PVP says flavored teas now $$$

LMaxwell

Per JH..........

Here is what is included for no charge at all and is 100% included in the price of the cruise:

• Lipton English Breakfast Tea

• Lipton Decaf Tea

• Bigelow Green Tea

• Coffee and Decaf Coffee

Also included at no charge are:

A selection of a dozen different fresh cream cakes and pastries

Chocolate treats

Finger sandwiches - no crust

Cookies

Now here is something new. For those who want one of the specialty teas we are introducing as of this coming weekend across the ship something called The Art Of Tea.

The Art Of Tea is one of the leading tea importers in the United States. Art of Tea custom blends carefully selected fair trade tea from around the world and their teas are offered in some of the finest hotels and restaurants in the world. Here is the selection

• Carnival Tropical Blend Herbal Tea

• Earl Grey Crème

• Organic Breakfast Tea

• Green Mint

• Jasmine Reserve

• White Coconut Crème

• Egyptian Chamomile

• French Lemon Ginger

These teas will be individually wrapped and come in an eco-friendly, biodegradable pyramid sachet and were picked by hand and placed gently intop a cart that was pulled by a Yak, called Dave. Seriously, these are very special teas indeed so if you want to have one the cost is $1.95.

This seems to indicate a change in what is available during tea time and doesn't really address what is available in the boxes at the drink stations on the Lido buffet.

Is there any "official" word those tea bags are going away too?

This seems to indicate a change in what is available during tea time and doesn't really address what is available in the boxes at the drink stations on the Lido buffet.

I would think the first four in the list as always available means that's what is on the Lido.

I would think the first four in the list as always available means that's what is on the Lido.

Well, except that he doesn't say those four are "always available." He just says that they are included in the price of the cruise. And also lists the other items at tea time that are included in the cruise price.

That whole answer was in relation to tea time. Now, I know it's probably likely that the other teas are disappearing from the Lido buffet too. I was just asking if anyone had seen confirmation of that.

Because at this point, I am hoping that the other teas will remain in the buffet and they are just removing them as part of tea time to try and push these Art of Tea items during tea time.

I seriously doubt that they are now offering Lipton English Breakfast tea for free.:rolleyes: It's much more likely they are still serving plain, old Lipton Black Tea. There is a difference between English Breakfast and what's in the regular Lipton tea bags. Lipton does offer an English Breakfast variety, but it is more expensive than their regular stuff. Most likely, the same old, regular Lipton black tea is being called "English Breakfast" to make it sound fancier.:rolleyes:

I am wondering if they will also remove the specialty teas from the lounger area of the spa? We enjoyed a cup of lemon zinger while relaxing there. Won't ruin my cruise on the Vista and I can pack my own. Since the spa isn't listed maybe they won't.

Edited by Cinders411

It's disappointing to see another change like this. I have no doubts the new teas are a higher quality tea and should be charged for, but to take away a staple to replace it with a "for fee" item is sad.

Just like the disappearance of the cappuccino from the MDR - I always had one after dinner. It was not a flavored fancy one, but it was a nice little treat and was one of those things that helped make the cruise just that little bit more special.

I hope that this is just at tea time and not in the MDR. I did enjoy the variety of teas and often enjoyed them in the mornings watching the sun rise, reading a book on one of the quiet back decks while waiting on DH to wake. May have to pack on a variety box myself now too just as we do with flavored creamers.

So is the price of Tea time going to be the cost of the new fancy teas?

$1.95?

So are the;

Also included at no charge are:

A selection of a dozen different fresh cream cakes and pastries

Chocolate treats

Finger sandwiches - no crust

Cookies

Which is what they basically serve at Tea Time not part of the Tea time cost equation?

If so and the tea is better quality, then i can stomach paying for better tea at tea time.

Or can I have plain old free;

• Lipton English Breakfast Tea

• Lipton Decaf Tea

• Bigelow Green Tea

• Coffee and Decaf Coffee

with my Tea time?

:cool:

The Lipton tea is going to be available on the Lido, but the new "fancy" teas will not be available without charge. So Earl Gray and mint tea that were in the box, just as an example, will no longer be available.

I know I am in the minority, but I do think there were many cruisers who took lots of the teas with them for at home use. I have gone to get a tea bag and have personally seen people stocking up, filling their pockets and even some with scooters lifting the seat and putting them into the pocket below.

I think that Carnival has seen this as well and decided if it's so important to you to have that Earl Gray, then pay for it. As far as the afternoon tea is concerned, there is no charge for the tea that is included in the cruise price. If you want something else, it is $1.95 per bag.

I can see many people bringing their own as they drink a particular kind and it won't be available without charge. If enough people bring their own, I wonder if Carnival will go back to serving the teas they have all along without a charge?

Each change will be a bitter pill for fans of the original. So I won't fault anyone for voicing their displeasure.

What I have read thus far leads me to believe the "free" tea variety was curtailed to increase demand for the new Art of Tea. Time will tell if this pays off in the bottom line (not that the customer base will be informed of the final result).

As opposed to the theory, a few bad apple passengers were taking advantage of the honor system.

My husband would be up in arms if the hot chocolate-making machine is removed from Lido. That and Guy burgers are the only two things he likes about Carnival.

Edited by logan25

According to John Heald's FB page (which was quoted in part in previous comments), Tea Time is NOT being eliminated and will NOT be a $$$ event.... It will still continue at no charge.

Though I'm 'irritated' that I have to bring my own flavored teas, I will do so. It's not that difficult to pack 7-10 tea bags....no extra weight or space in the suitcase :):) . I also won't have a problem pulling them out at Tea Time and letting wait staff, MD, fellow table mates see that "Yes....I brought my own teas"!!

I'm a little bothered by the nickel and diming that Carnival seems to be doing...taking away first one thing....then another.....then another.

Pretty soon, they're going to have to lower their cruise prices another $ ?? to cover all the services they're NOT offering...

Oh well....for this cruise next week, I'll just pack my tea bags..... I should probably start making plans now to pack our own breakfasts for our cruise in 2017... (don't ream me for saying that...it was a joke....) :):)

Edited by rgmacm

I'm a little bothered by the nickel and diming that Carnival seems to be doing...taking away first one thing....then another.....then another.

Pretty soon, they're going to have to lower their cruise prices another $ ?? to cover all the services they're NOT offering...

tehehehehehe

To each their own--we don't cruise for tea so we're fine with our cruises.

I agree carnival should only provide the transportation and cabin aboard the ship. Then everything else is paid separate.

I am sure that there are people that don't cruise for the pools, so charge the ones that do. Some people don't eat at MDR, so charge for the people that do.

This way you only pay for what you actually go on a cruise for.

Piano Bar $5 Comedians $10 Play list productions $10..

I agree carnival should only provide the transportation and cabin aboard the ship. Then everything else is paid separate.

I am sure that there are people that don't cruise for the pools, so charge the ones that do. Some people don't eat at MDR, so charge for the people that do.

This way you only pay for what you actually go on a cruise for.

Piano Bar $5 Comedians $10 Play list productions $10..

Better yet, why not just stop sailing ships altogether and ask the general public for non-tax-deductible donations to the Carnival Corporation fund, so the company can meet their numbers and make the shareholders happy? Check, Visa, and Mastercard accepted.

Edited by RiotAct

I guess I will bring my own bags. I love blackberry tea. But I will not pay to go to a tea time. Just read his Facebook page and noticed other things being asked about. About the portion sizes in the MDR, and the use of the piano bar. I can only imagine what there thinking issue is of the portion sizes. Maybe up charge for a few more items on the plate…

Better yet, why not just stop sailing ships altogether and ask the general public for non-tax-deductible donations to the Carnival Corporation fund, so the company can meet their numbers and make the shareholders happy? Check, Visa, and Mastercard accepted.

Maybe if someone started a Go Fund Me page for Carnival, they would get some OBC out of it...

Edited by Raxter54

The Lipton tea is going to be available on the Lido, but the new "fancy" teas will not be available without charge. So Earl Gray and mint tea that were in the box, just as an example, will no longer be available.

Where is this information coming from? So far, all I have been able to find is the John Heald addressed the changes as it relates to tea time. I've not been able to find anything office about a change to the boxes of tea in the Lido buffet. Is this just supposition on your part?

Do you think they will be included at tea time?

Not even Green time on the Lido on the Valor last week. Just Lipton Reg and Decaf. Same with Tea Time. But no charge. Desert cart rolled around once to each table. No finger sammies or other hors d'oeuvres.