Comedians on Princess

lorenzod

Close. His name is Troy Thirdgill and you are correct. He's funny and not vulgar.

I only had the pleasure of seeing him one time, but I have never laughed so hard as I did at his show. I keep hoping to catch him on a cruise again.

Carlos Oscar is another good one. I've seen him a few times.

As much as I enjoy the comedians on the cruises (Kevin Hughes is my absolute favorite) I won't set foot in the theater if Al Katz is performing. He was so rude to someone in the audience that we nearly walked out. He ruined his whole show by continuing to belittle the poor guy.

As much as I enjoy the comedians on the cruises (Kevin Hughes is my absolute favorite) I won't set foot in the theater if Al Katz is performing. He was so rude to someone in the audience that we nearly walked out. He ruined his whole show by continuing to belittle the poor guy.

I completely agree, and for the same reason, but heard on the Emerald Princess a few months ago that he will no longer be performing on Princess. His humor was in being just a big old schoolyard bully and I don't find that funny at all.

Troy Thirdgill...now he's funny!

• 5 months later...
Unfortunately very few of them They all get their jokes from the Readers Digest and repeat and repeat and repeat sadly

That's ironic. The 2007 First Humor Edition of Readers Digest listed me among the "50 Funniest Things Comedians Ever Said" - never once have I referred to Readers Digest for my material (except my own jokes they published) and I can attest that goes for many of the other greats on Princess like Troy Thirdgill, Carlos Oscar, Steve Caouette, Scott Wyler, Sarge, Robbie Printz, Miguel Washington, and so many more. Sadly you may have caught one or two young comics who were being tried out by Princess, but that is an exception, not the rule. God Bless, and give the guys another chance. All the best to you and yours, Steve Moris

Edited by lookayellowbird

That's ironic. The 2007 First Humor Edition of Readers Digest listed me among the "50 Funniest Things Comedians Ever Said" - never once have I referred to Readers Digest for my material (except my own jokes they published) and I can attest that goes for many of the other greats on Princess like Troy Thirdgill, Carlos Oscar, Steve Caouette, Scott Wyler, Sarge, Robbie Printz, Miguel Washington, and so many more. Sadly you may have caught one or two young comics who were being tried out by Princess, but that is an exception, not the rule. God Bless, and give the guys another chance. All the best to you and yours, Steve Moris

Steve-

The sign of a a really great comedian is being remembered...

I have had the pleasure to see you once and you were amazingly talented. The songs, the jokes, the snark! A big old bucket of awesomeness!!!

Tracie-Lynn

I completely agree, and for the same reason, but heard on the Emerald Princess a few months ago that he will no longer be performing on Princess. His humor was in being just a big old schoolyard bully and I don't find that funny at all.

Troy Thirdgill...now he's funny!

We saw Al Katz on Regal last week and thought he was very funny

Saw you once on Princess and hope to see you again. Nobody does shadow puppets quite like you. :D

I absolutely love the moment in "the bottle song" when the guy who has been applauding wildly has "that moment". You know... :)

Edited by Thrak

Sadly, we have seen a couple of comedians on Princess that seem to think are either on a Carnival ship or else think that they have toned down their act. There really isn't a need to use material that offends a bunch (even a minor bunch) of the audience. There have been several mentioned here that know how to be genuinely funny without resorting to offensive or grossly vulgar bits.

I'm hoping our 28 day cruise next year has some class acts. I'm not a prude and have been OK with some of the stuff that offended some of the other passengers. I definitely don't need Mr. Rogers but there is a line that doesn't need to be crossed.

I agree with many of the previous posters.....my absolute favorites: Steve Moris, Carlos Oscar, Troy Thirdgill.

And as for the comments that the comedians only repeat the same jokes, I would say that is not true of the best. We did a b2b2b2b two years ago, and were fortunate to have Steve Moris perform on 3 of the 4 cruises. We went to see him every time, and much of his show was different each time. In fact, I stopped to talk to him after the show to tell him how much I appreciated his adding new material. And he told me that he always does (but I am glad he kept some of his best gigs, including his performance on the bottles. Hysterical!)

Edited by jkocpa

• 2 months later...
God Bless, and give the guys another chance. All the best to you and yours, Steve Moris

Steve, just saw you on the Star Princess & loved you so much, I sat through all 4 shows. (We're the couple who live in Oregon near Katherine Ross.) There was another comedian onboard who's name I have been brain wracking to remember. He is half Columbian, half British. Please help me with his name. His material is definitely not "from Reader's Digest" and sounded completely original as it's all about his life. Happy New Year, Nancy & Dave

Carlos Oscar, Steve Moris, guy with the flashlight -Kevin Jordan? I think that's his name.

Loved all of those guys. I have my picture with Steve Moris a couple different times loved all his shows.

Someone I can say that you can skip is Eric L. We just saw him on the Regal and I didn't care for him at all and it wasn't the type of jokes he was telling, it just was that he wasn't funny at all. The cruise director was funnier than the comedian.

Julie

Edited by arizonaperson

Our favorite was Kevin Hughes who we enjoyed on the Golden a few years back. We bought one of his cd's and play it now and again and laugh all over again. His personal story also rings true as it was not until he was an adult that he realized that he was autistic; something that a family member we have grapples with. Kevin has a degree in psychology and family therapy and when not ship side lectures at seminars for health professionals and family groups. We would love to be able to see him perform again.