Farewell Celebrity Century (2 Threads Merged)

C 2 C

It was some kind of very last minute decision but when I saw that great deal with 0 % single supplement, on one of my favorite ships ... I simply had to book it!! :D

Glad I did, interesting itinerary, met nice people and cherry on the cake: I am now Elite Plus at the Captain's Club :cool:

By my calculations - she arrived in Singapore today and is no longer sailing for Celebrity :(

Was only on her once - but she was my first ever cruise. And a grand one at that.

We were on her 5 times. We will miss her.

So sad ... I've lost my favorite Celebrity ship! :(

Guess we'll just have to look for her in port some day. On our recent Holiday Cruise, we encountered Mein Schiff II -- Galaxy's new incarnation -- while docked at St. Kitts. Caused quite a nostalgic buzz, onboard! Funny -- if you look hard, you can still make out the old =X= on her funnel. :cool:

I am currently in the Singapore Changi Airport after a wonderful two weeks on Century's final sailing with Celebrity. It was a really wonderful cruise. The crew members were kind, efficient and fun. I could tell that it was a bittersweet journey for all of them. Some are staying on with the ship after dry dock, as RCL will still be partially staffing the ship for a few years. Otherwise, the crew will all be spread out on different ships. Some of them had been on the Century for years. I thought the ship was in good shape, and I will miss the beautiful classic style and the size.

Farewell Century........I sailed her 1/2 dozen times over the years and

she was also my first Celebrity cruise......she will be missed.

A lot of posters here don't know it, but Lois and I were married on the Century:eek:;):rolleyes:

A lot of posters here don't know it, but Lois and I were married on the Century:eek:;):rolleyes:

Donald, 2 things........I don't think Joni would be too happy about it:eek: and

2nd? I have no plans to ever marry again......the first one was 30 years

ago and that didn't work out.:rolleyes:

Donald, 2 things........I don't think Joni would be too happy about it:eek: and

2nd? I have no plans to ever marry again......the first one was 30 years

ago and that didn't work out.:rolleyes:

LOL!!!!! You're breaking my heart!:p

LOL!!!!! You're breaking my heart!:p

I seriously doubt that........you are lucky you have Joni and you got this

farewell CENTURY thread waaayyy off topic......

Edited by Lois R

It just so happens we were on Century for 4 of our 16 or so Celebrity cruises.

We were so happy to be on her for the last Alaska season and just on her for the next to last cruise, before the dry dock in Singapore. Thanks to the great Captain George and his crew and especially Captain's Club Hostess Jonette and HR Manager Stanvick. Sorry to see her go she is a great ship with a special crew! Richard

I am also sad to see her go, we really enjoyed our cruise on the Century. Did the Solstice a few months later and didn't really like that ship and have no intention of going on her again, but another ship like the Century would tempt me back to Celebrity :) I think my DH and I are smaller, more traditional ship people.

Looks like she has made her final sailing as the Century to the dry dock in Singapore. Next time she sails she'll be called SkySea Golden Era (horrible name!)

I guess that name must appeal to someone... :confused:

I am also sad to see her go, we really enjoyed our cruise on the Century. Did the Solstice a few months later and didn't really like that ship and have no intention of going on her again, but another ship like the Century would tempt me back to Celebrity :) I think my DH and I are smaller, more traditional ship people.

Century's more the old style, traditional Celebrity. Unlike the rest of the fleet, fortunately she didn't get "Solsticised."

Saw her in the harbor in Sydney this past October and recalled that we had sailed on her maiden voyage - NY to Nassau - we weren't allowed to sail her back to Port Everglades because of the Jones Act. The most amazing thing about that cruise was that there was a snow storm in NY on sail away day and they we pushing snow off the balcony down as far as Block Island. I will never forget the view of the Statue of Liberty as we sailed out of New York Harbor.