Royal Princess - St Thomas

Amtrack Springfield

Royal Princess staying extended in St Thomas and cancelled Princess Cays (was to be our last port of call )...now departing St Thomas @10pm, then headednack to Ft Lauderdale for Mar 23 arrival as scheduled... The is an issue one of the generators (I think)...

We're on the Royal. Now departing at 10pm and skipping Princess Cays on Tuesday. It is due to a generator fault which means they can't go full speed. Keen to assure passengers that making Port Everglades on time on Weds was the priority. Having to hang out at Megan's beach a little longer lol.

$50 OBC credit each so not all bad missing PC - been there so many times it's not a loss to us. There's the usual vocal complaints to be heard

We're on the Royal. Now departing at 10pm and skipping Princess Cays on Tuesday. It is due to a generator fault which means they can't go full speed. Keen to assure passengers that making Port Everglades on time on Weds was the priority. Having to hang out at Megan's beach a little longer lol.

$50 OBC credit each so not all bad missing PC - been there so many times it's not a loss to us. There's the usual vocal complaints to be heard

If they gave me the option of taking $50 per person in exchange for skipping Princess Cays I'd skip it all the time. :D

It's nice but not that nice.

Totally agree, once is nice after that it's a stay on ship day for us:)

I'm in the habit of going over there with my tablet just to watch a movie & wait for lunch. After that, it's back to the ship. There's only so many times a person can enjoy Princess Cays and not get a little bored.

Sorry to hear the Royal is having problems. My SIL and BIL are on the ship. They love the beach and snorkeling at Princess Cay. They have been many times over but will still be disappointed no doubt if the port is missed. Bottom line is that everyone is safe...nothing else matters.

For those posting who are on the ship, I am curious if you felt the earth move when you were in Antigua because of the quake under the Caribbean Sea.

Sandy :)

Edited by Northern Light

We were on the Caribbean Princess boarding on 2/28 and deboarding last Sunday. They are having a generator problem as well that started the week before we boarded and continued through the 2 weeks we were aboard. Not sure if they have it fixed now a week later. Now they have another ship with generator problems. We also missed PC for the same reason as Royal but we are not beach folks so no big loss for us. I understood though that there were many aboard who were disappointed similar to what the current Royal pax feel.

We had an issue with the cooling line to one of the generators while at Princess Cays and the engineers made a retrofit in under two hours and we made it back to FLL about an hour late. I believe she is going into dry dock later this year to undergo planned warranty work plus the opportunity to make the central staircase passenger ready and adding a small pool aft.

We were on the Caribbean Princess boarding on 2/28 and deboarding last Sunday. They are having a generator problem as well that started the week before we boarded and continued through the 2 weeks we were aboard. Not sure if they have it fixed now a week later. Now they have another ship with generator problems.

My understanding from passengers on board is that the generator problem is not yet fixed on the Caribbean. Sorry to hear of these issues on both the Caribbean and the Royal. We are on the Caribbean for the April 17 departure from Houston on the TA. I hope the issue is resolved by then. I'd hate to have a "Triumph experience" in the middle of the Atlantic! :) :)