Dawn ran aground while leaving Bermuda?

alligeek

really? I have it cranked up and all I hear is the wind, engines and an occasional horn.

I suspect it all depends on the wind direction. While I can't currently hear on-ship noises, in the past I've also been able to hear the deck music and announcements.

Last Friday as the Breakaway departed, I was hearing every song being played.

I suspect it all depends on the wind direction. While I can't currently hear on-ship noises, in the past I've also been able to hear the deck music and announcements.

Last Friday as the Breakaway departed, I was hearing every song being played.

It was great to hear the captain! DING DONG, and then a thickly accented deep voice started saying something :)

Well then you agree with me

Btw...earshot is different than eyeshot

Even in this day an age being stranded is no fun so it is a good thing if another large cruiser is in very close range

Disagree all you want but it was a good thing for the rccl ship to hang around just in case regardless

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm pretty sure that radios allow you to hear things over great distances, so earshot probably works better than eyeshot ;)

Yep, you're probably right. All of the mariners with years of experience and the local authorities ought to hire you so you can properly advise them! :P

I'm not going to screenshot someone's account, but I count 7+ news channels, bloggers, etc. that tweeted AT her asking to do an interview and she said yes. Why does this make her a bad person again? I was grateful for her interview last night - she dispelled the whole power loss rumor.

Some people just enjoy making others look bad. Never have understood that :confused:

People can't help it if the media are interested in what they have to say. It's nice when they find someone who can just give the facts without dramatizing things. I'm always annoyed when TV stations manage to find that one person to say they were in fear for their lives and start demanding free cruises if the power goes out for 5 minutes.

I'm pretty sure that radios allow you to hear things over great distances, so earshot probably works better than eyeshot ;)

Yep, you're probably right. All of the mariners with years of experience and the local authorities ought to hire you so you can properly advise them! :P

And luvtheships has been able to do all of this while being out of both eye shot and ear shot. Just think what luvtheships could do if (s)he was actually on the ship?

1PM has come and gone and she's still tied up. Maybe she's on island time:confused::D

LOL! Island time. I'm inclined to think what Royal Gazette published earlier may indeed be fact that she's not going anywhere until later. They also couldn't hold the passengers captive while they did the ship inspection this morning so I wonder if some are doddling around the island and did not get back on time. Can't exactly leave without them since the ship is technically not supposed to be there anyway.... or can they? :eek::D

Ceo of Norwegian is onboard. We are cleared to leave by 3 and should be home on time.

That sounds great - wishing you a safe travel home, without any unwelcome incidents. :)

My very first NCL cruise was actually on the Dawn, back in March 2003.

Edited by TrumpyNor

I'm not going to screenshot someone's account, but I count 7+ news channels, bloggers, etc. that tweeted AT her asking to do an interview and she said yes. Why does this make her a bad person again? I was grateful for her interview last night - she dispelled the whole power loss rumor.

No one said she's a bad person. It's just funny ... people like their 5 minutes of fame. it's human nature.

Ceo of Norwegian is onboard. We are cleared to leave by 3 and should be home on time.

Would that be our much loved (sarcasm :rolleyes:) Frank Del Rio, CEO of NCLH or COO Andy Stuart? :)

Have a safe trip back to Boston! :)

I will let Anderson Cooper know you're coming! ;):rolleyes: