New Celebrity Bundle Pricing (Go! Big, Go! Better, Go! Best)

Charles4515

It's interesting what is the more important of the 4 perks offered under BBB to different folks. For me personally, the internet pkg is of zero value. That's not saying it's a bad deal. Just for me personally, it's of no value. For those who like to, or need to stay connected, it's a good thing.

When I go on a 7 day cruise, the last thing I want to think about or deal with is connecting to the internet.

We would always take the premium package and the unlimited internet. The only benefit of the better package seems to be the internet. If you get a package each currently even with the Elite + discount it is $388.70 for 7 nights and $453.70 for 14 nights for the 2 of us (in practice we normally take one package and share it, but you can only have 1 logged on at a time). The better option costs $210 for 7 nights for 2 people and $420 for 14 nights. Again the savings are very much tilted towards the shorter cruise length.
Edited by AtleeH

It's interesting what is the more important of the 4 perks offered under BBB to different folks. For me personally, the internet pkg is of zero value. That's not saying it's a bad deal. Just for me personally, it's of no value. For those who like to, or need to stay connected, it's a good thing.

When I go on a 7 day cruise, the last thing I want to think about or deal with is connecting to the internet.

Similar and any internet that I do need is on shore with free wifi.:D

I agree about the internet. They have really marked it up as they know some people can't do without it.

BUT the cynical me says that....

Their overpriced internet package is only a ploy so they can advertise the "so called savings" in this promotion.

Another observation on the current comparison of the BBB deals to what people have already booked. I don't think it is a fair comparison because despite what people said about the 1,2,3 go perks not being "free" they were certainly a great deal compared to other cruise line prices in similar classes of ship when you factored in the cost of each perk.

A better comparison on how good a deal the BBB is/or isn't would be to look at the cabin cost of Celebrity and compare it to the same cabin category on a same/similar itinerary and per day rate to say RCL, Princess and HAL and add on the cost (or the value to you) of the perks.

I am afraid I need to keep in touch with work and spend a spell each day - Usually around 6am - on the balcony keeping up to date and farming out emails to be dealt with.

Roll on the time when I don't need to do it but it is just part of being in business.

I understand your needs and was not trying to make light of them. My point was that Celebrity charge way overs for the service. Check out Royal prices for internet. $29 per device per day on a day today rate and as cheep as $10 per day per device if you take out a 2 device package for the whole cruise. What is Celebrities cost per device for the whole cruise? $37 per day or something?

That's right. Another crazy thing they do is charge by a range of days rather than so much per day. So when you are at the higher numbers of each range it is cheaper per day.

Sort of the reverse of their ridiculous OBC offer for the BBB fares in which you pay by the day but get the same OBC regardless of cruise length.

I like Celebrity but really wonder about the thought process of their execs who come up with these ideas.

With elite plus discount it is $16.20 a day over 14 nights $27.76 over 7 nights

And on the prices I saw on Quantum if the 2 of you were D+ and you wanted a device each you would have to pay $140 - $60 D+ discount, so $80 which is $40 each for 7 days. So less than $6 PP a day.

For 14 days it would be $280 - $60 so $220 or $110 each for 14 days. So less than $8 pp per day.

So that is a quarter of the price for 7 days and a half for 14.

That's a BIG mark up.

See why I am cynical when they make this a big part of the savings on their advertising.

We also like Celebrity. We have done 9 cruises with them since 2012 and have another 6 booked. This is just a continuation of repackaging the same thing in a different way. I always go back to our first cruise where we just booked the cruise, in AQ and it cost £2880 for 2 weeks. We added the beverage package which was around £1000. As long as I get the 14 nights with a beverage pack for around £3,900 I am ok with however they parcel it up.

We would always upgrade the drink pack, take the internet over and above that so if factoring that in makes it a little up or down it doesn't matter in the bisg scheme of things.

I definitely understand that. No internet needs is certainly one of the pluses of being retired. Of course one of the down sides to being retired is I'll get to the point of not being able to cruise long before you will, either due to physical reasons or fiscal reasons.

I am afraid I need to keep in touch with work and spend a spell each day - Usually around 6am - on the balcony keeping up to date and farming out emails to be dealt with.

Roll on the time when I don't need to do it but it is just part of being in business.

I definitely understand that. No internet needs is certainly one of the pluses of being retired. Of course one of the down sides to being retired is I'll get to the point of not being able to cruise long before you will, either due to physical reasons or fiscal reasons.

Hopefully not for a very long time

I agree about the internet. They have really marked it up as they know some people can't do without it.

BUT the cynical me says that....

Their overpriced internet package is only a ploy so they can advertise the "so called savings" in this promotion.

This also could explain the sudden increase in the drink packages purchased on board.

Another observation on the current comparison of the BBB deals to what people have already booked. I don't think it is a fair comparison because despite what people said about the 1,2,3 go perks not being "free" they were certainly a great deal compared to other cruise line prices in similar classes of ship when you factored in the cost of each perk.

A better comparison on how good a deal the BBB is/or isn't would be to look at the cabin cost of Celebrity and compare it to the same cabin category on a same/similar itinerary and per day rate to say RCL, Princess and HAL and add on the cost (or the value to you) of the perks.

You hit the nail on the head. I compared my 123 go all inclusive deal with an itinerary on Princess. They were charging just about the same price that I'm paying for a C2 with 3 perks as an obstructed balcony on one of the new ships.Princess has arrived late to the party. They are now offering a Sip and Sail promotion. It's still isn't the same as the 123 all inclusive deal I booked

With other cruise lines now offering some type of alcohol perk/package, I wonder if a number of more recent Celebrity fans will be returning back or moving to other lines...

hope other lines "borrow" the Miami DJs ....

With other cruise lines now offering some type of alcohol perk/package, I wonder if a number of more recent Celebrity fans will be returning back or moving to other lines...

hope other lines "borrow" the Miami DJs ....

Love Celebrity cruises but very tempted to sail the Norwegian Breakaway to Bermuda as a last minute cruise at the end of August. The rate is much less than Celebrity and includes either beverage package or Dining Package.

Love Celebrity cruises but very tempted to sail the Norwegian Breakaway to Bermuda as a last minute cruise at the end of August. The rate is much less than Celebrity and includes either beverage package or Dining Package.

We ran into a guy in the drugstore at the mall who was on the breakaway in Bermuda while we were on the Summit. He was buying ginger beer for his kids because he said the ship was charging him $5.00 for one can. :eek:

I can't imagine how much they charge for "adult beverages".

I guess I am arriving pretty late on this thread. I ignored it as it doesn't apply here until later.

According to my calculations if I were to do the "Best" thing for a 14 night cruise it costs $1260 and it saves me $1,277.25 (I get 35% discount on the internet and we usually travel in some sort of suite).

If I book a regular cabin it costs me $80

It is better for a 7 night cruise as the OBC is the same and the internet saving per day is more.

I don't see why anyone would do the "Best" option for a 14 night cruise with that massive saving.

On the basis that most are likely to take the Classic Beverage package as pick one that leaves you paying $15 a day on the "better" option to get either $15 obc or gratuities at either $11.50 up to $15 a day. Who is going to do that!!

Have I missed something out from these calculation?

One small correction. Suite Gratuities are now $16.45/day, so the $15 daily "go better" surcharge could be of some limited value.

Jane

We ran into a guy in the drugstore at the mall who was on the breakaway in Bermuda while we were on the Summit. He was buying ginger beer for his kids because he said the ship was charging him $5.00 for one can. :eek:

I can't imagine how much they charge for "adult beverages".

I have cruised both the Summit and the Breakaway so I know what to expect. We did get some drinks on the the Breakaway and I don't remember they were too outrageous. Would love to do Summit again but Breakaway Balcony will be $1000 than Aqua Class on Summit. I know this isn't a direct comparison but Breakaway comes with dinner package.

One of the great things about Outlook is signing on, downloading all your messages and signing off. They I can respond at my leisure, sign back on and upload my responses. With 180 minutes between the 2 of us, we can make it through.

If I just used my Google account, I couldn't do that. I would have to stay connected. Does anyone one know if there is a preference you can set that downloads the entire message like Outlook?

One of the great things about Outlook is signing on, downloading all your messages and signing off. They I can respond at my leisure, sign back on and upload my responses. With 180 minutes between the 2 of us, we can make it through.

If I just used my Google account, I couldn't do that. I would have to stay connected. Does anyone one know if there is a preference you can set that downloads the entire message like Outlook?

Have you thought about an email client like Mozilla Thunderbird. It's a stand alone program that can be set to go to all your email servers and download the messages. It's free and by the same people that make the browser FireFox.

• 2 months later...

Hello all!

Wow now it's confusion. We book a 10 nighter for Nov 2016 concierge class and got the 1,2,3 go promo. Enough on that one. I think!

About a month ago we booked another A 9 nighter in Feb 2016 with an inside room with no perks but and ov opened up and we grabbed it to get the drink package. Under the big better best promotion.

Why would you change to big better best from 123 go? Or am I missing something? So with big better best as long as you book an ov on up you basically are paying for these perks. Rate of room goes up and they tell you that you get perks.we got classic drink pkg on both cruises. Don't know if there is a difference. This seems really confusing and potential mess for bar tenders. You order a vodka 7 up off classic pkg had them your card and that's it?I don't like the idea that if you order something more than $8 with classic pkg you pay for the total of the more expensive drink...sorry if I muddied the waters. Need some help..

This seems really confusing and potential mess for bar tenders. You order a vodka 7 up off classic pkg had them your card and that's it? I don't like the idea that if you order something more than $8 with classic pkg you pay for the total of the more expensive drink...sorry if I muddied the waters. Need some help..

This has always been the case with the Classic Pkg. If you order a drink above the amount alloted, you pay the full price. With the Premium Pkg., you just pay the difference between alloted price and full price.

If you have Classic Pkg, you just let the bartender know you have Classic pkg. He/she will let you know if what you ordered is or is not part of the Classic Pkg.

Hello all!

Wow now it's confusion. We book a 10 nighter for Nov 2016 concierge class and got the 1,2,3 go promo. Enough on that one. I think!

About a month ago we booked another A 9 nighter in Feb 2016 with an inside room with no perks but and ov opened up and we grabbed it to get the drink package. Under the big better best promotion.

Why would you change to big better best from 123 go? Or am I missing something? So with big better best as long as you book an ov on up you basically are paying for these perks. Rate of room goes up and they tell you that you get perks.we got classic drink pkg on both cruises. Don't know if there is a difference. This seems really confusing and potential mess for bar tenders. You order a vodka 7 up off classic pkg had them your card and that's it?I don't like the idea that if you order something more than $8 with classic pkg you pay for the total of the more expensive drink...sorry if I muddied the waters. Need some help..

If you have Classic Pkg, you just let the bartender know you have Classic pkg. He/she will let you know if what you ordered is or is not part of the Classic Pkg.

To me, the premium package is hugely overpriced. But if I'm getting the classic as a perk, it may be worth it to upgrade it.

Hello all!

Why would you change to big better best from 123 go? Or am I missing something? So with big better best as long as you book an ov on up you basically are paying for these perks. Rate of room goes up and they tell you that you get perks.we got classic drink pkg on both cruises. Need some help..

Muddied waters is now the name of the game with X. Now that you have Go Big, you have to decide if it makes sense to Go Better. If you pay the $15. per day to go better with $300 OBC on a 5 night cruise, you come out ahead. On your 10 night cruise, you would not. You have to look at all the angles before deciding which way to go.

It was all so much simpler with 123 Go.