My Review of Our First and Likely Only Celebrity Cruise on board the Constellation -

zactak

I'm not understanding the reasoning for this being the last cruise on the Constellation (and/or Celebrity) either, except maybe that you just don't like cruising or that your body doesn't? It does seem that you have had an awful time so far but I do not see how it's Celebrity's fault?

Edited by bobsfamily

A number of posts that were not conforming with our Guidelines have been removed.

In case it's been a while since you've reviewed the Guidelines, please take a minute and read through them again including, especially, those pertaining to veering off topic and discussing (opining on) an individual CC member rather than on the topic itself.

Thanks.

Here's a link to our Guidelines.

A number of posts that were not conforming with our Guidelines have been removed.

In case it's been a while since you've reviewed the Guidelines, please take a minute and read through them again including, especially, those pertaining to veering off topic and discussing (opining on) an individual CC member rather than on the topic itself.

Thanks.

Here's a link to our Guidelines.

Thank you for posting this! Some people have just been incredibly rude!!! I think zactak is doing a great job explaining things, not every cruise for every person will be perfect. It's nice to hear about it through his eyes. . .

Zactak, you are a thorough and articulate writer, and I'm really enjoying your review. I especially appreciate your candid nature. I, too will sometimes cry if I feel overwhelmed with frustration. I can also identify with enjoying an all-inclusive vacation too much for my own good (ahem, too much Havana Club on my last trip to Mexico) and not feeling up for a planned excursion.

It sounds like you have an easygoing and supportive partner. Am sure your next vacation together will go much more smoothly.

Can't wait to read the rest of your review!

Edited by law chick

I'm enjoying your review and I think you are very brave to write about your struggles with anxiety and agoraphobia. So many people deal with issues like these yet are reluctant to admit to anything. I'm an anxious person and I know how hard it is to "relax and enjoy" when you're trying to keep yourself together. Fortunately I'm married to the most laid-back guy in the world and he's been able to help me "let it go". I'm looking forward to reading more! BTW - you mentioned the Disney ship and thought about all the children on board - of course there are many - it's Disney after all, but no other line does a better job at having their adult-only areas stay that way. I've been on 2 Disney cruises - and as crazy as it sounds - I saw less children on them than many other cruises. Disney knows how to keep kids busy. Don't ever discount a Disney cruise even if you don't have kids. They are incredible. Anyway....waiting for more!

• 2 weeks later...
Have been looking for the final installments. Well written and was thinking of doing this cruise as well.

Since I don't think he is returning, I will give my input. We did the cruise Mar 21-26, and LOVED it. We are now Celebrity converts, lol. This was my second Celebrity cruise, but, my first one was years ago. I've cruised with Carnival, RCI, Holland, and Princess, over 30 cruises total. Btw, we were in an inside guarantee.

Since I don't think he is returning, I will give my input. We did the cruise Mar 21-26, and LOVED it. We are now Celebrity converts, lol. This was my second Celebrity cruise, but, my first one was years ago. I've cruised with Carnival, RCI, Holland, and Princess, over 30 cruises total. Btw, we were in an inside guarantee.

We did a cruise in 2014, loved it and did one this past Feb... loved it. Both on the Constellation, now we are considering a longer cruise on a S class ship. We have 20 or so cruises behind us and find Celebrity to fit quite nicely!

Me and the other half just want a nice quick cruise. He is 1 (one) point shy of his next level on the Captains club. I have 20 plus cruises on Celeberity already.

I don't know why he would be back after some of the remarks.

I guess what I don't really understand is why would he even post a review to begin with on this board if he was no longer interested in cruising on Celebrity again?

If I am not happy with a place and don't plan on going there again I just let it go, it is not worth my time or effort. If I am solicited for feedback, comments, or review then I will give my opinion, other than that why bother? Writng a unsolicited review that is just about how unhappy you and will never be back doesn't really mean anything because most people view it as a whinner that wants something.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I guess what I don't really understand is why would he even post a review to begin with on this board if he was no longer interested in cruising on Celebrity again?

If I am not happy with a place and don't plan on going there again I just let it go, it is not worth my time or effort. If I am solicited for feedback, comments, or review then I will give my opinion, other than that why bother? Writng a unsolicited review that is just about how unhappy you and will never be back doesn't really mean anything because most people view it as a whinner that wants something.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I look to read both positive and negative reviews so I learn what works and what doesn't. While it is always good to have a positive experience, I understand that we live in the real world and not everything is unicorns and rainbows. Last time I checked, this board was for information and reviews, not just to blow smoke up the rear of the cruise lines. Sorry, just my opinion.

happy cruising

Maybe after reading his list of complaints he realized that they may not have been as worthy of a condemnation of the cruise line as he first thought. I can understand some of his points but aside from the minor billing problem and the MTD beeper foul up most of the problems were not caused by Celebrity.

bosco

If he'd had the chance to continue the review without "interruption", maybe we would have got to the crux of the reason why. Maybe he meant it was his first and last cruise on Constellation, not other Celebrity ships.

I found his posts enlightening regarding his "personal issues" and that he had the courage to put them out there. If he does not come back to continue the saga, it won't ruin my day tho'!

• 1 month later...

We were on Feb. 2 sailing of The Connie and had an enjoyable time. We are booked again in Feb. 2016 for our third sailing on The Connie.

For those with queasy stomachs who live in US go to your local WalMart and buy GINGER pills. Work great for me as I don't like the other products as they make me sleepy and I do not pay all of my hard earned dollars to sleep away my cruise. We also use the SEA BRACELETS espceially on cruises known for rough seas.

you write well...looking forward to the next installment. So far no indication of why it will be your last cruise on Celebrity.

I got this far and now I'll quit. I was hoping for a review of the ship. I was misled

I got this far and now I'll quit. I was hoping for a review of the ship. I was misled

I'm guessing from the signs that posts were removed, some not nice comments were made and the OP decided to stop. A shame because there was a following of folks that were non-judgmental and interested in what the poster had to say.

I fully empathise with breaking down! Planning what you hope is going to be your perfect trip at your suggestion brings a whole level of stress. when things don't go as you planned it's dreadful. This happened to me on an MSC short cruise. It was the end of a reposition 5 days Malaga to Venice. It started off with them having to issue "5" different cards to get into the cabin involving long trips back to reception each time. 2.5 hours later we were in. This was just the start. O/h will not go on any other cruise line now than Celebrity/Cunard. Our issues were all def due to MSC. I'm waiting to see what happened to the O/p but regardless he has my sympathies!