Summit a/c Help!

NJtraveler

Hi Everyone, I'm booked on Summit on 8/16. Been reading about poor a/c on Summit. Someone posted it is 10 degrees too warm. Does this mean the cabins will only cool to 80, not 70? I will not be able to deal with this in August. Thinking about switching to Breakaway. HELP!

We had no problems on the Summit either in our stateroom or generally around the ship. Could be room specific. I suggest you do a search for your actual room and see if it is mentioned as having problems.

We didn't have any problems either on our June 21st cruise.

Actually, the day we ate brunch in the MDR, we both thought it was freezing. Couldn't wait to finish eating and get out of there.

Rendezvous Lounge was another area that was much too cool.

We were on Summit, 5/31-6/7, and had no problems with temperature control, either in our cabins (9110,9112,9114) or elsewhere on the ship.

We will be on the 7/12 Summit cruise and are staying in cabins 9112 & 9114. How did you like them, as far as the physical condition of the cabins and did you hear any noise from the buffet area above? Also how is the view from the balcony on those cabins, as far as the overhang or any obstructions? Thanks in advance.

We will be on the 7/12 Summit cruise and are staying in cabins 9112 & 9114. How did you like them, as far as the physical condition of the cabins and did you hear any noise from the buffet area above? Also how is the view from the balcony on those cabins, as far as the overhang or any obstructions? Thanks in advance.

9112 and 9114 are quiet cabins...no noise from above which is carpeted. The overhang is the overhang...you won't get much sun but you have a great view unless you want to look directly up (or use a GPS).

On A/C....every plane and ship I've been on has different temperatures...sometimes too hot, sometimes too cold....and as far as my wife is concerned, they should change the thermostats every five minutes because she is always too hot or too cold (women can identify with this). There is always someone in charge who makes the decision on temperature. If you have a problem, mention it to someone but expect that for everyone that wants the temperature turned down, someone else thinks the room is already too cold.

IMPO I would book with Norwegian Breakaway! Sorry but after cruising on Summit last week I am very sorry now I didn't go with the Breakaway.

I opted for an available aft cabin on Summit and without that the cruise would have been a very bad experience for us.

Many people have different opinions on what they experienced, but for us

(experienced cruisers/world travelers) we felt that the Summit was in need

of a lot of repairs and updates....and the food was not good. A/C was fluctuating throughout the ship...elevators were warm, MDR was warm, cabin

was cranked to the coolest we could get it and it was barely making it cool...if you opened the balcony door the temp went back up immediately.

I did notice black mold on the trim of the patio doors on the aft cabin....wasn't impressed that it had not been taken care of, and I only noticed on the last day

as I wasn't looking for such things, or I would have called guest services about it.

Carpets did smell, and there was a leak on the ceiling above the poached egg

station, and they had to close it off for repairs. Complete loss of power all over the ship while in Bermuda for approx. 20 mins, made me nervous about the sail back, if we were going to make it. The water was brown in the tap and guest services told us it was undrinkable...funny they didn't mention that

at the beginning of the week when I was drinking it and brushing my teeth with it. Could have posted a notice on the mirror saying drink bottle water only, but they didn't. I did have tummy problems all week :(

My husband also food something not very nice in his potato salad

that put us both off.:eek: ...glad it was on the last day otherwise I would have left the ship in Bermuda.

I will NOT sail with Celebrity again, as I felt their standards had dropped a lot

and that they were cutting back on the quality of the food etc.

I feel most people go for the buffets for the quantity not the quality of the food

(which we are very picky about) and maybe they enjoyed what they got, we however did not!

We were on the Summit in May in a deck 9 Aqua cabin. Had no problem. We were on a new ship, the Europa2 in Dec. Much nicer however that cost 600 pp day for a regular cabin, Summit was 250pp day, what do you expect.

Edited by hypercafe

We just returned from the 6/28 sailing on the Summit. There were at times when you felt they needed to make the ship cooler. We never had a problem with the temp in our cabin, always nice and cold. I have sailed The Breakaway, and this was our second time on the Summit. I would not hesitate to sail on the Summit again. We were a group of 10, all thought the food was much better than The Breakaway. The crew, cruise director was also much better than what we experienced on The Breakaway.

Just my opinion....:)

Hi, I was on the 6/28 sailing. I tend to need lots of a/c and I was 15 weeks pregnant on the cruise. The only room that I thought was warm was the main dining room, but it did not bother me. It was def not too hot and my husband did wear his jacket during dinner. The cabin was fine. We had the ac at two notches down at we were cool at night.

I sailed on the Breakaway in October 2013 and have to say my husband and I did not care for the ship...our mini suite was..shall I say, "mini"...actually, the bathroom was very nice. Seriously, I'm not in the room that long...anyway, we found the room steward to be overworked to the point that the room was dusty. When asking for ice for our room on several days, we were told they were busy. The food was not the best..especially the steak..I could go on and on.:mad:

We've sailed several times on NCL and never felt the way we do about the Breakaway. Celebrity, on the other hand, has become our new favorite cruise line. :)

Hi Everyone, I'm booked on Summit on 8/16. Been reading about poor a/c on Summit. Someone posted it is 10 degrees too warm. Does this mean the cabins will only cool to 80, not 70? I will not be able to deal with this in August. Thinking about switching to Breakaway. HELP!

Aren't you past final payment? Based on the above comments, the cabin A/C seems to be OK. It could be an expensive switch to Breakaway.

We had to actually turn down the ac in our room at night. I wouldn't worry about it....we had a lot of sun in our room from the balcony and never experienced a problem with the room being too warm.

If you read all the posts, most people are not saying it's too warm.

I was on the 6/28 sailing too. I have to agree, it was warm. Especially in the main dining room. We had select dining and we were On the top floor and it was very warm. Our cabin on deck 6 fine. Not too warm.

It did not run our cruise. We had a great time. Would book the Summit again.

We were on the 6/28 sailing and it definitely was a bit too warm. We were on deck 6 towards the back of the ship and we had the a/c on the coolest setting but were still warm. Some of the public areas were also warm. This is really the only complaint we had.

With respect to the brown water, one of the sinks in the bathroom ran light brown for a minute or two when we returned to the ship following the apparent power outage. This certainly didn't ruin an otherwise terrific cruise.

We thought the upper level right side of the MDR was way too hot! I was actually sweating during dinner.

The room was passable. I would think the lower 70's. I like it cooler than that. I would think it would be a problem in August.

I didn't find it too cool anywhere on the ship.

Disclaimer:

I am always warm. I have never felt cold on an airplane. I put the air vent on to make it cooler.

You would be willing to lose 75% of what you paid for this cruise because of A/C? It sounds like you should not have a problem based on what most are saying here. That one cruiser who reported A/C problems could have had a cabin specific problem. In all my cruises on M-Class ships, I have never had a problem with A/C in the cabin.

Admittedly, the Breakaway is a much newer ship, but think about the $$ the change would cost you.