Princess luggage tags

joanne2

Our first Princess cruise and I just printed the luggage tags. Do they really last if you put them on before your flight? I'm used to cardboard with strings or elastic. These seem like they'll be torn off before you pick up the luggage at the airport. Any advice for using them?

We laminate ours.. or you could just use clear packing tape.. and tie wraps..

We don't put them on before a flight.. usually attach them just before turning them over to Princess..

Both these methods work great.

If you put them on before your flight You can always print up extra and attach them at the pier if they happen to be missing by the time you get to the pier.

...I always use two luggage tags: one each for the top and side handles.

Good idea. I also print one extra tag page for each suitcase (even carryons) and place them inside the bags in case the outer tags come off.

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78
spelling

You can also buy clear plastic luggage tag holders online. They work very well, and you don't have to worry if they get wet in the rain. Here's a picture on Amazon of a luggage tag designed for Princess' luggage tags:

http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Tag-Holders-Set/dp/B005DFO530/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1429010119&sr=8-2&keywords=luggage+tags+for+princess+cruises

Be sure to get the large cruise ship luggage holders instead of the smaller ones.

You can also buy clear plastic luggage tag holders online. They work very well, and you don't have to worry if they get wet in the rain. Here's a picture on Amazon of a luggage tag designed for Princess' luggage tags:

http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Tag-Holders-Set/dp/B005DFO530/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1429010119&sr=8-2&keywords=luggage+tags+for+princess+cruises

Be sure to get the large cruise ship luggage holders instead of the smaller ones.

WOW! Thanks for the tip. I ordered mine right away. A little pricey ($16.95 for eight, plus shipping) but worth the piece of mind.

They are also available at the Cruise Critic Storeluggagetag_holder.jpg

Our first Princess cruise and I just printed the luggage tags. Do they really last if you put them on before your flight? I'm used to cardboard with strings or elastic. These seem like they'll be torn off before you pick up the luggage at the airport. Any advice for using them?

Hello, you can also go to Office Depot or office max and have them laminated. I had 12 tag done for $4.50 plus tax. We always put our tags on after we collect our bags at the airport.

Someone posted on a previous thread that they always put the tags on before leaving for the airport. On one of their cruises, the luggage got "lost". By the time they got to the ship, it was "found" and because they had the Princess tags on the luggage was in their cabin when they boarded.

I put a copy of the luggage tag on EVERYTHING. I shrink them on my printer and put one on my cell phone, tablet, camera, full size in my purse and carry-ons. Left my carry-on in the shuttle one time and it got put in with the luggage and brought to the cabin.;)

WOW! Thanks for the tip. I ordered mine right away. A little pricey ($16.95 for eight, plus shipping) but worth the piece of mind.

I looked online to learn how to attach the tag to the luggage and found this video:

It works great, and makes the luggage so much nicer than the stapled, paper tags.

Edited by Mackenzie1

They work suprisingly well. I always put them on after my flight. If we come in a day early for the cruise, you can always borrow a stapler from the hotel desk and put them on just before heading to the ship. If we fly in the day of the cruise, I usually pack a small stapler in my carryon with the luggage tags and put them on at the airport before going to the ship (remembering to stuff the stapler in a checked bag when through with it so no problems at security)

Since American Airlines lost our luggage, we always put one tag on our luggage and leave at least one per bag in reserve for Embarkation Morning.

Over the years, we've had the plastic luggage tag holders ripped off our suitcases. Also, the disembarkation tags have gotten ripped off too.

I like those tag holders with the metal ring.

If you are on a princess cruise tour with the tour first, do you need princess identification on your luggage? I know that once they start moving the luggage between lodges, they give identification to put on the suitcases.

We never put our ship tags on until we get to the destination airport. We also have plastic tag sleeves that we put the paper Princess tags in which protects them.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

There is no need to put them on your flight! You can purchase luggage tag holders from the Cruise Critic Store and put them in there and then on your luggage before getting to ship!:rolleyes: