"Meatloaf" new low for RCCL Windjammer Lunch Carving Station

...the "meatloaf" offering at the Windjammer carving station is a new low for RCCL.... the mini carrot cake cupcakes and mini cheesecakes were repeated every day in the windjammer for dessert with very little variety...

Absolutely agree with you. My beloved carrot cake has been replaced with those disgustingly awful mini carrot cake muffin things - just nasty. And the meatloaf, although a little intriguing, is not a "carvable" option, in my opinion.

And I'm sorry that some members here seem to be giving you a hard time over looking at alternative lines. I say do so, spread the love around. ;) Celebrity is wonderful and your Crown and Anchor status is reciprocal. Looking back over some of your previous posts it seems you have been unsatisfied for a long time now. If the meatloaf is the last straw for you, that is your personal decision.

Take care. :)

................now let me get this straight........on one hand we have lesser quality foods and on the other hand we have all those wanting to pay very little for a week long cruise.:confused:Sometimes "you get what you pay for"......Move up to a higher quality cruise company BUT that may cost more.....Decisions, decisions?...........:cool:

This is no lie...one night on Vision they had 3 different styles of eggs for dinner.

1. Fried eggs in a pan after they have been in the pan for a spell the yokes are solid.

2. Small cheese omelets in a pan

3. Hard boiled eggs

Other things they had to go with it were mashed potatoes, rice dish, barbecue chicken and some Moroccan Lamb dish and some fish. I really thought strange to have all those egg dishes for dinner.

Maybe instead of the theme being "Asian night", or "Mediterranean night", etc. at the Windjammer, it was "Egg night" :D

from Wikipedia -"... Airline chicken is a food dish comprising a boneless chicken breast with the drumette attached. Skin on breast with 1st wing joint and tenderloin attached, otherwise boneless. The cut is also known as a frenched breast..."

M

Maybe Royal Caribbean should have gone with the AKA name for the menu to make it sound fancier.

Edited by UCF_Knight

I'm with you. Are we really talking about switching cruise lines because of meatloaf? Are we really that entitled? Do we decide on a cruise vacation because of the food?

I would consider food when choosing a cruise line. On the other hand, I like meatloaf. Ketchup can hide all kinds of shortcomings. ;)

FWIW, IMHO the beef on the carving station is often inedible. Can't recall ever seeing anything close to medium rare, let alone rare. :(

I like meat loaf, not love most of it, but if it is well prepared WOW, better than roast beef every day.

Smoked Meatloaf, grilled meat loaf, meat loaf in a pan, it can be a great item for a buffet's carving station.

Just my opinion LOL, I still prefer fish or chicken and most of the time they do not do those well .

I've been cruising and a member of these forums since 2006 and one thing is for sure:

People have and will ALWAYS complain about the food quality and offerings. Food taste and wants are SO subjective! What one loves the other will hate. I've come to a conclusion about so called food reviews -- take them with a grain of salt!

BTW I love meatloaf and would definitely get it! I order it consistently at a restaurant in Cleveland called Shula's II and it rocks! Go figure, my wife doesn't like it because it has mushrooms in it. LOL

I would consider food when choosing a cruise line. On the other hand, I like meatloaf. Ketchup can hide all kinds of shortcomings. ;)

FWIW, IMHO the beef on the carving station is often inedible. Can't recall ever seeing anything close to medium rare, let alone rare. :(

Well yeah, food should be considered. But basing your choice on the fact that there is meatloaf in the WJ (one dish! It wasn't the only thing on the buffet...), while other food may be good, is a little ridiculous.

We had meatloaf on the carving station one time on Explorer almost 2 years ago, along with pork belly on another day. Just got off Anthem and yesterday for lunch they had Prime Rib, shrimp cocktail, and Philly cheese steak sandwiches which were really good.