Dawn ran aground while leaving Bermuda?

alligeek

I don't recall... does NCL or Celebrity typically dock first at King's Wharf? I know I've seen Celebrity leave first.

Was just wondering if having the Summit in its place poses any additional obstacles when docking.

I think most of the people on the pier are passengers waiting to get back on board. If it was me, I would be enjoying a cool "special" beverage somewhere and not fight all that...Anyone want to join?

I think most of the people on the pier are passengers waiting to get back on board. If it was me, I would be enjoying a cool "special" beverage somewhere and not fight all that...Anyone want to join?

But the buffet is on the ship :p

They hungary and want a late lunch :)

I think it would be pretty much all passengers watching.

Oh I would so take that fame ...."And I'd like to take this moment to give a shout out to my peeps on cruise critic...this is going to be one hell of a review/report when I get back" ...and frantically wave at the cameras. :D

Yah another review coming our way!!

Enjoy your cruise!! :)

Yup. Let's hit the Frog and Onion Pub for some cold ones!!!

We're on the GEM in 2012, less than a week after Sandy & sailed NY-Caribbean head-on into a Noreaster storm & blasted our way out of it - about 15 hours in near hurricane conditions with strong gale force wind, effective ship speed for 24.5 to 25+ kn as indicated on ships' live NAV Channel - that was a "fun" ride and we had a porthole on deck 4 that time. Up until then, we've previously sailed no faster than 23 kn but "normally" cruise a little slower - for fuel economy purposes and a smoother ride for most pax.

Oh, you were going that slow. ;) When we were on the Jewel sailing between Hurricane Sandy and the coast, we had Sandy pushing us to an effective 28 kn. We were booking, to get out of the heavy chop - and we broke through at just after 2AM the next morning.

Edited by Snowrose

Yup. Let's hit the Frog and Onion Pub for some cold ones!!!

Count me in! If anyone is watching the webcam, the line to get back on is as long as the ship!!!

Edited by rayison

Nothing wrong with the compensation offered although I am sure their will be plenty of negatives about this too! Just glad this was nothing more serious.

"Statement #3 on Norwegian Dawn

Miami - May 20, 2015 ---

On Wednesday, May 20, a thorough assessment of Norwegian Dawn was completed by Norwegian's technical operations team, an independent dive team, and DNVGL inspectors, representing the ship's classification society, while the ship was alongside in Heritage Wharf, Bermuda. The team confirmed the structural integrity of the ship and the technical issue which caused the steering malfunction was identified and corrected. The ship is expected to be cleared to depart Bermuda at 3pm today and resume sailing to Boston, and is expected to arrive on Friday as scheduled. Norwegian Dawn's next voyage will depart as scheduled on May 22.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and greatly appreciate our guests' understanding. All guests sailing on the current voyage will receive a future cruise credit of 15% of their cruise fare to use towards a future Norwegian cruise"

Edited by mommyto2girls

Miami - May 20, 2015 ---

On Wednesday, May 20, a thorough assessment of Norwegian Dawn was completed by Norwegian's technical operations team, an independent dive team, and DNVGL inspectors, representing the ship's classification society, while the ship was alongside in Heritage Wharf, Bermuda. The team confirmed the structural integrity of the ship and the technical issue which caused the steering malfunction was identified and corrected. The ship is expected to be cleared to depart Bermuda at 3pm today and resume sailing to Boston, and is expected to arrive on Friday as scheduled. Norwegian Dawn's next voyage will depart as scheduled on May 22.

As I thought, the steering issue had not been fixed until today.

Nothing wrong with the compensation offered although I am sure their will be plenty of negatives about this too!

Miami - May 20, 2015 ---

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and greatly appreciate our guests' understanding. All guests sailing on the current voyage will receive a future cruise credit of 15% of their cruise fare to use towards a future Norwegian cruise"

That's great she's arriving on time and leaving on the 22nd as scheduled.

Edited by adjjb12