Create your specialty restaurant!

So many threads about specialty restaurants, and dining in general, I thought this might be fun. What would you like to see in a specialty restaurant? I get that some people don't like them and would prefer to see them gone. But there are also a lot of people (myself included) who enjoy them, but lament some shortcomings. So, what would you like to see?

I'll go first: I'd love to see a specialty restaurant offering fresh seafood. I hate that I'm spending my vacation floating through waters teeming with wonderful fare, stopping in port after port, but they only serve frozen fish loaded at the home port. I think it would be so cool to have a fresh seafood restaurant featuring items from the various ports of call.

So many threads about specialty restaurants, and dining in general, I thought this might be fun. What would you like to see in a specialty restaurant? I get that some people don't like them and would prefer to see them gone. But there are also a lot of people (myself included) who enjoy them, but lament some shortcomings. So, what would you like to see?

I'll go first: I'd love to see a specialty restaurant offering fresh seafood. I hate that I'm spending my vacation floating through waters teeming with wonderful fare, stopping in port after port, but they only serve frozen fish loaded at the home port. I think it would be so cool to have a fresh seafood restaurant featuring items from the various ports of call.

I don't want to see the specialties gone, just have very little interest in them for myself ... if the rest of you want to go eat in them and leave me alone to enjoy my MDR experience we are all good :)

With that said ... the one thing I liked on Disney but really miss on RCL is a "pub-grub" fix. Disney sports bar had chicken wings, nachos, etc. that made for some good snacking ... haven't seen anything like that on RCL.

I think it would be cool to have a limited seating meal (maybe for 20) where you don't know ahead of time what you are going to get for the night but a chef makes something local to the port that is fresh and not a mass production. So that it is a changing experience each meal.

I was thinking someplace that specialized in the largest Tail around Paired With the Thickest Cut of Prime , With tons Of Garlic and butter. I think i may be just hungry. Or yes I have to agree with Sam I think the Japanese steakhouse would be a hit. Dan

Would love a brunch at a specialty restaurant . Did this on a Disney cruise in their specialty restaurant Palo. It was Italian themed and wonderful. Have never had anything on Royal that compares.

"Pubs around the World"

I love trying new pub fare in cities around the world.

US: Wings/Greasy Fries

Germany: Brats

English: Fish & Chips

Mexico: Civeche and Tacos/Nachos

Thailand: Fun noodle bowl

I also love the fondue suggestion!

I like the idea, but I don't want the ships to become too "franchised". I like having restaurants that I can't eat at at home.

I can definitely relate to that. A good wing joint or sports bar food type place would be good for my blue collar tastes. Something with a real fresh, not frozen, deep fried, not baked honest to God Buffalo wing.

if the rest of you want to go eat in them and leave me alone to enjoy my MDR experience we are all good :)

Gave up on the chaos and banquet food "experience" in the MDR years ago:) Of course you aren't really "alone" in the MDR with 1,000 other people :)

Edited by bouhunter