Could the rci website get any worse

Ashland

WOW....it really, really, really stinks.

They have designed it for iphones...swipe ad nauseum 'til

you think you've got it.....watch out for the cars around you...

glance at the stop light....OK just reddish orange... floor it.

Hey, it is now easier to call a Royal Rep and chat for a few hours

until you discover the cabin you wanted isn't available....at least

as far as they can tell....wait...they put you on hold and can a supervisor

in India (really nice folks in India)....anyway allowing for time zones

you get an answer the next day....sorry, your cabin is booked.

(Dialing iphone sound).....Hello NCL.......

:D:o

Yeah, I'm not entirely impressed with the website. It doesn't even make sense how to change the cabin to another selection. I was just trying to check if there was a possible price drop for my next cruise and I got nowhere.

Yeah, I'm not entirely impressed with the website. It doesn't even make sense how to change the cabin to another selection. I was just trying to check if there was a possible price drop for my next cruise and I got nowhere.

Sounds like they were successful with the changes.

Some people may snub their noses at Carnival but they leave RCCL in the dust when it comes to customer service.

Have a cruise booked with them in 2017...needed to change to a more desirable cabin. A lovely woman came on the line...attentive, caring and competent. Even better? Not a second wasted trying to backend hustle me into a drink package or excursion. Carnival showed me they want and appreciate my business. I have only truly experienced that level of service with RCCL while planning my first cruise with the line once.

I hope the doubled cost on RCCL will be worth it.

Edited by DeesEscape

I love Royal but I HATE their website. It is one of the worst websites I have ever used. I don't understand why huge companies have such bad sites. For example, I used to work at the corporate office for Kays/Jareds/JB Robinson, ect. Those websites are terrible and the company makes several billion dollars a year.

As far as Royal, twice in the last week I have had to call to get my reservation unlocked. Sometimes the cruise planner loads, other times it just spins and spins and spins. I have to open it in different browsers sometimes and half the time it works.I have two reservations on my account, one is for my husband's aunt and uncle. She was able to create her own account for their reservation. But because it was linked to mine she would also get locked out of the reservation, or it would lock me out. Or we'd be trying to pull up our cruise planner and it would be down. That happened several times.

In January we decided to take a last minute cruise. My last name had changed since our cruise last October and I could not change it online. I called RCL and the rep REFUSED to help me unless I gave him my password so he could "see" what I was talking about and wouldn't let me explain I was just trying to change my last name. I went and booked on Carnival that night. We did not really enjoy our Carnival cruise and decided to stick with Royal, but I can say that they had the most user friendly website. When I called again a couple months ago before we booked this cruise leaving Saturday, I spoke with a guy in Crown and Anchor and he changed my name right away. If only I had done that this past winter.

Just to be fair, the website working better on a mobile device than a desktop is Google's fault.

A few months ago they announced they wouldn't list a website in a search unless it was mobile friendly.

Not sticking up for RCCLs website, just saying.

Agreed and it appears they are taking the approach of implementing small changes over time instead of rolling out an entirely new website all at once I was really liking some of the changes before this last release. The design for the booking system reminds me of an older version of Carnival's website. We've always cruised on RC but Carnival's new site is amazingly easy to use! Hope they are still making improvements to it and this isn't the final version!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the most confusing mess I've ever seen...RCL has reached a new level in their lack of customer service...

Searching and comparing cruises on the RCI site is so painful and there are so many glitches, I gave up and booked another cruise line.

Just to be fair, the website working better on a mobile device than a desktop is Google's fault.

A few months ago they announced they wouldn't list a website in a search unless it was mobile friendly.

Not sticking up for RCCLs website, just saying.

That makes no sense whatsoever...........you actually think Google has anything to do with RCCL's website once you've gotten to it?:D

I think google is also conspiring to re-direct hurricane's to disrupt RCCL cruise ships because they aren't android friendly.... :)

Edited by bouhunter

Is it just me or is anyone else (in UK) having issues logging onto the My Cruises section of the website? I've tried this for a couple of days now and just get a blank screen with: -

An error occurred while processing your request. Reference #30.ee9a2548.1443792805.879433a

This has happened on more than one PC, and more than one browser...:mad: