Constellation med white night?

mugwood

I haven't done a Med cruise, but 8 of my 11 cruises (TA's, Bermuda and various Caribbean) have had a "white night" theme on them.

My Connie TA to Rome this spring had one, Summit has one called Frozen where they really do decorate and immerse folks in it. Did that one 2 times last summer to Bermuda, and again in January out of San Juan.

Normally it's just a night around the pool deck late evening, not well attended, but Frozen on Summit was in the Sky Lounge, and well attend ended.

Ok, we are not cruise newbies...but what is a "white night"... Is that where you just wear white clothes or? :confused:

Thanks...never heard of this. That is why I love CC...always something new to learn and enjoy...

White clothes, at least a white top or sun dress (gals)...to dinner and later for the party...lots of fun if staff and pax join in!!

We've had them...hit or miss, soft announcement in the daily.....on Cunard they list all special events in cruise docs they send youm so you can come prepared!

best white nights were in Greece on the pool deck...great party..

also inside on Mercury with mini light show balloons, face paint for kiddies, dessert buffet .... very festive, then into late hrs for the adults.....miss that ship!

Edited by hcat

Have never had a white night party on any of our Celebrity cruises or any other line. On Costa they had a toga night.

Looking forward to Azamara in a couple of months because they do have white night parties.

Edited by ozark74

I've been on 13 cruises with various cruiselines and have never heard of a White Night party. X is our favorite cruiseline and the one we've cruised the most. What have we been missing? You just wear white and then what? Stand/sit around and have a drink and that's it?

I've been on 13 cruises with various cruiselines and have never heard of a White Night party. X is our favorite cruiseline and the one we've cruised the most. What have we been missing? You just wear white and then what? Stand/sit around and have a drink and that's it?

Pretty much as you described.

No big deal to me, just culling my packing requirements.

Azamara's White Nights are excellent. They hold them on evenings when the ship is in port until late and providing the weather is ok they'll have a BBQ and food on deck and set up dining tables al fresco. The Cruise Director and entertainment cast then put on a singing/dance show on the pool stage and get guests up to dance. Great fun. Lots of work setting it up on deck.

Phil