Positive spin on Dynamic Dining

From the desk of

Michael Bayley

President and CEO of Royal Caribbean International®

Michael Bayley

Thank you for being one of the first to sail onboard Quantum of the Seas. As the newest ship in our fleet, Quantum introduced many new concepts—which, I'm sure, is part of the reason you wanted to be among the first to experience it all. I know that things were not perfect, especially in the first few months of the inaugural season as we worked to refine the experience we set out to deliver. We listened to your feedback and it was clear we had some room to improve, especially with Dynamic Dining.

Many of you liked the flexibility of Dynamic Dining, but encountered issues with making reservations. Others simply wanted the more traditional dining experience to which they were accustomed on other ships. I assure you that we learn more with every sailing and with every comment we receive, and I'm pleased to announce that we've come up with a way to satisfy diners in either camp. Now, our more traditional diners can choose Dynamic Dining Classic, a new option that gives you the familiarity of traditional main dining by having the same dining times nightly, same waiters and same table companions throughout the cruise. And those of you who liked Dynamic Dining can enjoy even more flexibility and improved service throughout the experience, with Dynamic Dining Choice. We've already received a lot of positive feedback about these new options, and I can't wait to hear how you like it once you experience it for yourself.

As a gesture of goodwill and a thank you for your loyalty to Royal Caribbean, I invite you to come back and try the new and improved Dynamic Dining on our newest ship, Anthem of the Seas, and enjoy a gift of $100 in onboard credit per stateroom when you secure your booking in May.

OR maybe Anthem isn't selling well because of DD?

Email came out of the blue. I assume everyone that cruised the Quantum got one

No email here....and we were on Quantum for both the Nov 23 and Dec 1 cruises. In the email Mr Bayley says "And those of you who liked Dynamic Dining can enjoy even more flexibility and improved service throughout the experience, with Dynamic Dining Choice." Curious what this is???

No email here....and we were on Quantum for both the Nov 23 and Dec 1 cruises. In the email Mr Bayley says "And those of you who liked Dynamic Dining can enjoy even more flexibility and improved service throughout the experience, with Dynamic Dining Choice." Curious what this is???

Dynamic Dining "Choice" is the new name for the original Dynamic Dining.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6174

Dynamic dining = New Coke

Disagree. I love the DD concept and hope it is implemented by the time I sail Oasis this December. I'll choose the Dynamic Dining Choice.

As Michael's letter states, for those who prefer a more traditional dining experience they offer Dynamic Dining Classic. I think that is great.

But either way...there is no "formal nights" on the ship which is what I like best about the change to DD.

I got the email too, and I was on the inaugural, but $100 OBC isn't going to get me to go on Anthem. Not at the prices RCI is getting. My remaining 2 cruises booked with RCI are now double in cost. I'm glad I have them paid off already.

Anyway, dining choices is a personal preference. Some like Dynamic Dining, some don't. We did not like it, and if we were to sail on a ship with the concept, we will be happy to sign up for Dynamic Dining Classic.

We were on the December 1st sailing and did not get the email. But then, RCI can't seem to find us regardless of how many times we sign up for emails, unless it is to do a post-cruise survey. Somehow, we get multiple emails from Celebrity - which we have never before sailed.

Edited by kccrzr

"And those of you who liked Dynamic Dining can enjoy even more flexibility and improved service throughout the experience, with Dynamic Dining Choice."

So what's meant by "even more flexibility"? What changed?

Edited by time4u2go

Disagree. I love the DD concept and hope it is implemented by the time I sail Oasis this December. I'll choose the Dynamic Dining Choice.

As Michael's letter states, for those who prefer a more traditional dining experience they offer Dynamic Dining Classic. I think that is great.

But either way...there is no "formal nights" on the ship which is what I like best about the change to DD.

I'm glad you like the New DD, truly, but I think you missed my point. I merely was drawing a rather amusing comparison between the circumstances. A market leading company introduces an innovative product "New Coke". It is wildly unpopular with the market, said company has to quickly reintroduce the original product calling it "Classic". It hasn't been that long since DD has been out and RCI has already reintroduced "Dining Classic". I'm still chuckling.

We were on the Dec 1st sailing. My DW got the email, I did not.

No explanation on how to get the credit, and what it is or isn't combinable with.

Would have been nice if it could be used on any ship with Dynamic Dining, not just the Anthem, and not just on new bookings.

We were on the December 1st sailing and did not get the email. But then, RCI can't seem to find us regardless of how many times we sign up for emails, unless it is to do a post-cruise survey. Somehow, we get multiple emails from Celebrity - which we have never before sailed.

Yep, we have problems getting RCL emails. Get X and Princess almost daily....tried to get them sent for years. Have not been on Celebrity or Princess..........

They will come from RCL for a bit and then none for ages again.:confused:

Edited by CVU

I look forward to DD. we will be on Freedom this May. I was hoping to try it. Truthfully I get bored easy so this sounds like a new adventure . Not the same ol"

I like that RCCL is listening now if they find a way to offer reduced prices on cocktails

Honestly I be willing to pay extra 50.00 per day in our total price and have cocktails. But I hate the idea of paying so much for drinks or packages. I only drink 2 or 3 per day

I'm often considering crystal that includes it all.

I'll be anxious to read the reviews on DD sounds like a nice change

Dining seems to be really up in the air for now.

They are going to try and roll out a new form of it on the Anthem as I understand it. More like rotational dining.

I've still not come to understand what DD really is.

Just booked Oasis for next Jan. Dining is completely up in the air at this point. Haha

We are signed up for Dynamic Dining Choice on Harmony of the Seas in March 2017. Hopefully they will have it all fixed by then. :D

I think you are dreaming. One of the inherent problems with Dynamic Dining is a more limited menu. Each restaurant has a limited menu and even if you wanted to visit a specific restaurant multiple time during a cruise, you may end up having the same selection each night. Good Luck

I think you are dreaming. One of the inherent problems with Dynamic Dining is a more limited menu. Each restaurant has a limited menu and even if you wanted to visit a specific restaurant multiple time during a cruise, you may end up having the same selection each night. Good Luck

How often does the menu in you local restaurant change??

I hardly call 8 choices of entrée, on a menu that changes twice a week 'limited'.

There were times the MDR menu had nothing on that I wanted, where as with these menus I am spoilt for choice. JMHO.

Edited by little britain

I've still not come to understand what DD really is.

Think if you were on holiday in Vegas instead of living there. You go to a different restaurant every night, possibly at different times because you're going to a show or whatever.

That's pretty much it, except you can book all your restaurants in advance if you wish......

I'm really surprised there are still a couple of folks that are still beating the "I HATESES DD!! DD IS FROM THE DEVIL!!!" drum.

Two couples I know recently did a DD cruise and said they saw no one complaining and DD was working perfectly. They aren't big cruisers, but they are smart human beings who would notice if people were revolting, flipping tables in disgust, and screaming about how DD was ruining the youth of today!

The company seems to be actively ironing out the problems and this isn't going away.

ETA: this seems to be more of an internet message board problem than a real life problem.

Edited by poncho1973