Majesty - Now I think I have seen everything

MattInFLL

OK - many of you know I sail Majesty quite frequently, and I had just planned to update CC on any changes post dry dock that I noticed on my 2/6 weekend cruise. But instead, I think I can now report that I have seen everything there is to see on a cruise:

On Saturday, we bypassed Cococay due to rough seas, and had a sea day while proceeding to Nassau early to spend the night. I generally sit by the pool under the overhang from deck 12 near the towel station. I was enjoying a beverage and my music and that's when it happened. There's me, 2 empty chairs to my right, then another guy, then more empty chairs to his right. A tall thin mid 30ish guy gets up from a sun lounger, stumbles towards me. Almost falls into me, but then goes to the empty chair to the immediate right of the guy near me, and puts a towel on the chair. He faces the chair, pulls down his bathing suit and starts to relieve himself. The guy right there freaks out and hops up. I'm in shock along with several other nearby people. And this just goes on and on, as if you'd expect some hidden camera TV show to pop out. It's not stopping. I wave a pool attendant over who was a bit befuddled and then she taps him on the shoulder and he's oblivious. He finishes and picks up the towel and goes back to the lounger and lays down as if nothing has happened. I go to the towel station and tell them there is urine everywhere at the chair he used and they finally call security. Me and the other guy point him out and provide information on the event. They were trying talking to him but he's just sitting there with his hands behind his head soaking up the sun. Thankfully, they bleach everything. I was told the towels in question would be "incinerated." I had to go meet my friends and security was still there. We ended up having dinner in the Windjammer with an officer who told us the man was disembarked when we got to Nassau that evening. Interestingly, it did not appear to the crew that he had had that much to drink. I had been a bit concerned by what looked like passivity on the part of the ship when this first happened, but glad to know it was handled. Perhaps they just didn't want to draw any more attention to what was a bizarre incident.

And before everyone shouts - "booze cruise" - I can tell you the pool deck was not a party scene that day. It was chilly and we had missed Cococay and we had had a lot of movement. It was pretty quiet on the pool deck, especially for a sea day.

OK - so if you're still with me - let's talk Majesty post dry dock - there is almost no difference discernible to the average cruiser. No major changes. She has been painted and she feels super clean, but just a few bits of new carpet and some new astro turf on the pool deck. Oh and in Compass deli they have hung some sombreros on the wall because it has become an all you can eat Mexican eatery after 6:30. (Same menu as always during the day.) $12 all you can eat, tacos and different "homemade" guacamoles and salsas. I did not try it.

And I still love Majesty. IMHO still the friendliest ship in the fleet with the best and hardest working crew. She will be missed! I hope to sail her many more times before she leaves in 2016.

Edited by MattInFLL

OK - many of you know I sail Majesty quite frequently, and I had just planned to update CC on any changes post dry dock that I noticed on my 2/6 weekend cruise. But instead, I think I can now report that I have seen everything there is to see on a cruise:

On Saturday, we bypassed Cococay due to rough seas, and had a sea day while proceeding to Nassau early to spend the night. I generally sit by the pool under the overhang from deck 12 near the towel station. I was enjoying a beverage and my music and that's when it happened. There's me, 2 empty chairs to my right, then another guy, then more empty chairs to his right. A tall thin mid 30ish guy gets up from a sun lounger, stumbles towards me. Almost falls into me, but then goes to the empty chair to the immediate right of the guy near me, and puts a towel on the chair. He faces the chair, pulls down his bathing suit and starts to relieve himself. The guy right there freaks out and hops up. I'm in shock along with several other nearby people. And this just goes on and on, as if you'd expect some hidden camera TV show to pop out. It's not stopping. I wave a pool attendant over who was a bit befuddled and then she taps him on the shoulder and he's oblivious. He finishes and picks up the towel and goes back to the lounger and lays down as if nothing has happened. I go to the towel station and tell them there is urine everywhere at the chair he used and they finally call security. Me and the other guy point him out and provide information on the event. They were trying talking to him but he's just sitting there with his hands behind his head soaking up the sun. Thankfully, they bleach everything. I was told the towels in question would be "incinerated." I had to go meet my friends and security was still there. We ended up having dinner in the Windjammer with an officer who told us the man was disembarked when we got to Nassau that evening. Interestingly, it did not appear to the crew that he had had that much to drink. I had been a bit concerned by what looked like passivity on the part of the ship when this first happened, but glad to know it was handled. Perhaps they just didn't want to draw any more attention to what was a bizarre incident.

And before everyone shouts - "booze cruise" - I can tell you the pool deck was not a party scene that day. It was chilly and we had missed Cococay and we had had a lot of movement. It was pretty quiet on the pool deck, especially for a sea day.

OK - so if you're still with me - let's talk Majesty post dry dock - there is almost no difference discernible to the average cruiser. No major changes. She has been painted and she feels super clean, but just a few bits of new carpet and some new astro turf on the pool deck. Oh and in Compass deli they have hung some sombreros on the wall because it has become an all you can eat Mexican eatery after 6:30. (Same menu as always during the day.) $12 all you can eat, tacos and different "homemade" guacamoles and salsas. I did not try it.

And I still love Majesty. IMHO still the friendliest ship in the fleet with the best and hardest working crew. She will be missed! I hope to sail her many more times before she leaves in 2016.

Yes, I believe you definitely can say -- you have seen everything, and much more than you wanted to.

Glad Her Majesty however, is being kept 'well taken care of' while she is still part of the fleet.

I only can believe this because my college roommate freshman year did this twice after nights out partying. She just can back and squatted in the corner. And one night she pulled a shirt from my closet to clean it up!!! Took forever for the dorm office to move her out. Gross!!!!! I'm glad this guy was kicked off. Sorry you had to see it.

You must have come into Nassau after dinner. I was on the Enchantment and Disney left around 5:45. I went to the pool deck later on and the Majesty was docked there. I figured you missed Coco Cay. We were able to make it there yesterday but we missed it the week before. It was a rocking good time. :D

"Interestingly, it did not appear to the crew that he had had that much to drink."

Some people hide it.

I dated a guy who could hide it when he was absolutely smashed; only those who really knew him and were paying attention could tell.

Once while in such a state (so the story goes...I wasn't acquainted with him at the time) he went to the home he shared with his then-girlfriend, got up in the middle of the night, went into their closet, and treated it like a toilet, ignoring her completely while she screamed at him (and rightfully so). Then went back to bed. When he woke up, all his stuff was out in the yard.

That must have been difficult to see. I saw a similar thing happen at work once. After the initial excitement died down the company nurse told me that there is an actual psychological condition that can cause that to happen. While it may have been the person involved had too much to drink, they may have had deeper issues. Sorry you had to witness that. Hope that all involved are OK now.

That must have been difficult to see. I saw a similar thing happen at work once. After the initial excitement died down the company nurse told me that there is an actual psychological condition that can cause that to happen. While it may have been the person involved had too much to drink, they may have had deeper issues. Sorry you had to witness that. Hope that all involved are OK now.

lol he didnt witness a murder, lets relax.

And this is why the cruise lines are cracking down like they are on bringing your own alcohol on board. Its probably likely this guy had sneaked some on board in an effort to eliminate the need to buy from the ship, and got himself this drunk. With your SeaPass, they can see how much you've had and cut you off if need be. If you have brought your own stuff on board, that really isn't possible.

And this is why the cruise lines are cracking down like they are on bringing your own alcohol on board. Its probably likely this guy had sneaked some on board in an effort to eliminate the need to buy from the ship, and got himself this drunk. With your SeaPass, they can see how much you've had and cut you off if need be. If you have brought your own stuff on board, that really isn't possible.

Has anyone ever seen a bar tender cut anyone off? I've seen people you have obviously had too much to drink but still getting glasses of scotch! As a previous poster said some alcoholics can seem perfectly sober except if you know the subtle signs for that person.

Has anyone ever seen a bar tender cut anyone off? I've seen people you have obviously had too much to drink but still getting glasses of scotch! As a previous poster said some alcoholics can seem perfectly sober except if you know the subtle signs for that person.

I saw a couple guys get cut off in the English Pub on the Oasis last year. And its not like they outright cut you off, but they can control how quickly you imbibe. Put it this way, if there's a hidden 15 minute delay between refills on the 'unlimited' refill Coke machines, there's also an algorithm that is in play for alcoholic drinks as well.

We had an acquaintance from our roll call cut off on Mariner I believe, after she repeatedly got drunk every night. About midway through the cruise, word circulated that she was completely cut off from any bar. They wouldn't accept her card. This was verified by her when we ran into her later.

This reminds me of a post, complete with phone video showing a woman who was plastered, laying on a lounge peeing through her swim suit...just gross! But seriously, who thinks the ools have no 'P' in them?:p