When does a cruise price become just too irresistable?

C 2 C

For the first time in nearly two decades, we left our Eclipse Cruise in February with zero future bookings. Future pricing and perceived value of the product made us decide that we would only look for great deals or unique itineraries without going through a potential danger zone.

Last night I decided to check the Exciting deal for tomorrow and I could not resist.

Silh%20Crossing%20price_zpsl4krayjl.png

si%20pricing%202_zpsp5qxmcwq.png

Si%20pricing%20go%20better_zpsmqixftr6.png

The early bird gets the worm but the second... or last mouse gets the cheese.

The flights are just as great for regular cabin folks: (Choice Air)

$100 pp from Detroit to Ft Lauderdale (Canadian funds) about $75 USD

$400 pp from Amsterdam to Toronto again Canadian funds $317 US$

I feel like a won the lottery today.. even though it took 5 minutes of arm twisting to convince my dear wife that I'm taking care of household duties, cooking, dishes, laundry etc for three weeks in April.

For the first time in nearly two decades, we left our Eclipse Cruise in February with zero future bookings. Future pricing and perceived value of the product made us decide that we would only look for great deals or unique itineraries without going through a potential danger zone.

Last night I decided to check the Exciting deal for tomorrow and I could not resist.

Silh%20Crossing%20price_zpsl4krayjl.png

I feel like a won the lottery today.. even though it took 5 minutes of arm twisting to convince my dear wife that I'm taking care of household duties, cooking, dishes, laundry etc for three weeks in April.

Hopefully you haven't booked yet...because shopping the large, well known online sites will get those same two cruises for even less! :cool:

The 13 night transatlantic leg is available for $359pp inside/$549pp ocean view/$599pp balcony :eek:

The 9 night Shakespeare cruise is available for $551pp inside/$529pp ocean view/$532pp balcony :D

Balcony prices that are lower than inside cabin prices indicate a large number of cabins remaining.

Do a search for "last minute cruise deals," "90 day ticker," or "discount cruises." Good luck and happy hunting!

Two recent threads on this board can help you also. Look for the titles "Back to Back Cruise" and "Celebrity Transatlantic Cruise."

Edited by teecee60

We booked our four night Easter cruise on Constellation for $299/pp last week. They had tons of cabins available and offered $299 inside, $399 ocean view and $499 balcony gtys to sell out the ship, and they almost have.

It was cheaper to get two doubles rather than a quad for our family of four. So we will have girls and boys cabins. Last minute air fare was nearly as much as the total cruise fare, but all-in-all, we have a week long spring break with a 4 night cruise and 2 nights in Ft. Lauderdale for less than $3k. I am happy, happy, happy.

We had no plans to take a spring break vacation this year. That $299 price was what set the whole thing in motion.

In 2013, we found a last minute $499/pp with 3rd and 4th free on the Summit to Bermuda that departed on my daughter's 10th birthday. It's just a 3.5 hour drive, so I watch those prices closely every year. I don't think I'll ever beat that one though.

I can't wait until I am not confined to times when school is out.

We booked our four night Easter cruise on Constellation for $299/pp last week. They had tons of cabins available and offered $299 inside, $399 ocean view and $499 balcony gtys to sell out the ship, and they almost have.

It was cheaper to get two doubles rather than a quad for our family of four. So we will have girls and boys cabins. Last minute air fare was nearly as much as the total cruise fare, but all-in-all, we have a week long spring break with a 4 night cruise and 2 nights in Ft. Lauderdale for less than $3k. I am happy, happy, happy.

We had no plans to take a spring break vacation this year. That $299 price was what set the whole thing in motion.

In 2013, we found a last minute $499/pp with 3rd and 4th free on the Summit to Bermuda that departed on my daughter's 10th birthday. It's just a 3.5 hour drive, so I watch those prices closely every year. I don't think I'll ever beat that one though.

I found a $479 to Bermuda for May 1st of this year, waited one day to long to book, and price went up to $529. Was still considering ($529 isn't bad), when our PCC called me at work. Told him to call DH who was home and let him decide, and by time he reached my DH the price went down to $459! Heck yes we booked.

Silh%20Crossing%20price_zpsl4krayjl.png.

I wish I could get a deal like that top one.

But then I want (more like need due to some health issues) a balcony

For those of us in the UK wanting to book that Scandinavia and Shakespeare cruise, an inside cabin is showing as £926 which is $1317 and we dont have the offers available :(

Book via the US and grab that deal ;). Wish I was retired and could jump on some of these last minute bargains - my time will come :).

I keep waiting for 28 March to drop like that, but, it's not. We are on the 13 day TA, April 2, and would love to add 28 March. I got such a great rate on the TA. Plus, last 21 March I paid $279 for the same 5 day. It looks like it may not be in the cards for me.

ARNO - Congrats. That IS the deal of the day!!!!! I have been watching it go down, down, down. What a wonderful B2B.

Marie

As Jael001 said, it's not available in the UK. I am waiting for a call back from Celebrity to see if I can twist their arms or at least get it without single supplement, in order to match the USA price.

Have any English people had experiences booking from US online 'vacation' websites? How safe is it? Will the ship honour it if you have a UK booking but an English passport?

I would be happy to receive any advice at the email account I use for playing games: myzetazinovia@yahoo.co.uk.

Many thanks

Diane

Arno, I haven't booked a cruise on board for my last three cruises. The prices have been ridiculous and their insistence on my taking the OBC booking credit on the current cruise is annoying. And incorrect.

I agree, the TA prices look wonderful. Since I spent a month in Europe last fall, I'm resisting.

Linda

Have any English people had experiences booking from US online 'vacation' websites? How safe is it? Will the ship honour it if you have a UK booking but an English passport?

Many thanks

Diane

Safe - no - my American TA just encourages me to book more cruses, it's an addiction :p. Yes, I have previously reserved from the Xciting Deals flyer. I hate to tell you this, but if you have cruised with X before, they already have your details so they know exactly where you are from :D. No point putting on that American accent, they'll still know you're British :p. Joking aside, many US TAs advertise on CC, you can find their details by changing your setting to US (go to Deals link above, press the US flag on the bottom right and it will change from UK to US ;)). Many offers advertised by TAs on that page - just watch the exchange rate :). Teecee has also given some good advice, see above post #4. Btw, it's not the TAs that take the money from your account like they do over here, you will see X's name on your credit card statement ;).

Edited by villauk

Arno, add us to the group of folks who will be researching our future cruises on the "Xciting Deals" website. Getting a decent airfare at the last minute will be challenging, but Pacific Coastals/Alaska should be workable, for us. Looks like you found a sweet deal! :cool:

PS - Glad to see you back (you've been missed)! If you have a moment, pop-in and say HI your "other" thread. ;)

I book air at the last minute on choice air all the time and have not noticed much, if any change in the fares. In fact, twice I have gotten cheaper fares at the last minute. Once I scored business class OW FCO to JFK for $830 on Lufthansa. To make things sweeter, Celebrity was running a promo and I got $100 extra OBC for booking air.. So dont automatically assume fares at the last minute will be more expensive.

I am flying out of LAX so I realize fares in other smaller markets may change more due to supply and demand but you won't know until you check it out.:D

There are some crazy Med prices for April and May, too, which searching for 90 day ticker will show up. Celebrity allows US agents to take bookings from UK clients; Princess, for example, doesn't, AFAIK.

Stuart

Royal allows this also ;).

Many thanks, Villauk and Wiltonian. I have checked the 90 day ticker and sent off an email and had an almost-immediate phone call in reply. They must be desperate for business. I am now checking to see if a friend wants to come with me. My choice of cruise could depend on that.

At first I was quoted a ridiculous price for single occupancy. I queried that, comparing it with what was on the website, and was given one that was nearly $500 cheaper, so I don't know what was going on there.

I thought that transatlantic was an incredible price! However, air fare kept coming out at around £1,000, so the overall price was no longer cheap.

The internet site I am checking out says that on 'select oceanview and balcony' cabins there are all sorts of other sweeteners, like free drinks or internet or onboard credit or gratuities. I wonder what they mean by 'select' cabins. Are they the ones that can't be sold any other way? Are they cabins I would not want at any price?