WOW - bar drinks prices increased by up to 40%

icsys

On the Navigator the end of February our Diamond drinks generated a bill so we could add a tip. We just returned from 10 night cruise on Legend and we did not get any bill, they just swiped our cards and we gave them tips in cash. Quite a policy difference in just 2 1/2 months, at least between those two ships.

By the way bartenders were freely pouring on the February cruise and they were seriously measuring the amount of alcohol on the May cruise.

Do you know how much for a bucket of beers? On Freedom at end of month and trying to figure out the budget. Thanks. Also, can you purchase a bottle of liquor and mixers on board? I am not sure what cruise line offers that.

that would be Carnival...

On the Navigator the end of February our Diamond drinks generated a bill so we could add a tip. We just returned from 10 night cruise on Legend and we did not get any bill, they just swiped our cards and we gave them tips in cash. Quite a policy difference in just 2 1/2 months, at least between those two ships.

By the way bartenders were freely pouring on the February cruise and they were seriously measuring the amount of alcohol on the May cruise.

It all seemed to change around March. Our last cruise on the Enchantment in April they were all measured drinks. They are also pre mixing alot of drinks in plastic jugs. They just pour it in a glass and give it to you.

I added it last night. (after a lot of back and fourth thinking) Saved $200 on two premium packages. Regular $800 paid $600

I'm diamond but my drinking habits on holiday have me day drinking. Very little at night. All those mojitos and Miami Vice's were running through my head last night. (I was on hold over an hour to add it:eek:)

I'll add, I booked BOGO50 with a Balcony discount on FREE TAX day along with a TA free gratuity and I am paying exactly what I paid for the same itinerary on the Navigator in 2007 for just the cabins alone. BUT..............with the packages that fare INCLUDES drinks. 2007 I had a $600 bar tab. and $200 in general gratuity. There is a season differance. Sept rates are lower then March rates.

I am a newbie to Royal...when you buy the drink package ahead of time, do you pay for it all at once? Or is it like the cruise and you can make payments? Thanks!

But I saw this for the cancellation policy on RCI's website for cruise, and I figured if I'm reading this right, that i can order the drink package, and then at the end of my cruise, I can cancel it for a refund, if I check order history for the cruise and determine paying by the drink would have been the better deal (if my wife didn't drink more than 6 per day on average). and if they refund your package price with onboard credit on the last days of the cruise, can I apply that to already purchased shore excursions? Sure they'll charge you then for each drink, so if you were drinking 5 instead of 6 per day, then the savings isn't that big of a deal. But if you lets say you skipped a day or two of drinking, that can be a better deal to just get the onboard credit for your package back, and then just pay the charges individually from the bill.

Food & Beverage

Print This Page

From RCI's website:

Q: Can I cancel or change any of my Wine & Beverage packages?

A: Orders may be modified up to four days before the sail date either online or by calling (800) 398-9819.

Once onboard, the guest may cancel or change their package for onboard credit. However, any consumed items will be charged.

I don't take it that way.

The way I take is that if you've prepaid, you can cancel when you get on, and then that prepayment becomes OBC.

As for the consumed items, it's pointing that if you'd say grabbed a drink when you get on, then went to guest services to cancel, you'd then get charged for that drink that had been given to you under the package.

RCL used to sell beer bags,(got a couple when I used to drink beer)

I got mine for free with 5 beers

Got mine too but the last few cruises I didn't see them being peddled like before. I heard a couple people ask and they were told they had to buy the bag separate. I'm not sure that's fleet wide considering we're talking about the ever so consistently inconsistent RCI. :confused:

I paid about an extra $10. to get the bag, still got it.

I think we got it on the Majesty years ago.:confused:

All I remember was I thought it was a good deal.:D

We all know nothing is truly free but I got the same deal as John. They were pushing them on a cart around the pool deck full of beer and ice. Refills were five beers for the price of four.

• 1 month later...

just got back from freedomOTS the other day.

NO beer bag specials

NO more shooters after dinner

NO way I could've gone a-la-cart as the prices are as absurd.

Went with the $49/day premium package & it was worth it for me. I think it will attract more people to cruising. I have friends that wont cruise because of the bar tabs and only do all-inclusive resorts.

Sadto say that RCCL has seen the last of my money for mixed drinks. We have family that will be going on the next cruise with us and they are moderate drinkers. Can anyone tell me what the cost of a drink pkg is so that I can relay it?

No, this falls under " I'll take the free drinks for being a Diamond member, and save the couple hundred dollars I normally spend". We don't need alcohol to make cruising a great time.

Same here.. have my extra drink on the islands too.

Then they wonder why people are sneaking it on.

When they charge that much ... as for the package some don't drink enough to make it worth it.

We may drink one or two drinks if we are lucky.. well the free one's I dont' drink I will order it and give it to somebody else.

Sadto say that RCCL has seen the last of my money for mixed drinks. We have family that will be going on the next cruise with us and they are moderate drinkers. Can anyone tell me what the cost of a drink pkg is so that I can relay it?

Add 18% per day on to these daily charges. ie: Premium package is 57.82 a day, Ultimate package is 64.90 a day.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf