Best Port for "Trash the Dress?"

We are getting married back home and going on a RC cruise for our honeymoon. I want to do a "Trash the Dress" shoot at one of our port stops, but I am having trouble deciding on which port would work the best. Also, does RC do photography off the boat if I hire one, or would I be responsible for finding a photographer at that port?

It's where you destroy your wedding dress by wearing it into the ocean, or rolling in mud...or something like that......I don't understand destroying something that is probably perfectly good. Someone, somewhere would be happy to have it.

Yes...if you want professional documentation of this "event" you'll need to hire your own photog.

which ship and what are the ports?

Just a guess, but I am thinking you probably can arrange to hire one of the ship's photographers (since they do onboard private shoots for a fee). It can't hurt to inquire...the worst is that they say no (and perhaps from there, they can recommend a photographer in the port.)

Edited by DonnaK

I have never understood the charm in doing "Trash the Dress" either. I suppose the people who are doing this to their dress either (a) bought a dress for a price that they don't mind trashing it, (b) have no regard for the fact that someone spent a lot of money on the dress and don't care, or © have obscene amounts of money and resources.

I understand that you are not going to wear the dress again, but why destroy it? For the price I paid for mine, I would rather not trash it.

Why not start a new "trend"?

Instead of trashing a dress in a port/country that is undoubtedly poorer than the US, see if you can donate it to a young woman soon to be married in that country? With today's social media reach, it should be easy to find someone.

I would much rather see pictures of someone doing that, than just trashing what others would consider a heaven-sent, and very worthwhile, gift.

Just a thought.

Why not start a new "trend"?

Instead of trashing a dress in a port/country that is undoubtedly poorer than the US, see if you can donate it to a young woman soon to be married in that country? With today's social media reach, it should be easy to find someone.

I would much rather see pictures of someone doing that, than just trashing what others would consider a heaven-sent, and very worthwhile, gift.

Just a thought.

Beautiful idea!

Or even donate it somewhere in your own country. Even in a first-world country there are people who cannot afford dream dresses and would love to have one to wear for their wedding.

The only trash the dress I have ever seen was the bonfire that my brother started with the wedding dress his cheating fiance was supposed to wear at their wedding 3 weeks later. The bonfire was the kickoff for the thank god you are still a bachelor party. About a month later, my brother and all his groomsmen went to Las Vegas on the money he got from selling the massive engagement ring.:D

The OP isn't asking what she should do with her dress....to each his own, if she wants to trash it so be it ....get off her jock .

OP ....more info is needed to give ideas as to where the best place is to do this.

Edited by Midwestgal

the only trash the dress i have ever seen was the bonfire that my brother started with the wedding dress his cheating fiance was supposed to wear at their wedding 3 weeks later. The bonfire was the kickoff for the thank god you are still a bachelor party. About a month later, my brother and all his groomsmen went to las vegas on the money he got from selling the massive engagement ring.:d

love it!!!!!

Totally wasn't expecting these kinds of responses. I am paying 100% for my own wedding, and while I don't mind helping others out (always giving money to charity), this is just something that I have chosen to do. I'm not budgeting much for a dress, so it's not like my parents are paying $10,000 for a dress. At that point, it would turn into their business, not mine.

We haven't picked a cruise itinerary yet, but were thinking of either doing an Eastern or Western Caribbean one.

Subscribed to this. Sounds a fab idea. We already have our wedding booked in Finland and a Caribbean cruise for our honeymoon. Planned on having a snowball fight in Lapland after we tie the knot but something on a beach sounds fab too!

Subscribed to this. Sounds a fab idea. We already have our wedding booked in Finland and a Caribbean cruise for our honeymoon. Planned on having a snowball fight in Lapland after we tie the knot but something on a beach sounds fab too!

Thank you! I saw it on Pinterest and fell in love with it!

I have heard of the concept before, hence the snowball fight. But it's not really "trashing" my dress.

We have booked the 12 night on Anthem on 27th March 2016. A lot of ports to choose from. X

Thank you! I saw it on Pinterest and fell in love with it!

I would also look at youtube for videos of trashing that went bad. I remember one video that went viral of a woman who almost drown because of the way the multi-layered dress ballooned over her head as she jumped off a dock into deep water.

edit: found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqlG7HT-lNI

Edited by reallyitsmema

This question has 'Bob' written all over it.

Bob has a great deal of varied cruise experiences, but I don't think wearing/trashing a wedding dress is one of them? :D

OP - if you are going to Coco Cay or Labadee, I suggest one of those islands as you can likely find a ship photographer to record the event. The photographers are already on those islands.

Marci

ps - Hi Bob!

Congrats on your wedding! Ignore the 'this is my opinion which wasn't asked for' posts. In Barbados I've taken an excursion with Calabaza Catamaran. They have a photographer on board who takes pics of people snorkelling with turtles.... Don't know if this I something they would consider.....thinking environmental concerns...