any tips on finding decent airfare from phl-fll?

our plan is to fly down to Fort lauderdale on Nov 26 for our Allure cruise on the 27th and fly back on December 4th.

Anybody have any tips to find decent airfare. We are definitely looking for a nonstop flight.

TIA

Bill

JetBlue has round trip for $363.

our plan is to fly down to Fort lauderdale on Nov 26 for our Allure cruise on the 27th and fly back on December 4th.

Anybody have any tips to find decent airfare. We are definitely looking for a nonstop flight.

TIA

Bill

Hi, Bill. We sail on the Allure on Aug. 14. This is our first cruise on a "mega ship". Looks like lots of adventure. August can't come soon enough!

There is an app called "Hopper" where you can put in your flight info, and Hopper will let you know of any price decreases/increases. There is also a site http://www.kayak.com that I use to get leads on possible good flight values, then I always book either direct with the airline, or with American Express Travel.

Hope this helps.

That's a tough week to find cheap air to anywhere with it being Thanksgiving time. I usually pick SWA from BWI which isn't too far from Phl. Doesn't look like SWA has a lot of directs from PHL whereas BWI does. Might be a good option if PHL doesn't offer much. The SWA schedule past Nov 4th opens on June 2nd. Unless you see something now around $150/pp each way, then I'd wait until June 2nd and reevaluate then.

My TA told me once to check fares on a Tuesday, putting in your departure dates and see what comes up.

Yes but it's best if there is a full moon on the Tuesday and you stand facing north between midnight and 2:00AM while logging in.

To the OP - as someone else suggested Kayak is a good site for price shopping.

Edited by bouhunter

My preference is to fly SWA as they don't charge for 2 bags plus they will honor price drops. I went through this agony when trying to find an affordable R/T STL, MO to SJU, PR. Prices were through the roof on all airlines. I literally checked for price decreases daily for several months. It paid of as I was able to capitalize on 3 different price drops.

Jet blue is showing for total trip

Traveler 1: Adult$214.60

Traveler 2: Adult$214.60

Booking Fee $0.00

Trip Total: $429.2

Departure : 7:00am

PHL

to

9:38am

FLL

Return:

12:28pm

FLL

to

3:11pm

PHL

If it was me, I would jump on this ^.

I occasionally fly from Trenton (Frontier), also.

Thanks for all the great tip, except for post #3. That didn't help me much but that's cool the poster got such a good price for their flight.

We have done the BWI-FLL and will again if we can't get anything decent from Philly.

Since the merger with AirTran Southwest from PHL stinks. Only 4 flights on a Saturday and all have stops.

I'll check out all the links tonight after work too. I won't leave any stones unturned.

Thanks again for all the help:)

Bill

That's a tough week to find cheap air to anywhere with it being Thanksgiving time. I usually pick SWA from BWI which isn't too far from Phl. Doesn't look like SWA has a lot of directs from PHL whereas BWI does. Might be a good option if PHL doesn't offer much. The SWA schedule past Nov 4th opens on June 2nd. Unless you see something now around $150/pp each way, then I'd wait until June 2nd and reevaluate then.

We also have started flying out of BWI due to less expensive flights and more non-stops than PHL. Just another hour away for us.

We also sign up for the SW credit card and through points haven't paid for a flight in two years.

Another poster suggested American Airlines, and I second that.

We have flown Southwest almost exclusively for a few years, but when pricing out airfare to FLL for our recent Serenade cruise Southwest was crazy expensive ($1200 RT for two out of PHL with one stop; $950 out of BWI but I have to add the cost of driving and hotel for the night before the flight, so that also put me around $1150).

I was able to get 2 RT to Miami from PHL on American which INCLUDED one checked bag each and Group A Boarding for $720, a huge savings. Even when I add the $200 we spent on a private car between Miami and FLL, we still came out ahead...and the flights were non-stop. No drive to BWI and no stops for the flight.

American now has a big presence at PHL due to the merger with USAir.