting Pipkorn, he said no one is booking

Didn't Mariner and one of the sovereign sisters used to sail out of LA for like $50 a day

Edited by John&LaLa

Apparently Princess and Carnival don't book any passengers on the west coast. Carnival must be going broke serving this market. Oh, wait, Carnival just announced earnings and said they had much higher onboard revenue and their stock jumped over 6% today. Yeah, good thing for Royal that they don't waste any ships here.

I'm just glad we booked the West Coast this year. It come available and went for it. Seattle to Vancouver and take the 8 days in between to drive down the West Coast. Wanted to do a B2B but the PVSA rule didn't allow us.

Might have to do the Panama Canal on X now though.

How does it work when crossing the international date line? Is this really a 19 day cruise from the 9th of May to the 27th of May or is it just 18?

I notice on that Celebrity sailing that they cover 16 calendar dates from the 26th of April until the 12th of May, while marketing it on their website as a 17 night cruise.

I tried to figure this out from the description on the Princess website.

http://www.princess.com/excursion/exlistfordestination.do?portid=IDL&exType=S&t=H

I notice that the Celebrity sailing just sold out with W suite GTYs at $2299, balcony GTYs at $999, outside GTYs at $949 and inside GTYs at $899.

They did have a 2 day sale in February where they dropped the insides GTY to $699 and outside GTY to $749.

I am not sure what percentage of cabins sold when they dropped the price after final payment with these GTY fares.

Thanks for this info on Celebrity's pricing.

Travelling east across the dateline, clocks go back 24 hours, so you have the same day twice. This is great if it's your birthday. [emoji3]. Therefore an itinerary of N calendar days is actually a cruise of N+1 days as Celebrity specified. The opposite applies going westbound of course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Both Apr 12 & 28 EXOS are showing Sold Out........so something is in the works?

Looks like both cruises will be cancelled and the repo will commence from Sydney and go via the usual Hawaii route. This addresses the time problem, but they still have to deal with PVSA since EX doesn't fit under the bridge in Vancouver.

This is surely the best repo in terms of revenue, but folks booked on one or both of these cruises are going to be unhappy. Argue for a big discount and OBC as compensation!

Didn't Mariner and one of the sovereign sisters used to sail out of LA for like $50 a day

I think there is a difference in trying to sustain a whole season down in LA/San Diego than a handful of sailings. The itinerary out of the Seattle round trip just isn't very good next year. I would have loved the sailing they are doing this year, but it's just not doable, I already have plans. So I will pass.

Looks like both cruises will be cancelled and the repo will commence from Sydney and go via the usual Hawaii route. This addresses the time problem, but they still have to deal with PVSA since EX doesn't fit under the bridge in Vancouver.

This is surely the best repo in terms of revenue, but folks booked on one or both of these cruises are going to be unhappy. Argue for a big discount and OBC as compensation!

Did Mariner B2B, doing Jewel B4

Can't do much more.... have to wait to see about booking Explorer here---when RCL call about the cancelled B2B we have booked in Australia.

Can't they use Victoria instead of Vancouver for the PVSA?

Figured all along they would be cancelled once I read EOS was coming for Alaska. Now they are Sold Out or N/A? We booked them last year, way before the announcement but fine with doing W. Coast instead.:)

Have done Vancouver to Sydney, back to Sydney, on board for 2 months.

A better itinerary and reasonable prices would help boost EX PNW bookings.

Comparing apples to oranges, Mariner arrived in Los Angeles at the beginning of the Great Recession, which also coincided with the H1N1 flu virus scare and the increasing violence along the Mexico West Coast. Those conditions do not exist today.

I would imagine a few Radiance of the Seas cruisers will not be happy either IF Explorer is going via Hawaii with the premium prices they have paid on the Sydney - Honolulu sector. One can only assume Explorer will be cheaper.

Edited by springaussie

Did Mariner B2B, doing Jewel B4

Can't do much more.... have to wait to see about booking Explorer here---when RCL call about the cancelled B2B we have booked in Australia.

Can't they use Victoria instead of Vancouver for the PVSA?

Figured all along they would be cancelled once I read EOS was coming for Alaska. Now they are Sold Out or N/A? We booked them last year, way before the announcement but fine with doing W. Coast instead.:)

Have done Vancouver to Sydney, back to Sydney, on board for 2 months.

If my understanding is correct, the cruise would have to finish in Victoria. This is possible, but it is a lot of people to ferry across to Vancouver from the island.

2 months on board - that is impressive [emoji4] .

Could not the Explorer reposition Syndey to Honolulu, Honolulu to Ensenada and then Ensenada to Seattle? That seems the most logical sequence. Many ships have done the HNL-Ensenda or reverse run to comply with PVSA.

Yes, you're right. With the apparent cancellation of the two preceding cruises, they now plenty of time to cover the extra distance.

Legend is doing Ensenada to Hawaii this May (we're on it).

A better itinerary and reasonable prices would help boost EX PNW bookings.

Comparing apples to oranges, Mariner arrived in Los Angeles at the beginning of the Great Recession, which also coincided with the H1N1 flu virus scare and the increasing violence along the Mexico West Coast. Those conditions do not exist today.

Well you must know things the suits in Miami don't. I'm just saying you need to show support for the crumbs RCL is throwing you or keep flying to the east coast.

CCL was up $2.70 or 6.08% today.

RCL was up $4.85 or 6.47% today.

Both companies did quite well.

Rick

CCL was up $2.70 or 6.08% today.

RCL was up $4.85 or 6.47% today.

Both companies did quite well.

Rick

It seems interesting they both rose the same percentage. Likely nothing to do with individual metrics. A rising sea rises all ships.

Could not the Explorer reposition Syndey to Honolulu, Honolulu to Ensenada and then Ensenada to Seattle? That seems the most logical sequence. Many ships have done the HNL-Ensenda or reverse run to comply with PVSA.

Anyone getting on in Honolulu and getting off in Seattle would be violating PVSA. (to travel between two DIFFERENT US ports you need to touch a DISTANT foreign port. Ensenada does not qualify as distant).

No, and a critical piece of the financial equation is onboard spending, anyway. RCI corporate never we seems ton ant to discuss that. Monarch would have made money I'd they'd given the cabins away, based on what we were told by more than one 4-stripe onboard. The spending on the weekend cruises made the budget for the entire week. I find it hard to believe that the Florida sailings made as much money.

Mariner and a Radiance poached passengers form each other - we could sail 10 nights out of San Diego for the same number of vacation days as 7 nights on Mariner out of LA (and we live in LA). As Karen said, we were hit with a trio of events - a recession (real), H1N1 (which didn't hit any of the MR ports, but the perception was there, so all of the lines diverted to San Francisco, where people died from it:rolleyes:) and some isolated incidents of violence that one would find in any port in the world. Carnival never left, Princess and NCL are back. RCI isn't, except for the crumbs.:(

Anyone getting on in Honolulu and getting off in Seattle would be violating PVSA. (to travel between two DIFFERENT US ports you need to touch a DISTANT foreign port. Ensenada does not qualify as distant).

The passengers from Hawaii would disembark at Ensenada and a different set of passengers would embark there and cruise to Seattle. I believe this satisfies PVSA. B2B would not be allowed.

No, and a critical piece of the financial equation is onboard spending, anyway. RCI corporate never we seems ton ant to discuss that. Monarch would have made money I'd they'd given the cabins away, based on what we were told by more than one 4-stripe onboard. The spending on the weekend cruises made the budget for the entire week. I find it hard to believe that the Florida sailings made as much money.

Mariner and a Radiance poached passengers form each other - we could sail 10 nights out of San Diego for the same number of vacation days as 7 nights on Mariner out of LA (and we live in LA). As Karen said, we were hit with a trio of events - a recession (real), H1N1 (which didn't hit any of the MR ports, but the perception was there, so all of the lines diverted to San Francisco, where people died from it:rolleyes:) and some isolated incidents of violence that one would find in any port in the world. Carnival never left, Princess and NCL are back. RCI isn't, except for the crumbs.:(

Could the labor problems in LA port have anything to do with it.

If my understanding is correct, the cruise would have to finish in Victoria. This is possible, but it is a lot of people to ferry across to Vancouver from the island.

2 months on board - that is impressive [emoji4] .

They could ferry to Washington State or Vancouver or fly from Victoria? interesting to see what they do...... when they do decide.

We did the Radiance 63 night inaugural cruise. It was great and we made for live dear friends, that were doing most of the whole cruise with us. It was a wonderful group of people doing this cruise. JD was a busy guy in the CL with our happy group. Lots of fun times were had.:)

Wish RCL was doing what Princess is doing already!! Grand Princess left last weekend from Vancouver to do 2- round trips Van. to Hawaii!!! How great is that?:D

The passengers from Hawaii would disembark at Ensenada and a different set of passengers would embark there and cruise to Seattle. I believe this satisfies PVSA. B2B would not be allowed.

OK, legal but I can't see you filling the ship in Ensenada for a trip up the coast. People around here don't really like going all the way to Ensenada just to board a ship (some of the Hawaii runs currently do this). I'll say this, if they do this, it will be a very inexpensive cruise except for transportation to and from the ports.

OK, legal but I can't see you filling the ship in Ensenada for a trip up the coast. People around here don't really like going all the way to Ensenada just to board a ship (some of the Hawaii runs currently do this). I'll say this, if they do this, it will be a very inexpensive cruise except for transportation to and from the ports.

Yes, I think you're right, the coastal will be a very inexpensive cruise (if it transpires). However, the alternative repo with a stop at the Russian nuclear sub base and crossing the northern Pacific in early May would be longer and probably even cheaper [emoji4] .

Could the labor problems in LA port have anything to do with it.

RCI pulled out in 2011, before the current (now resolved) issues arose. But the dispute didn't affect cruise ship operations - all of the other lines have managed to get their ships boarded and disembarked without any labor-related issues.