Comedians on Princess

lorenzod

We have seen Steve Moris many times and love his shows! Carlos Oscar, who was entertainer of the year on Princess a few years back, is also awesome. One performer I haven't seen mentioned is Adam Ace. We have had the pleasure of seeing his show on 2 or 3 cruises and have always enjoyed his antics!

We have seen Steve Moris many times and love his shows! Carlos Oscar, who was entertainer of the year on Princess a few years back, is also awesome. One performer I haven't seen mentioned is Adam Ace. We have had the pleasure of seeing his show on 2 or 3 cruises and have always enjoyed his antics!

Hi Cousin!

Troy Thirdgill!

Tracie-Lynn

Just noticed something...weird.

Every single name mentioned here, in fact all the comedians I recall seeing on Princess, are male. Since many of my favorite stand-up comedians - Silverman, Cho, Lampanelli, even old timers like Rivers and Diller - are women, I have to wonder why. Hell, not even all the CDs are men....though they almost all are. What is this, the 1950s?

The funniest guy I recall seeing was the guy (yeah, guy) on the Grand's fire-down-below cruise, but I'm too lazy to dig through my old Patters. Oh, and there was the guitarist (guy) who did comedic songs...saw him on a couple of cruises, and once again I'm too lazy etc. Anyone?

Generally, I could really do without men doing stereotypical battle-of-the-sexes (Ooooh, women like to shop!) jokes, aren't-the-sucking-toilets-funny material, and the "Passengers spend so much time at the Horizon Court they have to be taken off the ship with a forklift" line.

Edited by shepp

That's ironic. The 2007 First Humor Edition of Readers Digest listed me among the "50 Funniest Things Comedians Ever Said" - never once have I referred to Readers Digest for my material (except my own jokes they published) and I can attest that goes for many of the other greats on Princess like Troy Thirdgill, Carlos Oscar, Steve Caouette, Scott Wyler, Sarge, Robbie Printz, Miguel Washington, and so many more. Sadly you may have caught one or two young comics who were being tried out by Princess, but that is an exception, not the rule. God Bless, and give the guys another chance. All the best to you and yours, Steve Moris

Steve,

We've seen you three times and always hope you will appear on our sailings.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Of course...he is great too, as is Carl Banks!

Let me know if I need to throw in any special requests for you for your cruise in a few weeks!

You are so sweet to ask... I am getting really excited for this trip- and maybe just a little nervous.

Sure you and Brenda don't want to come along???

My most recent cruise on the Sea Princess in December didn't have any comedians (or any entertainment other than a couple of singers) which was very disappointing.

I've enjoyed watching David Moore in the past.

It has been several years since we have been on same ship with Steve Moris but loved his shows and his mastery of the guitar. Fantastic performer. Carlos Oscar is a close 2nd. Both are great and we hope to see them on our Star Princess trip 3/28/17.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just recently saw Carlos Oscar onboard the Pacific Princess. I have never laughed so much my life! He was hilarious!

In February I will be on the Caribbean Princess...hopefully the entertainment will be at the same high level as the Pacific Princess.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by 2Canucks

Being a good comedian is hard. Lots of folks seem to think it's easy but it's not. Good material is had to come up with, finding the proper delivery is hard, and the job itself is just simply demanding. My wife and I truly appreciate the good comedians we see on Princess. There have been a few that were truly horrid and lame. The greats mentioned in this thread deserve the kudos they are getting.

Edited by Thrak

• 1 month later...
Steve, just saw you on the Star Princess & loved you so much, I sat through all 4 shows. (We're the couple who live in Oregon near Katherine Ross.) There was another comedian onboard who's name I have been brain wracking to remember. He is half Columbian, half British. Please help me with his name. His material is definitely not "from Reader's Digest" and sounded completely original as it's all about his life. Happy New Year, Nancy & Dave

Finally remembered who this guy is. Name is Andrew Kennedy. If you have a chance to see him on board, definitely go to see him. Hilarious!

Who are the comic performers currently on the Regal?

we were on Regal 2/19 to 3/5

the first week Steve Moris was on the ship

the second week Steve Caouette was the main Comedian

Both are really funny....

Word of warning.... Don't show up late to Steve Caouette's show. :evilsmile:

we were on Regal 2/19 to 3/5

the first week Steve Moris was on the ship

the second week Steve Caouette was the main Comedian

Both are really funny....

Word of warning.... Don't show up late to Steve Caouette's show. :evilsmile:

x2 on Steve Caouette, funniest guy I've ever heard and doesn't have to resort to "adult humor". Go ahead and turn up whenever you want though, the rest of the audience will certainly appreciate it! You won't...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
x2 on Steve Caouette, funniest guy I've ever heard and doesn't have to resort to "adult humor". Go ahead and turn up whenever you want though, the rest of the audience will certainly appreciate it! You won't...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I have been trying to remember Steve's last name and just couldn't - so glad this was revived! This guy is so funny. We have seen him three times on Princess and every time was hilarious!

I have been trying to remember Steve's last name and just couldn't - so glad this was revived! This guy is so funny. We have seen him three times on Princess and every time was hilarious!

Is he the guy from Canada? If so we saw him on Crown Princess last month and he was outstanding