Comedians on Princess

lorenzod

x2 on Steve Caouette, funniest guy I've ever heard and doesn't have to resort to "adult humor". Go ahead and turn up whenever you want though, the rest of the audience will certainly appreciate it! You won't...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Steve C was on Ruby last week (June 16-23), very funny and family friendly. Arrive early as suggested because his shows were standing room only, and don't get up to use the restroom or whatever during the show or you will become part of it.

We have seen Steve Caouette several times and he is great.

We wish Princess would have a venue for comedians like Carnival does.Carnival has a comedy act around 11:00pm almost every night.

Princess tends to have one headline show with a comedian and one lounge show.

One of our favorites was a guy called "Sarge" He was so talented, could sing and play piano too. We were on a cruise that kept getting moved to other islands because of hurricanes and he created shows just to make fun of the "cruise to nowhere" including the most hilarious songs. He is still doing shows for all types of places, just checked out his website.

We wish Princess would have a venue for comedians like Carnival does.Carnival has a comedy act around 11:00pm almost every night.

The Comedy Club on Carnival features an early evening show that is G rated and a later show that is R rated. In most cases I find the later show to be R rated only because the comedian uses lots of obscenities under the theory that is what makes a joke funny. Frankly, the jokes would be just as good or as bad without the obscenities.

• Like 1

We have seen Steve Caouette several times and he is great.

Princess tends to have one headline show with a comedian and one lounge show.

I know what you mean.

Unfortunately Princess has decided, due to pressure from a few puritans that stumbled into the shows a few years ago that the "R" rated shows were inappropriate for others to enjoy.:(

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
12 hours ago, ISABELLA said:

Marty Allen - remember him from 20 years ago??

Marty Allen and wife at the time were on the Grand Princess in the early years, late 90's, 2000. He stayed on for years as a special guest entertainer. We saw him on a Grand Princess cruise in 2000. At that time he stayed in a full suite, cabin L301. You would see him around the pool area and other areas of the ship. Times have changed. No more "special" named guest entertainers and  for the most part no longer on board for the entire cruise. They mostly come and go. They also don't get to stay permanently in full suites, cruise after cruise.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ISABELLA said:

Marty Allen - remember him from 20 years ago??

"Hello Dere!"

Yes, I remember him and his wife Katy Blackwell (good singer). But I think we saw them on NCL back in the day.

Our current favorite is Steve "Breaking GlassCaouette. We love giving standing ovations to late comers, LOL.

2 hours ago, DVC Calif said:

"Hello Dere!"

Yes, I remember him and his wife Katy Blackwell (good singer). But I think we saw them on NCL back in the day.

Our current favorite is Steve "Breaking GlassCaouette. We love giving standing ovations to late comers, LOL.

He is funny. Hope to see him again some time. 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 8:13 AM, skynight said:

Marty Allen and wife at the time were on the Grand Princess in the early years, late 90's, 2000. He stayed on for years as a special guest entertainer. We saw him on a Grand Princess cruise in 2000. At that time he stayed in a full suite, cabin L301. You would see him around the pool area and other areas of the ship. Times have changed. No more "special" named guest entertainers and  for the most part no longer on board for the entire cruise. They mostly come and go. They also don't get to stay permanently in full suites, cruise after cruise.

I haven't sailed on Princess in about 10 + years, but I remember "Good old days" when Entertainers were entertaining.

We Enjoy Marty and his wife acts over few cruises. We sailed on original Grand Princess first Caribbean sailing back in the 90s.. Grand is still my favorite ship. Thank you for remembering Marty....a very funny man.

I used to love comedians and cruise ships had some terrific shows.  Yes, we heard Marty Allen who was so frail (physically and mentally) that he stood on stage and read most of his jokes from 3x5 file cards.  He was still entertaining because the man still had his timing.   But these days we seldom waste our time with comedians.  On ships (and even in many places on land) they have been completely hobbled by a requirement that they say nothing that might offend anyone (including a cockroach crawling on the floor).  Political correctness and hypersensitivity has all but destroyed great comedy.   On one large mass market cruise line the cruise directors are no longer permitted to tell jokes because the cruise line is concerned that somebody might be offended.    You can Google "Is comedy dead" and you will get a lot of hits.  But on most cruise lines comedy is indeed dead.  

Hank

• Like 1

On 3/31/2016 at 10:56 AM, eclue said:

Steve Moris - he used to be with the Beach Boys - he is amazingly funny and there is always a full house...we have seen him several times on the Alaska trips and also on the Caribbean Princess recently.

Love to see him anytime...

eclue:rolleyes:

He was a judge on The Voice of the Ocean and it was the best one ever.

23 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

He (Steve Morris) was a judge on The Voice of the Ocean and it was the best one ever.

Steve Morris was on board the Crown this past February. He indicated that he was leaving Princess to set up a show in Branson. Wonder if that plan will work now?

4 hours ago, skynight said:

Steve Morris was on board the Crown this past February. He indicated that he was leaving Princess to set up a show in Branson. Wonder if that plan will work now?

He is in Branson and doing shows for families or small groups.  So if you're in that area you can still get to see his show.  

Branson Central Theatre June 5 to Dec 19 2020. Visit stevemoriscomedy.com for tix & info

Image may contain: living room and indoor

Photo credit Steve Moris

Edited by Ferd Berfle
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, skynight said:

Should work as least as well as performing on cruise ships at this time.

George Casey, who usually works premium cruise lines, filled in on our Princess TA. Appeals better to an older crowd. He is awesome because he takes time to sit and chat with passengers in the Horizon telling funny Irish stories.

Of the "regular" Princess comedians, Carlos Oscar.

Edited by mtnesterz

On 6/29/2018 at 11:11 AM, mommy5 said:

One of our favorites was a guy called "Sarge"

Sarge was a featured act during my Star Princess cruise in 2005.  I had heard about him from posts on CC and was glad to see that we would be entertaining during my cruise.  He did provide a good and funny show.

BUT--the best comedy act was the ship's Maitre d' and the Executive Chef's show in the Main Theater that was just prior to the Galley Tour.  Even the dining room and galley crew who were assistants and were standing at the side of the stage was smiling and laughing.