We Missed the Boat!

D'lynn

Please don't flame me. We have taken lots of cruises and we booked the air through RCCL. We were supposed to fly to Sao Paulo from Miami, leaving at 6 pm but the TAM Brazilian Airlines flight didn't take off until almost 5 am the next morning. When we arrived at Sao Paulo with transfers already paid for there was no one there. We survived but I really want people to know the emergency RCCL number that probably saved our lives. 866-562-7625.

OK, ask questions if you want but be nice, I'm still traumatized.

Something similar happened to us years ago on a Celebrity cruise - our connecting flight from Atlanta to Valparaiso (booked through Celebrity) was overbooked, and approximately 20 passengers missed the flight that would get us to the port on time to board the ship.

Celebrity said the airline was responsible. We were put up in a hotel in Atlanta until the next day, when we caught the daily flight to Chile. Then we were put up in a hotel there for two days before flying to the first port. The airline/hotel did provide food vouchers, but that was it's own "funny now, but not at the time" story.

Anyway - that's our "missing the boat" experience. I'm a firm believer now in flying in at least a day ahead of time.

Please don't flame me. We have taken lots of cruises and we booked the air through RCCL. We were supposed to fly to Sao Paulo from Miami' date=' leaving at 6 pm but the TAM Brazilian Airlines flight didn't take off until almost 5 am the next morning. When we arrived at Sao Paulo with transfers already paid for there was no one there. We survived but I really want people to know the emergency RCCL number that probably saved our lives. 866-562-7625.

OK, ask questions if you want but be nice, I'm still traumatized.[/quote']

Thanks so much for the number, sorry to hear of your plight - I am flying into Sao Paulo in April to catch a cruise and I have not been able to arrange travel other than the morning of the cruise!! Luckily I am only flying from Argentina with a few later flights between me and the cruise. I have a couple of questions

Where is the next stop on the cruise, still in Brazil? and have RCI said you can easily get on in that port? My next port of call will be Rio on my cruise and have emergency arrangements in place in case of a screw up but RCI will not confirm at this stage we can get on at Rio.

I think you are very brave to come on here and tell people your tale and I for one greatly appreciate it - hope the rest of your holiday is a blast - a calmer blast of course

Thanks for posting that emergency telephone number. We are flying out Sunday morning so I have made note of it. I have two emergency numbers that were provided by Air2Sea and that one was not one of them! Three years ago we intended to fly out a day ahead and instead cancelled flights had us running into the port terminal with 15 minutes to spare. No judgement here, just a high level of compassion!

I'm sorry, thats a stressful way to start your vacation. I'm happy Royal was able to help you out with accommodations, taxis and a flight. I had a night mare about this a week ago and that was traumatic. I would have no clue how to deal with what you went through. Enjoy your cruise and Sao Paulo tonight!

I'm sorry this happened, what a nightmare for you. I'm happy though that you are all sorted through RCI and can catch up with your cruise. It's so lovely that you came on here and gave the number as I am sure this happens far more than is posted about and knowing that number could help someone here in future.

It's sad that you had to worry about being flamed though, says a lot about these boards at times. You did nothing wrong and on top of everything else shouldn't have been worried about that.

Sorry to hear you missed it but I am glad that RCL and your insurance came through for you. At least you didn't miss the ship because you stayed too long at Carlos N' Charlie's or Senor Frog.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and think of us poor fools back home.

Please don't flame me. We have taken lots of cruises and we booked the air through RCCL. We were supposed to fly to Sao Paulo from Miami' date=' leaving at 6 pm but the TAM Brazilian Airlines flight didn't take off until almost 5 am the next morning. When we arrived at Sao Paulo with transfers already paid for there was no one there. We survived but I really want people to know the emergency RCCL number that probably saved our lives. 866-562-7625.

OK, ask questions if you want but be nice, I'm still traumatized.[/quote']

So sorry this happened. Are you still going to meet the ship at another port? When you have a chance do post. Good Luck.

Please don't flame me. We survived but I really want people to know the emergency RCCL number that probably saved our lives. 866-562-7625.

OK' date=' ask questions if you want but be nice, I'm still traumatized.[/quote']

If you don't want to get flamed you might want to turn down the drama just a tad. Did that number save you from some murderer? How did it save you life? I assume what you meant is that they provided information and comfort in a stressful situation - saving your life, not so much.:cool:

If you don't want to get flamed you might want to turn down the drama just a tad. Did that number save you from some murderer? How did it save you life? I assume what you meant is that they provided information and comfort in a stressful situation - saving your life, not so much.:cool:

Did your mother not advise you If you cannot say something nice SHUT UP You were asked NOT to flame and that comment was unnecessary

Edited by windsor26