I would love to get Passport Stamps during my Cruise?

algomaspur

I want to get passport stamps for fun on my cruise. Can someone please give me the inside skinny on where to go to get them in Cozumel, Mexico, George Town Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Jamaica. Thank you so much for helping me out with this.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=algomaspur&date=10-18-2015&text=&ship=Navigator of the Seas

At the customer service desk, ask where you can get your passport stamped. They will direct you to the right place. We've had a lot of success asking the port security at the entrance/exit of the ship. Many times, they have a desk right in the port area.

Try asking your question on the ports of call board for each of the ports you are visiting. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

Edited by DonnaK

Be aware that some travel requires several blank pages to enter the country. Filling up a passport with stamps may require one to get additional pages or a new passport before the old one expires, both pricey option.

If you only plan to travel on cruise ships, no problem. If you ever plan to expand your travel -- there could be an issue. For example, a trip to Africa a few years ago required 4 blank pages for one country and 2 for another. Since then, I have encountered that requirement several times.

Just something to think about.

The advice about using the Customer Service desk is probably right for where you're going, but in other parts of the world, many countries have their own rules. We have passport stamps that say we've been in Bali, even though we never got off the ship.

Be aware that some travel requires several blank pages to enter the country. Filling up a passport with stamps may require one to get additional pages or a new passport before the old one expires, both pricey option.

If you only plan to travel on cruise ships, no problem. If you ever plan to expand your travel -- there could be an issue. For example, a trip to Africa a few years ago required 4 blank pages for one country and 2 for another. Since then, I have encountered that requirement several times.

Such a good point. I travel for a living and just dropped the money to get new pages added in to my passport. I'm desperate to get as few stamps as possible. Last week, my travel gave me five stamps in Europe and I cringed, because I still have 6 years left on my passport!

In Grand Cayman when you get off the tender and pass through the gate there will be a building immediately to your right that has a customs/immigration office in it. They were very nice about stamping our passports in January. We usually don't bother, but it was our 10 month old's first cruise so we wanted to get one for him :)

Aside from needlessly filling up your passport with pointless stamps and possibly having to prematurely renew or get additions pages, it does not strike me as the best way to spend port time.

There has to be other types of souvenirs available.

I have often been asked by agents if I want a stamp or not. I remember standing in line in Miami with over 300 people to get free additional pages put in PP book. Miami Herald had article in Sunday travel section in next few days pages would cost $86 extra and PP cost also to go up.

• 1 year later...

:) I got mine stamp in Cozumel at the Department of Tourism. :)

The main place that visitors to Cozumel should visit for tourist information is the Municipal Tourism office. The Municipal Tourism Office is located at the Plaza del Sol commercial building, which is across from and facing the town square in Cozumel. The office is on the second floor of the building and is open on weekdays from nine in the morning until seven thirty in the afternoon.

To those talking about adding pages to their US Passports: that is no longer an option. If you fill up your pages or do not have the needed number of blank pages for a visa, you now have to get an entirely new Passport.

So be judicious in getting those "souvenir" stamps.

I want to get passport stamps for fun on my cruise. Can someone please give me the inside skinny on where to go to get them in Cozumel, Mexico, George Town Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Jamaica. Thank you so much for helping me out with this.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=algomaspur&date=10-18-2015&text=&ship=Navigator of the Seas

Why??

DON

:) I got mine stamp in Cozumel at the Department of Tourism. :)

The main place that visitors to Cozumel should visit for tourist information is the Municipal Tourism office. The Municipal Tourism Office is located at the Plaza del Sol commercial building, which is across from and facing the town square in Cozumel. The office is on the second floor of the building and is open on weekdays from nine in the morning until seven thirty in the afternoon.

Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To those talking about adding pages to their US Passports: that is no longer an option. If you fill up your pages or do not have the needed number of blank pages for a visa, you now have to get an entirely new Passport.

I don't travel too much out of he country but I do appreciate this info. I'll monitor how much space I have left for these souvenir stamps.

I don't travel too much out of he country but I do appreciate this info. I'll monitor how much space I have left for these souvenir stamps.

Did you know you could use the "search" function to pull up many, many previous discussions on this topic without pulling up the threads?

It is illegal to have unofficial stamps in your passport; you should avoid adding these souvenir stamps that could invalidate your passport.

I have no idea why one would spend time in port trying to get one of these "play" stamps in their passport, but if you like them, suggest you purchase a separate notebook and have that stamped.

If your worried about page's.

U.S. passport's do have the 52 page option for frequent traveler's.