Not excited about upcoming cruise

rncruiser

I have the opposite issue. I am steering away from booking Oasis/Quantum class. They seem so large and folks are saying it's like a city on the ship. I enjoy areas to sit outside and I am not sure I want to book all reservations for shows and restaurants ahead of time. I love the Radiance class the best. Voyager class is also nice.

The reviews are really good for the mega ships and I suppose sooner or later I will give it a shot. I won't book until I am excited to sail them.

I feel exactly the opposite. The liberty still has the royal promenade, a great pool deck, and the standard RCCL amenities, along with better itineraries because its not a massive floating city behemoth that requires billion dollar renovations to every port it visits...

There really isn't that much to be missed.

My first cruise was on Allure and it was way too big and too crowded for me.

Second cruise was on Freedom and it was a perfect fit - even at full capacity.

I loved the choice in restaurants and activities on Allure - but you could tell that you were on a floating city with 6000 other people.

Moving to Freedom was easy and second nature. (We're booked on Freedom in a month and I can't wait!)

Not really after sailing oasis class but sometimes I feel the same about sailing with royal overall I'm not diamond but I have sailed so many times with them that this is the only time since I started cursing that I don't have any reservation for 2016. I had a hold with NCL for escape or the other new ship coming out of Miami next year ( can't remember the name ) and we cancelled it. I love cruising but I think I need a break from them, or maybe just from royal.

I'm willing to try a new brand cruise line but I don't like carnival at all but I'm willing to try NCL in the future. Let's see what will happen.

We are booked on Liberty of the Seas next month for the 5 night to Bermuda. We have done this itinerary before but have never been on a Freedom class ship. I have cruised RCI exclusively for the past 30 years and have always enjoyed myself. Last 2 cruises were on Oasis and Allure. Maybe I am feeling a let down after this class of ship. I don't think it is because we have been to Bermuda before. We always find something new to see each time we go.

Has anyone else felt this way after cruising Oasis or Quantum class ship?

Then don't go:rolleyes:

Last cruise was on the Allure, I am on the Adventure next month. Each class of ship had its benefits to me. I still love the Freedom class ships though. If you are not looking forward to your cruise then don't go. Hubby and I take separate vacations because it would be torture for him on a cruise ship. I know this and don't even ask. If you do choose to go, a vacation is what you make of it. If you do no want to go on the ship you will not have a good time.

Edited by dacsmom

I've sailed on Liberty OTS and Oasis and had a great time on both. I loved Oasis, but DH said it was too big for him and he really didn't feel like he was on a ship. I love the large ships, but our next two cruises are on much smaller ones - Grandeur and Serenade, so it will be interesting to see how we like the change of pace.

I agree with the posters who stated any cruise is good! I'm booked on the Allure in November and on a HAL ship in 2016. Talk about differences! Both ships offer a different experience, but to me, any cruise is a good cruise because I love it and embrace the differences.

Plus I can't imagine going on a cruise if one didn't want to as one poster stated. I would never go camping so if dh wanted to go, I would wish him well. If you don't want to cruise, stay home. Otherwise, you will be miserable and that's no fun for you or your companions.

We are booked on Liberty of the Seas next month for the 5 night to Bermuda. We have done this itinerary before but have never been on a Freedom class ship. I have cruised RCI exclusively for the past 30 years and have always enjoyed myself. Last 2 cruises were on Oasis and Allure. Maybe I am feeling a let down after this class of ship. I don't think it is because we have been to Bermuda before. We always find something new to see each time we go.

This is why you should be liking Liberty over Oasis.

Oasis

Passenger capacity: 5,400

Number of crew: 2,164

Liberty

Passenger capacity: 3,634

Number of crew: 1,397

We have a cruise on Liberty next month also and we are really looking forward to it. Less people!

Jimbo:)

Well, you are entitled to your opinion and certainly allowed to feel how you feel, but if you ask me, we are all blessed to be able to cruise at all. After cancer, I am delighted to cruise on any ship in the fleet... I am alive and well and finished treatment, never to be concerned about being let down on a cruise. It simply will never happen (for me).

I hope you find the same. Liberty is a phenomenal ship.

Completely agree! I am happy to be able to cruise on any ship.

After a back to back cruise on the Oasis, which we enjoyed very much, we were still ready to book another class of ship. We will be on the Navigator of the Seas next month and we thought about all the Oasis has that the Navigator doesn't, but we liked the ports the Navigator goes to on this cruise - Cozumel, Belize and Roatan. We did not want to go to the same Eastern and Western Caribbean ports again.

Also, we were on the Navigator during her inaugural year in 2003, so it will be interesting to see the changes from the 2014 remodel.

I don't blame you. A few years ago we were on Explorer to Bermuda and by the 2nd sea day I was antsy and bored. There just wasn't enough to do IMO. I like sitting with a cocktail relaxing/people watching but can't do that for hours upon hours. Thank goodness for the gym, mini golf and rock climbing. Even the shows were bad IMO.

At least Bermuda is a beautiful destination. We're looking at oasis or anthem class for our next cruise.

Edited by NJcruisenewbie

Well, you are entitled to your opinion and certainly allowed to feel how you feel, but if you ask me, we are all blessed to be able to cruise at all. After cancer, I am delighted to cruise on any ship in the fleet... I am alive and well and finished treatment, never to be concerned about being let down on a cruise. It simply will never happen (for me).

I hope you find the same. Liberty is a phenomenal ship.

What a fantastic attitude Karen

Go out there and enjoy !

I specifically booked Freedom for the 2nd time in 7 years with Allure twice in between and loved it.

Our 1st RCI cruise was last year on the Allure - next month we will sail the Navigator for the 1st time. I'm aware of the differences, but for me that's part of the excitement of a cruise.

Don't worry, be happy (that you are going on a cruise).

DH and I are going on a Freedom class ship in Dec., for the first time. We've been on Majesty, Vision Class and Voyager Class. All were fabulous cruises because of the folks we met, great experiences and the positive attitude we had.

I would try Oasis, Quantum class in a NY (or should I say TX) minute BUT I'm not sure we would be happy having to book entertainment and dining times before we even step foot on board. Way too much planning for me. I actually thought the Rhapsody was the best fit for me. I liked the size and loved running into people I knew more often. I might be in the minority but I actually prefer a ship without a Royal Promenade :eek: I know, I know, unheard of, right?